RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

will 2013 rx 350 or F bumper fit 2010?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-14, 06:15 PM
dwlink
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Either way you're spending a considerable amount to imitate something you're not.
That's kind of a brash comment to make. The guy just wanted to improve the looks of his car - I don't think he was concerned about his car trying to pass itself off as an LCI RX.

I think that front bumper looks the best among the pre LCI, LCI, and Fsport. It certainly won't take away from resale value, but won't really add much either. Hold on to the car long enough and it won't even make a difference.
Old 09-08-14, 07:32 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Nice work. Looks fully integrated and if ever you change the rear lights, it will look exactly like a 2013 from the outside.
Old 09-08-14, 07:41 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dwlink
That's kind of a brash comment to make. The guy just wanted to improve the looks of his car - I don't think he was concerned about his car trying to pass itself off as an LCI RX.

I think that front bumper looks the best among the pre LCI, LCI, and Fsport. It certainly won't take away from resale value, but won't really add much either. Hold on to the car long enough and it won't even make a difference.
May be a little on the brash side but in general, I'm not a fan of cars imitating higher models. 328's becoming M3's, 350 becoming 450, 2010's becoming 2013's. Just my personal opinion. Especially when you consider the total price. And not sure how you think resale wont be affected. You've just narrowed down your entire resale market to someone looking for a 2010 that looks like a 2013 in the front.

Never said it doesn't look good, it does. and the one other positive is that is a Spindle series with a sunglass holder.
Old 09-08-14, 08:56 PM
dwlink
Driver

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
May be a little on the brash side but in general, I'm not a fan of cars imitating higher models. 328's becoming M3's, 350 becoming 450, 2010's becoming 2013's. Just my personal opinion. Especially when you consider the total price. And not sure how you think resale wont be affected. You've just narrowed down your entire resale market to someone looking for a 2010 that looks like a 2013 in the front.

Never said it doesn't look good, it does. and the one other positive is that is a Spindle series with a sunglass holder.
Not quite - you've only lost the market of those who want to buy a pre-LCI RX with the exact pre-LCI RX looks. Besides 90% of the market won't even notice a difference. Keep in mind that the majority of us Lexus snobs won't even be looking for a 3rd gen RX in several years once the next chassis comes out.

It's interesting that a similar thread is going on in the BMW forums I post in with regards to appearance - but more specifically badging. Just shows how superficial we are here in the US when it comes to vehicle trims. Toyota could have called the RX hybrid the 350h, but they instead chose 450h. Why? Because the majority of consumers in the US luxury vehicle segment feel entitled to a more "prestigious" badge when buying a higher engine or vehicle trim. If anything the 450h should be the F-Sport, it's technically faster 0-60. Point is - don't get all fussy about other people's badges. I still get a good laugh when I see something like a Toyota badged as an MB or a BMW though.

[Thread Hijacked - 80% sorry]
Old 09-09-14, 06:37 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dwlink
Not quite - you've only lost the market of those who want to buy a pre-LCI RX with the exact pre-LCI RX looks. Besides 90% of the market won't even notice a difference. Keep in mind that the majority of us Lexus snobs won't even be looking for a 3rd gen RX in several years once the next chassis comes out.

It's interesting that a similar thread is going on in the BMW forums I post in with regards to appearance - but more specifically badging. Just shows how superficial we are here in the US when it comes to vehicle trims. Toyota could have called the RX hybrid the 350h, but they instead chose 450h. Why? Because the majority of consumers in the US luxury vehicle segment feel entitled to a more "prestigious" badge when buying a higher engine or vehicle trim. If anything the 450h should be the F-Sport, it's technically faster 0-60. Point is - don't get all fussy about other people's badges. I still get a good laugh when I see something like a Toyota badged as an MB or a BMW though.

[Thread Hijacked - 80% sorry]
Understand your point. Still have my personal preferences; if you want a higher model, then buy a higher model. Especially if what you're spending could get you close to where you want to be anyway. If this was as simple as slapping a $600 bumper cover on the vehicle to change its look, then so be be it. But all in all, this is probably close to a $7k modification when all said and done. Definitely not worth the price on any level. And that doesn't factor in the additional $1.5k (I believe this was close to the number) to do the rear taillights just to make the exterior match body style wise.

Believe the 450 is badged appropriately. The F-Sport gimmick has sucked enough people into believing they have a vehicle that much different from the base model has proven the marketing dept to be correct in it's badging strategy.

The 450 is far different from the 350 in features and driving characteristics, it deserves the separation.

Far from getting fussy about it. I'm just in the 10% you mention above.
Old 09-15-14, 06:13 AM
mullen00
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vince22
Looks fantastic....I think its OK if you don't have plan to sell/trade it, but I would have put F-sport for that amount you have spend..just me.
I agree that the F-sport front looks better. I wasn't aware of the F-sport option at the time. Yes it cost a lot of money for the spindle grille and I wouldn't have done it if I knew what the final cost would be. However, after it was done, I thought it turned out great. I like having a different front end than the typical RX. Sure, I won't get my money back when I sell it but I'll be retiring in a few years and may have it for a long time. It only has 40,000 miles and still looks and drives like new. It may be this fall before I get around to an estimate from Lexus on hooking up the daytime running lights.

Last edited by mullen00; 09-16-14 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12-12-14, 03:47 PM
rmhipo
Rookie

Originally Posted by mullen00
I agree that the F-sport front looks better. I wasn't aware of the F-sport option at the time. Yes it cost a lot of money for the spindle grille and I wouldn't have done it if I knew what the final cost would be. However, after it was done, I thought it turned out great. I like having a different front end than the typical RX. Sure, I won't get my money back when I sell it but I'll be retiring in a few years and may have it for a long time. It only has 40,000 miles and still looks and drives like new. It may be this fall before I get around to an estimate from Lexus on hooking up the daytime running lights.
mullen00: Nice work! As everyone is entitled to their own opinion, the bottom line is that it came out looking great! Whether you spent $400, or $4,000, as long as you are happy with the result, that is all that really matters. Like you, I like making changes that you will not see on every other RX out there. That said, job well done here! Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-21-15, 07:14 PM
iJermz
Driver School Candidate

Default Total cost?

Originally Posted by mullen00
Hey i've been a long time "Watcher" on this site and ([{FINALLY}]) got myself used 2010 Lexus Rx350 since I'm on a low budge. I just signed up with this site so hope to get a lot of ideas. I just wanted to say that i love your new updated look on your lexus. Hate to bring up a old post but i was wondering did you ever get your DRL working? How much total you had to invest in all of that? Thanks for any help/advise in advance.
Old 04-29-15, 08:30 AM
mullen00
Driver School Candidate

No, I have not had time to hook up the LED DRL. I started remodeling our master bathroom in March and that's where all my extra time is going.
Old 07-09-15, 01:41 PM
ThChinaman
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Shoutout to the black 2010/2011 RXh in the Sunset District with F Sport facelift! Looks really good.

Sorry to bring up an old post. Had to post because I got really excited...
Old 07-11-15, 08:23 AM
plusONEran
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ThChinaman
Shoutout to the black 2010/2011 RXh in the Sunset District with F Sport facelift! Looks really good.

Sorry to bring up an old post. Had to post because I got really excited...
thats mine haha
Old 01-26-17, 11:10 AM
Fullmetal
Driver School Candidate

can you use the 2010 oem headlights and fogs?
Old 01-26-17, 07:36 PM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Fullmetal
can you use the 2010 oem headlights and fogs?
Fogs yes. Headlights no.
Old 06-15-17, 06:05 PM
c540
Driver School Candidate

I have rx350 2010 silver car and i upgraded to 2015 and i fix the sockets
Old 12-23-17, 10:23 PM
Anrslavik1
Driver School Candidate

Default 2010 RX350 Front bumper end headlights update to 2013 Fsport

Originally Posted by c540
I have rx350 2010 silver car and i upgraded to 2015 and i fix the sockets
Halo I am planing to upgrade my 2011 Rx350 to 2013F sport front end. Can you please give me some direction how to fix the headlights sockets so it will fit the new model lights ?Thanks