SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

1siksc Flow Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-11, 09:36 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1siksc Flow Brackets

These are just rough copies, i am gonna get a bench grinding wheel so i can form them perfectly. I originally cut the bracts out of cardboard, the ones aluminum cut are laser cut. Also idk if others are interested in these i could possibly borrow someone with a stock sc and get them made for those with a/c.

NOTE: The upper bracket is sitting on my radiator fan bracket which is why it's sitting way to high. Lower bracket, thinking of expanding to be wider.

CARDBOARD Cut Out

What do you guys think? Also to NOTE, I will be painting these Brillian Black Crystal Pearl when i finish painting the car.
Old 11-11-11, 10:00 PM
lmfod
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think it will look much better after edges are cleaned up and it is all painted. would also lengthen lower and bring it to a corner over the headlights, seems like an abrupt stop the way it is. for the record your engine bay is plenty sexy without
Old 11-11-11, 10:09 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks! I really do want to use them though since i will be using them for function with some more plates to be installed behind intercooler and on the under body, I am trying to optimize cooling and air flow. I agree with you on extending to the first bolt on the lights, i think the reason why i didn't when i was doing the cardboard cut outs is cause of the dip in the headlight bracket.
Old 11-11-11, 10:24 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice fab. Yeah after they are cleaned up & perfect,they will look sweet. Man Ive been wanting to get one of my RSB, monstered out. Bar black & feet green just to see it looking cool. Would be a sweet addition to your ride.
Old 11-11-11, 11:03 PM
Wicked SC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work, however hard to tell by looking at it now. I would like to see the finished product.

Also, do you think that your one fan will be enough to keep your car running cool. There is so much area on your radiator that isn't being covered..
Old 11-12-11, 05:41 AM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by spdrcr771
Nice fab. Yeah after they are cleaned up & perfect,they will look sweet. Man Ive been wanting to get one of my RSB, monstered out. Bar black & feet green just to see it looking cool. Would be a sweet addition to your ride.
Thanks for the idea! If I do get these mass produced I think they would only be $100 for the set shipped or something around there. The other side of those have a plastic covering that gets peeled off so they will be brushed aluminum look, unless if someone wants them painted, then it might be like 40 dollars more, and they could be color matched to cars.

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Nice work, however hard to tell by looking at it now. I would like to see the finished product.

Also, do you think that your one fan will be enough to keep your car running cool. There is so much area on your radiator that isn't being covered..
Actually the bracket i made harness' 2 fans one on front on on back, both 16" fans one is reversed. Also, my Grex trans cooler has a 10" hugging it.