Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Front end rattle on 2011 Lexus RX 350

Old 03-13-14, 02:53 AM   #16
JerryDC
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

I have recenlt bought a 2010 RX 350 - 70K miles. All good except an annoying rattle from the steering column, really only when you drive over bumps like 'cats eyes - road reflectors'. I have done some checking and my local Lexus Dealer tells me that this is a common problem and they have replaced the steering column on many vehicles. Cost is around $1800 for the part!! If anyone have any other suggestions, I would be very grateful to hear them please.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
JerryDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-14, 12:59 PM   #17
1NEAT_SC
Pole Position

Reviewed all the above annoying noises and happy Lexus is on top of most of the squeaks and rattles. No one mentioned anything about a bird chirping in the upper part of the dash. Mine is certainly difficult to find as it seems to come and go. Warmer weather seems to quite it down mostly. I can't describe it any better than it sounds like a bird chirping. (Already checked for bird droppings so no bird) lol Mine is a 2010 RX450h and wondered if anyone else has encountered anything of the sort.
For what its worth, the sound seems to be leather on leather. I have pushed and pulled on everything to no avail.

Cheers,

Lar

2010 Matador Red MICA W/Parchment RX450h
1NEAT_SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-14, 04:47 PM   #18
RX330inFL
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NEAT_SC View Post
Reviewed all the above annoying noises and happy Lexus is on top of most of the squeaks and rattles. No one mentioned anything about a bird chirping in the upper part of the dash. Mine is certainly difficult to find as it seems to come and go. Warmer weather seems to quite it down mostly. I can't describe it any better than it sounds like a bird chirping. (Already checked for bird droppings so no bird) lol Mine is a 2010 RX450h and wondered if anyone else has encountered anything of the sort.
For what its worth, the sound seems to be leather on leather. I have pushed and pulled on everything to no avail.

Cheers,

Lar

Perhaps this might help:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-t...-chirping.html
RX330inFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 08:38 AM   #19
1NEAT_SC
Pole Position

Thanks RX330, but not a constant chirp. I should have mentioned it chirps if I run over rough road or a bump. When sitting still or on a smooth pavement...no chirp. Definitely a chirp or squeak while driving. On warmer days it seems to go away. (No, can't move to warmer climate) (-:

Thanks for the info though.

Lar

2010 Matador Red MICA W/Parchment RX450h
1NEAT_SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 08:38 AM