SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300 Accident HALP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-13, 09:09 AM
95Sexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC300 Accident HALP!

I had an accident in my SC300 and i am really looking for tips on dealing with the insurance company. They want to total out my car due to $3,400 worth of damage, they have yet to tell me what they are willing to give me as totaled pay out, i should know Monday, but i have a feeling its gonna be low. I have gotten together craigslist and ebay ads as well as all my receipts from just putting in a mishimoto radiator, eibach pro kit, and kyb agx shocks. As well i have a service report from Lexus of every maintinance being done at the correct intervals through about 140,000. Its at 206,000 now.
SC300 Accident HALP!-a4ns8p2.jpg
SC300 Accident HALP!-ikgrxna.jpg
SC300 Accident HALP!-6tjl2th.jpg
This is how the car looked before the accident, i guess what im asking is an idea of a good pay out to ask for from the insurance company. I wont tell how much i have into it until i receive the check.
Old 05-05-13, 09:30 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Lets see the damage.... then we can assume damage and tell you more.
Old 05-05-13, 11:06 AM
95Sexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Lets see the damage.... then we can assume damage and tell you more.
SC300 Accident HALP!-pqawq7o.jpg
SC300 Accident HALP!-li0oohf.jpg
SC300 Accident HALP!-xqlp4ni.jpg

Fender, Hood, Bumper, Bumper Support, and head light were all damaged beyong repair but they are saying that because the very corner of the inner fender wall is bent back 1/2 an inch its frame damage and gonna be too much to repair. Low impact no airbags deployed on either car at slow speeds.
Old 05-05-13, 11:09 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

1) They don't give a damn about anything but the car book value.

2) You'll be lucky you get paid at all since you pulled out in front of him.

Those are the only two facts in the insurance check, everything after this post shall be speculation.
Old 05-05-13, 11:16 AM
95Sexus
Driver School Candidate

Although at fault i had full coverage including collision so they do owe me fair compensation for my loss, appropriate reimbursement for the rental car, and enough money to cover tax and title of another car. I know i don't have as much leverage as a victim in this scenario but this is why im paying so much for insurance.
Old 05-05-13, 11:26 AM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Book value-time to negotiate.
Old 05-05-13, 11:51 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Take the money, buy that crashed one back for a steal from them. Part that one out keeping your upgraded parts for your next Sc. Put the bread together with what you have left over and buy a lower mileage Sc. Put your upgraded parts on.
Old 05-05-13, 02:09 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That MB took quit a punch to the face.
Old 05-07-13, 04:11 PM
95Sexus
Driver School Candidate

Yes it did, the insurance company plans on calling me tomorrow with their offer for buying my car, any tips for what to ask for when it comes to compensation how much you think would be a fair amount.
Old 05-07-13, 04:37 PM
NixusSC
Driver

whatever bluebook is to replace the car in good condition??
btw, you should totally remove your front bumper grill insert and sell it to me before they take it
i keed i keed, let us know what the insurance company comes up with
Old 05-07-13, 04:47 PM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to get the book value from NADA. That's what they use for value. Then you need to find comparable cars for a replacement, their offer needs to be comparable to replacements around your area.

You also need to total up any expenses you have had because of the accident. Rental car, missed work pay, doctor visits ect. They need to pay you for those as well.

So in addition to what they pay you for the car, you also need the expenses paid to you as well.

Do not accept the first offer on your car . Whatever they offer you even if a good price tell them you need to think about it and call them back, Give it a few hrs or next day. Up the offer by $500. They will accept.

Unfortunately they will give you no money back for any work you put into the car. If there are things you really want, or if your interior is mint I would buy the car back and get a replacement and swap the stuff over.

Also for your expenses they have approval for any offer up to $1500. After that they need a supervisor’s approval. They will need receipts.
Old 05-07-13, 06:05 PM
95Sexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TI II
You need to get the book value from NADA. That's what they use for value. Then you need to find comparable cars for a replacement, their offer needs to be comparable to replacements around your area.

You also need to total up any expenses you have had because of the accident. Rental car, missed work pay, doctor visits ect. They need to pay you for those as well.

So in addition to what they pay you for the car, you also need the expenses paid to you as well.

Do not accept the first offer on your car . Whatever they offer you even if a good price tell them you need to think about it and call them back, Give it a few hrs or next day. Up the offer by $500. They will accept.

Unfortunately they will give you no money back for any work you put into the car. If there are things you really want, or if your interior is mint I would buy the car back and get a replacement and swap the stuff over.

Also for your expenses they have approval for any offer up to $1500. After that they need a supervisor’s approval. They will need receipts.
Thank you that was what i was looking for, I am going to buying the car back they want like $500 buy back and i just put a new mishimoto radiator and eibach springs with agx kyb shocks on so will be worth it, plus im buying a sc400 up in the area then gonna part out the rest to friends and here. The grill is broken but ill try and get pictures to you of how bad. Also i have a spair bumper from a junk yard so ill check it im pretty sure it had the grill.
Old 05-08-13, 02:50 PM
95Sexus
Driver School Candidate

Well talked to the insurance company and all they were willing to offer was $3200 and they keeps the car, they wanted $1500 for me to buy my car back, so looks like im out of the sc game . I figure i do the dignafied thing and pick up a gts corolla and drift it till i can afford another sc for a daily.
Old 05-10-13, 08:40 AM
NixusSC
Driver

sucks to hear that man
gts corolla that's common near you?
I hardly see any rwd corollas in my area of florida :/
Old 05-10-13, 09:07 AM
gotboost00
Driver School Candidate

There is a lot of useful information in this thread but keep in mind that the NADA value is not always the deciding factor. You can do some research and see what the "going rate" is for SC's in the area with similar mileage/condition and use that as a negotiating tool. They should give you a comparable estimate of similar cars in your area. Just my $.02. Hopefully it's not too late. GL!

Quick Reply: SC300 Accident HALP!