AEM v2 & GE auto tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-11, 01:58 PM
DRFT103
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM v2 & GE auto tranny?

Will it work?

Does anyone here have a definite answer? I called AEM directly today and spoke to one of the techs about the V2 EMS, at the end of our conversation I asked him "and this will work with an auto transmission right?" and he told me No.

He said that they haven't tested it on the GE Auto transmissions and that one person tried it and got it to drive a little but had too many problems and switched to manual. and he basically told me I need a manual to run it. He said that on the GTE it will work, but not the GE

everyone else told me that it will work. I just want a definite answer.. does anyone have first hand experiance or know someone who runs NA-T with AEM and an Auto tranny?

I called sound performance and they said that it should still work, that our trannys have the same shift schematics as the GTE so it shouldn't be a problem.. so I'm confused.... why would AEM tell me no?
Old 03-10-11, 02:48 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

First I do not have an auto nor have I ever tried to make it work, but I have done some research into this because of people asking about running a gte ecu on an automatic na-t.
one of the differences is the line pressure control thing is cable driven off the throttle body on a ge but electronicly controlled on a gte (the aem also controls it electronically).
it could be possible to run the ge trans if you retain the stock ge cable setup but I dont know if the aem will be confused or not, my instincts tell me the aem wont care at all if some of its outputs go unconnected.

The reason aem will tell you "no" for eveything you ask is because they only officially support the ecus for the cars they came out for in their stock form. there is too much liability involved in "supporting" the ge automatic cause it is weaker and has a higher chance of failure.

just like saying it cannot control vvti cause the 92-96 didnt come with it... did you know the aem v1 can control 2 banks of vvti if you connect a total of 4 wires, its a standalone, the people who cant get it to work are simply not doing it correctly.

read here
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...y-for-m-t.html
The following users liked this post:
CaliMike (07-08-21)