SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

92 sc400 electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-10, 01:58 PM
1uzfe4147
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 sc400 electrical problem

Now i know everyone is probly going to be like the electrical issues are widely known and almost impossible too fix without a complete revamp. Which i was going to ignore the couple issues i had but now my blinkers dont work. Anyway i noticed my electrical starting to screw up when i swaped out my water pump and timing belt. The gas tank, and trunk will only pop open when the key is turned over. The doors will auto lock and unlock randomly. The stero light and dash light will flicker. Any ideas? Thanks.

-Drew

Last edited by 1uzfe4147; 11-28-10 at 08:38 PM.
Old 11-28-10, 02:22 PM
BALConnell
Pole Position

Default Drew, What exactly did you remove

Drew, Please tell me what exactly did you remove when to changed the water pump, and timing belt. Did you happen to remove the A/C compressor from it's mounting location, if so you had to remove the battery ground, the main grond from the engine, to the chassis, than to the battery. You are having too many scattered problems for it to be a power problem, I would recheck the grounds from the engine to the car chassis, than from the car chassis to the battery.

Regards
Bart
Old 11-28-10, 08:35 PM
1uzfe4147
Driver

Battery, intake ( and all that goes along with ), Entire front engine braket, every pulley on the serp belt/timing belt, radiator.

Now i doubled/tripple checked everything that i unplugged. Though however i honestly am not to sure if i unplugged the grounds in any other place other then directly beneath the RH ignitioncoil. I didnt remove the a/c compressor from its mount, though i might have removed something connected? I will have to check on this. Why what is the significance of that? Is there a ground connected to the A/C compressor? Any during a normal timing belt/water pump replacement what grounds would you disconnect? Thanks

-Drew

Last edited by 1uzfe4147; 11-28-10 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-29-10, 05:31 PM
1uzfe4147
Driver

bump, i believ thisis probably why my cr is bogging @ 2.2k rpm's and gives me like nearly no power, and leads to stalling when i slo down to a stop. Though i am currently not drving it for the sake of screwing more up.
Old 12-01-10, 10:58 AM
BALConnell
Pole Position

Default Try This

If you have a set of good jumper cables, try taking one and clamp onto the neg. battery post, take the other end and try to mount/clamp it to the strut driver strut tower tower bolt. You may have a bad ground cable, or ground connection. Also you may have a coil, or cam postion sensor problem. All these problems may not be related directly to the timming belt replacement, but as you were working on the car this problem may have become more apparent.
Old 12-01-10, 01:14 PM
1uzfe4147
Driver

i dont understand "mount/clamp it to the strut driver strut tower tower bolt".And as of since this post was recently added i have had more electrical issues. I seem'do have fixed most of my cars issue until yesterday. Driving to get fuel ignition cleaner cycled to see if that woul help with the spudder hesitation, and i honestly seemed like it was helping. But as i was about 1 mile from my brothers, i went to accerate a little faster then normal and when i did th dash lit up bright like a brand new car, nothng elsewas nticable. Got to his house turned it off, 25-30 mins later when to turn it back on and the only noticeable power output anywhere was the open door icon on the dash, and the light on the headliner will turnon. Then beeping when you put the key in. Nothing lights up when you turn the key over, and the nothing happends when i turn the engine over. As of right now i am going to check the fuses, grounds. Though i honestly have no idea where the grounds are, except one. When i get the chance to be able to get over to my brothers i will update. If you have no idea please add, thank you.
Old 12-08-10, 12:32 PM
BALConnell
Pole Position

Default Do you have a volt meter?

Bro.,
Do you have a volt meter, or know how to use one?

Regards
Bart

QUOTE=1uzfe4147;5967941]i dont understand "mount/clamp it to the strut driver strut tower tower bolt".And as of since this post was recently added i have had more electrical issues. I seem'do have fixed most of my cars issue until yesterday. Driving to get fuel ignition cleaner cycled to see if that woul help with the spudder hesitation, and i honestly seemed like it was helping. But as i was about 1 mile from my brothers, i went to accerate a little faster then normal and when i did th dash lit up bright like a brand new car, nothng elsewas nticable. Got to his house turned it off, 25-30 mins later when to turn it back on and the only noticeable power output anywhere was the open door icon on the dash, and the light on the headliner will turnon. Then beeping when you put the key in. Nothing lights up when you turn the key over, and the nothing happends when i turn the engine over. As of right now i am going to check the fuses, grounds. Though i honestly have no idea where the grounds are, except one. When i get the chance to be able to get over to my brothers i will update. If you have no idea please add, thank you.[/QUOTE]