SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Your Worst Garage Mishaps (warning graphic pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-16, 04:18 PM
SCFactory
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by eknine9
I managed to get a very similar cut on my palm from the dust boot on my brakes as well while I was trying to break the ball joint loose from my LCA's. Those dust boots are sharp as hell for whatever reason. Also cut my thumb open on the subframe when I was using some degreaser to clean up the camber/toe marks where the LCA's connect. The LCA swap on this car was a very unhapppy chore for me, an both cuts were on the same hand. Had trouble opening my beer after it was all done.
I had a similair thing happened when I used to work on SC's without the proper space and tools I used my foot to create torque on the strut bolt it slipped and I sheer skin off my shin on the rusty rotor, had to get a tetnis shot as it became infected and my whole lower leg swelled up.
Old 02-08-16, 05:13 AM
Reyke
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

while swapping in my r154....so I did all the separate work pedals, master. The day came to drop the auto got everything loosened up put my nice big Jack underneath the car I had my drain pan and oil diapers on hand. Loosen the last bolt, pull the trans away from the engine and my Jack is terrible for one reason when it releases to lower it drops real fast and it's hard to gauge or catch. Loosen the Jack release valve and the trans drops right out perfectly balanced on the Jack and doesn't fall off all wild and violent. So now I wiggle under the car go to work the trans off the Jack and bam rolls off the Jack and smashes my f#$&in hand. At this point I'm so pissed I could care less about the trans fluid dumping out, I grabbed that pos dragged it from under the car like a kicking and screaming child lifted it over my head and threw it into the garage. My wife and son weren't home but the dog was and I guess she knew I was pissed and hid the entire day poor thing didn't eat that night until my wife came home and found her.