SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Toysport ECU Mod? Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-01, 03:40 AM
supercoupes
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I'm about to (hopefully) get a '92 SC4 with really low mileage. Will have a look at the car on monday.

Might be a bit early, but I'm already thinking about some performance mods. So, while surfing on the net, I find this page:

http://www.toysport.com/New%20Produc...0PET%20ECU.htm

Has ne1 ever heard of this ECU upgrade? Not even sure if it fits a '92 V8 SC4 ... they're saying it's for the 91 - 94 model range. 91

Also, I'm thinking about a torque converter from swift. From what I've seen in this forum, I have to expect some wheel spin on agressive launches? How bad is it? I mean, will I still be able to launch 'normally'?

Last mod I have in mind is a HFI. As far as I know, the only one available for a '92 SC4 is from RMM? Any experience with it? What about the sound of the engine? Does it get any louder? What about a combination of HFI / ECU from different manufacturers? I understand the IDEAL thing would be to have the HFI and ECU from the same manufacturer. Anything like this coming up in the near future?

Iknow, lots of questions. And I hope I get lots of answers
Old 07-14-01, 01:38 PM
SCV8
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might be interested in a modified chip for my car,but would want to be sure that the mixture wasn't leaned out to the point where the catalyst is fried,or even if the chip was intended to be run with cats at all.
When a car is capaple of running up to and over 300K mi (500K ki)stock,and still running pretty good,it's good to be careful when hacking away at mods I believe anyways.