SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Varrstoen Rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-11, 09:52 PM
QwkSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm tired of the Reps vs authentic wheel debate. It is the same exact thing in 5 different threads. Can't we agree to disagree? Lol.
Old 03-26-11, 09:57 PM
Gimpster
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree at times its used a bit loosely, but for the sake of argument we're talking about more/less exact replicas of TE37's, VX-SS and the like.

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
ive enever had the real deal next to a rep or knock off but ive heard the same thing---the wieght is much heavier in the rep's.

My question is what is considered a rep?

Anytime i see someone with a set of rims that doesnt cost an arm and a leg or a set that isnt a top name brand people insinuate that it is a rep or a knock off.

I think the term is used a bit too loosely imo.
Old 03-26-11, 10:21 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

always thought varrstoen wheels were decent, but when outlaw0209 mounted his on, he really pulled them off, they really grew on me ever since and hearing all the positive things about them i'm keeping them in the back in my mind too
Old 03-27-11, 12:03 AM
outlaw0209
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Look at my sig
Old 03-27-11, 03:37 AM
RjBLayz
Lexus Test Driver

How old are u guys? Lol jk anyways those reps look good Especially if your ballin on a budget with a car that's 11 12 13 plus years old..IMO.
Old 03-27-11, 05:37 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Gimpster
I agree at times its used a bit loosely, but for the sake of argument we're talking about more/less exact replicas of TE37's, VX-SS and the like.
oh ok fair enough---i have no experiance with any of those rims

if there are companies that are directly ripping off another brands style and trying to copy them I am against that

on a side note are xxr's a rip off of any company?

because they get called rep's and knock offs all the time but I dont know what brand they are copying.
Old 03-27-11, 05:42 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by outlaw0209
Look at my sig
outlaw the rims look great on your car btw
Old 03-27-11, 07:13 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BlayzSC4
How old are u guys? Lol jk anyways those reps look good Especially if your ballin on a budget with a car that's 11 12 13 plus years old..IMO.
exactly
Old 03-27-11, 07:16 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Gimpster
I honestly could care less if someone buys a real or repo wheel. Trust me, I've owned my fair share of ASA's, Rota's and the like. Especially when I owned a Civic. Putting a $3000 set of wheels on a $900 car is just silly.

These days I typically buy used authentic wheels though.

I'm curious how many people have ever had a real-deal forged 3 piece and then a typical repo next to each other. Just the shear weight difference is quite astounding.
i agree with you...but why do i care if the wheels are 5lbs heavier each then the real deals? My car is a 18 year old car that isnt very fast maybe when i go na/t i'll start caring.
Old 03-27-11, 09:02 AM
outlaw0209
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

By the way, my experience with the wheels is that I can't complain. I track my car once a month and the wheels hold up fine. I've hit pot holes and bumps REALLY hard and the wheels hold up fine. Don't drive like an idiot and hit your wheels on a curb and the wheels will probably hold up a life time.

I just can't justify paying 3g's for one piece wheels. Only time I would cough up the cash is if it were 3 piece wheels with REALLY low offsets, like for a wide body. These wheels are fine for the average enthusiast.
Old 03-27-11, 10:04 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

^^^ good to know... thanks for the mini review. where did u buy youra btw?
Old 03-27-11, 10:22 AM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eliteskill
Sometimes I wonder why I even come into the SC300 forums anymore. I gave jadu a good choice and pictures to show him what the RIMS would look like, and what I have experienced with them. Not to start another useless internet debate.
Here here; it's usually the same people, too.

Originally Posted by QwkSC
I'm tired of the Reps vs authentic wheel debate. It is the same exact thing in 5 different threads. Can't we agree to disagree? Lol.
Seriously...

Originally Posted by BlayzSC4

Originally Posted by outlaw0209
By the way, my experience with the wheels is that I can't complain. I track my car once a month and the wheels hold up fine. I've hit pot holes and bumps REALLY hard and the wheels hold up fine. Don't drive like an idiot and hit your wheels on a curb and the wheels will probably hold up a life time.

I just can't justify paying 3g's for one piece wheels. Only time I would cough up the cash is if it were 3 piece wheels with REALLY low offsets, like for a wide body. These wheels are fine for the average enthusiast.
Very well put, and thanks for your feedback! It seems like Varrstoen is a pretty reputable company.
Your car looks great man, diggin the wheels!
Old 03-27-11, 10:33 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

<-- knock off hater... but I swear these are fantastic... how many "knock off's" can you get in 10.5 +0 offset.... for realz.
Old 03-27-11, 12:47 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MDSC
funny thing you say you dont want to come on the sc board as much, i feel the same but then you go and quote me when i didnt ask YOU if you speaking from experience. If you think that the real deal is so much better then maybe you should stop buying knock offs.
You didnt ask me? Reread your own post.. you quoted me first bro..
you even bolded out my REPS are REPS..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6255590-post18.html
Old 03-27-11, 12:55 PM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
<-- knock off hater... but I swear these are fantastic... how many "knock off's" can you get in 10.5 +0 offset.... for realz.
Yea those are nice Rota D2's you have man I love them! Hahaaa just kidding.

The Varrstoens look nice, but do they have weight figures for them anywhere?

Quick Reply: Varrstoen Rims