SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Central Door lock acting up

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-06, 10:37 AM
maikeru
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Door lock acting up

This morning I unlocked my car using the OEM keyless entry system, and then opened my trunk and placed somethings inside. Then I got in and started the car, and the door locks locked themselves (this does not normally happen like on some newer cars). So then I unlocked the car and got out to get something else, and when I closed the door the car locked itself. Good thing I was at home, so I got the spare key and unlocked the car. Then while driving to work I noticed that the door locks kept trying to lock the doors. Then I stopped at a gas station to check out the problem. So I turned off the car and got out. I tried to lock the car with the keyless remote, but wouldn't lock, so I used the central locking button. Waited until the alarm was activated then used the key to unlock the door. The door lock actuator stopped trying to lock the doors, but now the cental door lock only locks, it doesn't unlock and my keyless remote doesn't work!!! What is going on??? Can anyone please help? Thanks
Old 05-08-06, 01:30 PM
flybret
Driver School Candidate

I had something similar to me happen last night. I get out of my car, and try to push the button on the door to lock the doors, and nothing happened. Then I try to press the lock button on the FOB, and nothing happens. I dont know what I did to get it back workin, just kept messing with it. Anyone else come across this?
Old 06-20-06, 05:29 PM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flybret
I had something similar to me happen last night. I get out of my car, and try to push the button on the door to lock the doors, and nothing happened. Then I try to press the lock button on the FOB, and nothing happens. I dont know what I did to get it back workin, just kept messing with it. Anyone else come across this?
same crap is happenin to me... please help.. manually locking the doors is stupid!!...plus the my key wont unlock or lock the doors..my lock button on my door panel only unlocks..but when i hit it to lock it does absolutely nothing..very strange..HELP HELP
Old 06-21-06, 07:12 AM
flybret
Driver School Candidate

I started noticing that this only happens to me when I park in a certain area in this parking lot. There are 2 IS300's somewhat close by, and also a new Toyota Solara. I'm thinkin it has somethin to do with the other cars somehow, but that doesnt seem to make sense because of the whole tranciever (FOB) and receiver (car) thing. If the cars only receive, then how would another car affect it. So now I'm back to square one. haha I dont know what is causing this....I just know it is ONLY when i park in this certain area. Maybe this particular spot aligns the car up with certain stars of the galaxy causing some bizarre rays to be gleaming down on my car causing an indestructable force field that not even its own FOB can break. I dunno.

Last edited by flybret; 06-21-06 at 07:16 AM.
Old 06-21-06, 08:22 PM
maikeru
Driver School Candidate

i just kept resetting the battery until it fixed itself. I wish I could help more, but one day it was fixed.
Old 06-22-06, 05:50 PM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by maikeru
i just kept resetting the battery until it fixed itself. I wish I could help more, but one day it was fixed.
do you mean like over and over again or like once a day or what?
this sux..i bought a new alarm b4 this started happening but i want this to go back to normal before i install
Old 06-24-06, 12:23 PM
2JZ_SC
Lead Lap

You may have a Master Switch prolbem. On toyotas that I work on when there is a master switch prolbem nothing works, Lock/unlock from the switch or the transmitter. Look at the courtesy switch and see if there is a prolbem there. If not then it may be a keyless entry ECU prolbem.
Old 07-14-08, 04:48 AM
tritron
Lead Lap

Did anyone found solution to this problem
Old 09-30-08, 05:29 PM
scoarer400
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any luck with this fix? mine just started to do the same. it unlocks but does not lock from the master switch inside... annoying!