SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Closing deal on a 98 MK4 TT

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-16, 08:19 PM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Closing deal on a 98 MK4 TT

I'm buying myself a new toy! Closing the deal on a mint all original 1998 White MK4 Supra Twin Turbo Targa with 67,399 miles on it.

We agreed on the purchase price, they sent me over the purchase order, and then forwarded the details to my bank. My bank approved the sale.

All that's left is DMV paperwork for California since it's a car coming from Texas. All of the other details have been ironed out already.

I'll be signing the DMV paperwork that my credit union prepared tomorrow and I'll be sending that paperwork to the dealership and have them sign.

After that my bank will wiring the funds over and it's a done deal!

So, looks like I'll be selling my SC!

UPDATED PICS OF THE SUPRA ON BOTTOM OF PAGE 9!!!!

Here are some pics of the Supra:

And some pics of my SC I'll most likely be getting rid of:

Last edited by FSUsucks1; 04-21-16 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-29-16, 08:27 PM
962jzsc415
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

That's a GREAT reason to let go of your SC.....AND the color combo on the SUPRA Just curious what you'd let go of your SC for?
Old 03-29-16, 08:28 PM
jimbosr1
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 115 Posts

very nice,supra looks amazing!
Old 03-29-16, 08:34 PM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 962jzsc415
That's a GREAT reason to let go of your SC.....AND the color combo on the SUPRA Just curious what you'd let go of your SC for?
Send me a Private Message
Old 03-29-16, 10:54 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

Wow, you've put a ton of recent work into the SC. (I think it looks a lot better than the Supra at present, but I'm sure you'll put just as much work into that and knock it out of the park.) Here's hoping no one lowballs you on it!
Old 03-29-16, 11:45 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

Congratulations FSUsucks1! The Supra looks great! And it's one of the rarest MKIV TT's, too.
Old 03-30-16, 12:48 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

That is a very clean Supra.

It's a shame to see your SC go though. It's one of the nicest SC's on the forums.
Old 03-30-16, 03:23 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Go for it .. sc400 (1uzfe) to MKIV TT ... it is a no brainer. If the SC had a 2jzgte then I would have said , keep both .

Your SC400 with 1uzfe will only go down in price as time pass .. but not the MKIV at least for now. They are going no where but higher in prices. I have monitored their prices in the past 8 years and have gone up at least 50% and getting harder to find a good one for a bargain price. Got my first MKIV which was a stock Auto TT for $11k .. at that time average price for stock was around $15-18k for an Auto TT.. and $18-22k for a 6speed. You will be lucky if you get a stock auto TT below $25k and 6speed below $30k now. I have seen clean stock low mileages TTs above $40k lately . Well done " built MKIV that where originally TT " ??? ... go figure how much they go now .

Good Luck selling the SC . Hope you get the price you want for it. Two local buddies who had been selling their 2000 SC300 with shine kits , black interior and really in good shape had been selling theirs in the past two years for $7-8k and all they get are tire kickers. Our SCs just do not command the price they deserve even if done well.

Last edited by gerrb; 03-30-16 at 04:30 AM.
Old 03-30-16, 04:36 AM
FunCarGo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand the love the MK4 gets on this forum sometimes. Although some have a great SC, it seems like they only have it until they can afford a Supra. Yes it's a nice car but way overhyped. Your SC is so gorgeous and clean, never in my life would I be selling this for a stock, at, mk4. In Europe the mk4 is so cheap due to the flood of japanese imports. Still I would rather spent my bucks on something with more value for money and less inflation due to hype.

Sorry for the rant, enjoy your new car
Old 03-30-16, 06:19 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by FunCarGo
I don't understand the love the MK4 gets on this forum sometimes.

Still I would rather spent my bucks on something with more value for money and less inflation due to hype.
My very first project was an SC. I never liked the MKIV and always said that to friends !

Neither did I understand the love the MKIV gets till I owned one... driving and cruising around with the Targa down. People braking their neck trying to have a glimpse on the car ... NOT YOU , LOL ... just because they seldom see a MKIV and most do not know what it is , NOT EVEN many of the people working for Toyota now.

Well on top of that , to know how lethal in stock form the TT long block can be with just bolt on accessories all the more made it worth while. Tell me a car in the early to mid 90s that has a long block in stock form that can hold such power ... 700rwhp RELIABLY all DAY ? You can get more and many did more even up to 1000rwhp but you are flirting with disaster.

But again , I always loved the SC so I had to have one ( well that's a lie , I love it so much that I have more than one, lol ) but with the power of the MKIV !

For me , it is spending money on a car that will hold its value .... not every car holds their value. Not unless you are just a damn rich guy who could afford to absorb losses any time , any day and I am far from it.

Last edited by gerrb; 03-30-16 at 06:27 AM.
Old 03-30-16, 07:07 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

In Europe the mk4 is so cheap due to the flood of japanese imports.
I've mentioned that before on here and no one seems to, or wants to, believe it.
Old 03-30-16, 07:09 AM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by t2d2
Wow, you've put a ton of recent work into the SC. (I think it looks a lot better than the Supra at present, but I'm sure you'll put just as much work into that and knock it out of the park.) Here's hoping no one lowballs you on it!
I did put a lot of work into my SC but I also understand that they do not hot hold value and you never get what you put in back.. With that said I am not in a rush to get rid of it and not going to even entertain low ball offers which there are plenty of cheap lowballlers on this site! LOL!

I can also just put the car in storage if need be but we will see.

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Congratulations FSUsucks1! The Supra looks great! And it's one of the rarest MKIV TT's, too.
Thank you! They are becoming harder and harder to find for sure.

Originally Posted by Kira X
That is a very clean Supra.

It's a shame to see your SC go though. It's one of the nicest SC's on the forums.
Thanks Kira. Hopefully someone out there will appreciate how clean my SC truly is.
Old 03-30-16, 07:23 AM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gerrb
Go for it .. sc400 (1uzfe) to MKIV TT ... it is a no brainer. If the SC had a 2jzgte then I would have said , keep both .

Your SC400 with 1uzfe will only go down in price as time pass .. but not the MKIV at least for now. They are going no where but higher in prices. I have monitored their prices in the past 8 years and have gone up at least 50% and getting harder to find a good one for a bargain price. Got my first MKIV which was a stock Auto TT for $11k .. at that time average price for stock was around $15-18k for an Auto TT.. and $18-22k for a 6speed. You will be lucky if you get a stock auto TT below $25k and 6speed below $30k now. I have seen clean stock low mileages TTs above $40k lately . Well done " built MKIV that where originally TT " ??? ... go figure how much they go now .

Good Luck selling the SC . Hope you get the price you want for it. Two local buddies who had been selling their 2000 SC300 with shine kits , black interior and really in good shape had been selling theirs in the past two years for $7-8k and all they get are tire kickers. Our SCs just do not command the price they deserve even if done well.
Thanks Gerrb. I've been looking for a car for a while now and was actually considering 2 others besides the MK4 Supra. I was looking at 2008-2011 Aston Martin Vantage V8's and 2008-2012 Porsche 911 Carrera S. I have always loved the Supra but I did not want one that had already been modified. Stock Supra's are very hard to find these days so I saw this one and said I want it.

911's are a dime a dozen here in SoCal and Aston's are beautiful but they still don't do what Supra's do for me.

I don't understand the love the MK4 gets on this forum sometimes. Although some have a great SC, it seems like they only have it until they can afford a Supra. Yes it's a nice car but way overhyped. Your SC is so gorgeous and clean, never in my life would I be selling this for a stock, at, mk4. In Europe the mk4 is so cheap due to the flood of japanese imports. Still I would rather spent my bucks on something with more value for money and less inflation due to hype.

Sorry for the rant, enjoy your new car
I get what you are saying and thanks for the compliment and feedback.

Originally Posted by t2d2
I've mentioned that before on here and no one seems to, or wants to, believe it.
There are many other cars that are way less expensive in Europe but that is a different market. But the same can be said here. There are some cars that are worthless here in the states and cost so much more in other countries.
Old 03-30-16, 07:29 AM
1A1
Instructor

Received 300 Likes on 207 Posts

I have both cars. They are similar, however, the MK4 increases in value every year and the SC just doesn't. There is no comparison really when it comes to that. Both are great cars, but the MK4 is a legend and is very rare here in the states. Clean examples like the one the OP is getting are even more rare.

Steve K.
Old 03-30-16, 07:49 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by FSUsucks1
There are many other cars that are way less expensive in Europe but that is a different market. But the same can be said here. There are some cars that are worthless here in the states and cost so much more in other countries.
^^^ THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

A car is only worth as much as people are willing to pay for it .... plain and simple.

BMW , MB and Audi are very cheap in Europe ... a dime a dozen , not here in the US while they are brand new. Ford ,GM and Jeep are cheap here in the US compared to what they are sold in Europe or other countries.

The demand on the Toyota Supra MKIV in the US is now more than the supply .. that is what is driving the price high aside from the fact the people getting to know how lethal its power plant can be when it is worked on or even in stock form with just bolt on accessories .

In Europe and even in Japan , they may be cheap .... tell me why ...the demand is not as great as we have it here FOR NOW at least .

There would always be people who would say that they love the SC better than a Supra ( I was one of them and do always hear it from people who never owned one )... wait till they have the opportunity to own one...lol.

So far , I have yet to hear from anybody who owned both and say , he really like and love the SC more than a Supra MKIV .

Last edited by gerrb; 03-30-16 at 08:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Closing deal on a 98 MK4 TT