RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Nebula Grey with Parchment leather....Help needed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-11, 05:18 PM
FirstRX350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nebula Grey with Parchment leather....Help needed?

Hi,

1. I am getting my new 2012 AWD RX 350 and the dealer told me that, Nebula Grey with Parchment leather interior will be special order? and will take 4 months to receive? Is it true???

2. for $ 695 they have offered me the Paint protection films called "Road Block", is it worth getting from them or can I get it outside also? Are there any other better paint protection sheets available outside and the cost?

3. Resist All: 595$ What is it and it is worth?

4. 1795$ : Lexus Luxury Care: Any idea and is it worth it too?

5. $ 2275: Comprehensive Mechanical breakdown: Is it worth it too?

I may drive less than 10000 miles/ yr.

I really need your help and expert recommendations and want to have a good experience with my first Lexus.

Thank you and any early reply will be deeply appreciated.
Old 12-17-11, 07:10 PM
LexuSLP
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With Resistall you're not paying for actual protection, 2 weeks after my car was sealed with Resistall, a bird bomb still managed to etch my paint. What you're paying for is more of a warranty to have paint imperfections buffed out if anything stains your paint. Interior is included as well, but you'd have to file a case before they take any action on the car. Hope that helps!
Old 12-17-11, 10:44 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is my take:
1. Congrats.
2. If you are worried about paint chips and road rash, get it. Price seems OK, if they cover bumper, front of hood, mirrors and front of fenders. I'm not familiar with material, you will have to research (there are many threads on this forum).
3. I don't think I would get this, but I keep three coats of Meguiar's NXT on my car.
4. We can't evaluate this maintenance package because we don't know how many services are covered. Remember you get the 5k and 10k service for free. Most of the services are pretty small. You can ask what is covered and how much each of those individual maintenance service trips would be. You are probably prepaying at top dollar for your maintenance. Then you are locked into the dealership. I would not prepay for maintenance unless it was discounted by 50%. Since you are a lower mileage driver, you will probably lose out on this deal.
5. The plans can be purchased anytime before your four year warranty is over and they are discounted. Plus you just list a number, but the actual plans are for years and miles. The plans are described on the Lexus web site. Go there and familiarize yourself with what is offered. There are threads with prices ... which may be lower. Here is a link (for 4 above and 5):

http://www.lexusfinancial.com/consum...pg_VSAOverview

Plans & Prices: http://www.lexusfinancial.com/consum...risonChartPage

Routine Maintenance (4 above): http://www.lexusfinancial.com/consum..._LLCHowItWorks

The benefit of getting these now is you may be able to include them in your loan. I didn't buy any of them when I purchased. But, have not ruled out getting an extended maintenance plan for the right price at some point in the future. Basically, it does not sound like you have the detailed knowledge required to make informed decisions and understand what you are buying.

Last edited by UCSB; 12-17-11 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-18-11, 01:46 AM
MX5NES350
Lead Lap

Received 100 Likes on 53 Posts

Hi and welcome

1. Could be a special order. I've only seen in person Nebula w/ either light gray or charcoal (black). Could also be they want to sell you what they have in stock

2. I would steer away from Road Block. Reason I say is I got it put on my wife's 2011 Volvo C70 in July. It was thick, looked not so good, was not able to be buffed for scratches, and I found out had a reputation for yellowing after a year. When I got my new RX I opted for this route:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...rd-update.html

I was and have been happy enough to have the installer rip off the Road Block on my wife's car and replace it with the 3M product. There are better options out there which may set you back a few hundred more but they are worth it in the long run

3. Do not bother and use the saved money towards #2 and a nice night on the town with the new car

4 & 5. Covered nicely above

Last edited by MX5NES350; 12-18-11 at 07:42 AM. Reason: fixed link
Old 12-18-11, 05:59 AM
BertL
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a Nebula Grey with Parchment RX450h AWD on order myself. You may know that Nebula Grey is new to the 2012 MY. The dealers I visited had not yet seen this color combination themselves when I ordered in early November, and there was nothing close to this color combo and options I wanted in the national searches they performed on existing and inbound inventory. Nebula Grey RX350 on the lots last month were either grey or charcoal leather interior -- no Parchment here in the San Diego area. As a side note, my dealer back in November could not yet order Nebula Grey side trim, nor Sewell to this day, has Nebula Grey touch-up paint or side trim available so it would appear the color is still making it's way through the parts pipeline.

As far as order delivery time. I was told approximately 3 months when I placed my order on November 9. That was for an RX450h though coming from Japan, vs a RX350 which I believe are mostly built in Canada for the US market. My perception from lead time examples in the forums is 3-5 months is normal, but there are many variables, so the 4 month projection is probably not that far out of line.

Good luck with your decision and hopefully new RX350!