SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

roll cage question

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-12, 07:31 AM
2jzinsider
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roll cage question

Hello cl, I'm in the market to buy a 4 point roll cage since i never owned a car with one and never have anyone in my back seats and don't plan to have any. I was looking into the autopower roll cage 4 point. does anyone know how the fitment is? also since its my dd can i still keep my rear seats on? if not does anyone here know any 4 points that fits and that still retain the rear seats on. thanks!
Old 09-14-12, 10:08 PM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jzinsider
Hello cl, I'm in the market to buy a 4 point roll cage since i never owned a car with one and never have anyone in my back seats and don't plan to have any. I was looking into the autopower roll cage 4 point. does anyone know how the fitment is? also since its my dd can i still keep my rear seats on? if not does anyone here know any 4 points that fits and that still retain the rear seats on. thanks!
Ok I'm going to put the brakes on all the soft, VIPPu, stanced guys who want a rollcage.

Here's the deal, I've had a beer and I'm going to hit you with the truth.

A roll cage is a piece of ancillary equipment that is intended for one purpose, to save your praying for god, miserably inconvenient time for death, holding on for dear-god *** life at 150mph.

If you rock a rollcage on a weak-sauce DD, here's whats going to happen:

-You will get beat up. Yes Chromoly tube is harder then your head, so expect it to bleed. A lot.

-You will never realistically use your back seats other than throwing your Gym bag back there, cause it's gone. Forever.

-Did I mention forever? Cause you have to TIG weld the rollcage in.

-Oh yeah, "Fitment". Well, you are going to have to add, and take away structural metal. Sound good?

Now that I'm done being an a$$hole, here's the other deal:

-If you are one of those Texas, or Florida wackos with a 1400hp Car, for the Love-of-God, please put a Rollgace in that thing, you are going to Kill yourself!

It's kinda like a Welded diff, it's cool to say you have it, but it will make your life miserable.

Hope this helps!

Old 09-15-12, 02:03 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by spoolxexo
Ok I'm going to put the brakes on all the soft, VIPPu, stanced guys who want a rollcage.

A roll cage is a piece of ancillary equipment that is intended for one purpose, to save your praying for god, miserably inconvenient time for death, holding on for dear-god *** life at 150mph.

-You will get beat up. Yes Chromoly tube is harder then your head, so expect it to bleed. A lot.

-You will never realistically use your back seats other than throwing your Gym bag back there, cause it's gone. Forever.

-Oh yeah, "Fitment". Well, you are going to have to add, and take away structural metal. Sound good?

-If you are one of those Texas, or Florida wackos with a 1400hp Car, for the Love-of-God, please put a Rollgace in that thing, you are going to Kill yourself!

It's kinda like a Welded diff, it's cool to say you have it, but it will make your life miserable.

Hope this helps!

ROFLMAO Stop I'm crying !!!
Old 09-17-12, 07:13 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

My welded diff hasn't made my life miserable
Old 09-17-12, 10:08 AM
2jzinsider
Rookie

okay is ill think ill pass on it then since its my dd... maybe if i have extra mod founds latter ill buy it for oohhs and ahhhhs at car shows for now ill just focus on my aristo swap that i randomly came across this month. thanks everyone!
Old 09-17-12, 10:46 AM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spoolxexo

Hope this helps!

I shot morning coffee out of my nose when reading this....never really put 2 and 2 together....but ya wth is up with texas and florida producing these crazy bastards with monster 2jz! Its like there is something in the water in the gulf coast