RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2010 Lexus RX350 project car (check it out)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-11, 02:49 PM
JDMoptionK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Lexus RX350 project car (check it out)

Hey everyone,

I am new to the forum. I have a 2010 RX350 Touring package.
I got some LED panels for my interior because I want better lighting, more attention at night and overall better functionality without being ricey. Haha =)

I went ahead to place the order with autopage268 (Ebay seller). He has quick communication, took real good care of me and help me put together this LED conversion package. I bought some cheap LEDs from a few China ebay sellers but the quality was lacking. From my experience, the cheap ones had burnt out LEDs after a month. Geezzzz

I got these ones here and they are much better:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JAPAN...item415dcb66bc

Installation was pretty easy, had all the adapters, would recommend having a small flat head screwdriver to help pry open those fragile covers Lexus makes. I was lucky enough to read over a few threads about LED install interior DIYs and it was super helpful. Glad I joined this forum. I am always so nervous to break things on my car, so I was super careful and patience with the install. And yes, these are very bright at night, very satisfied!

Guys, please don't flame me for the big pictures. I forget to resize them, but I hope you guys will like them. Trying to make my RX350 more unique, with a touch of VIP styling, =)

Side door courtesy lights:

Trunk (forget to take the one on the rear door, but you guys get the idea =))

Rear dome light: (this was a pain to get the cover off)

Finally, front map lights (total of 30 LEDs here, I love it, 6500k, EPIC!!!)
I think it's my point and shoot camera, the front LEDs have the same colour as the rear dome light.

I need to reorder more from autopage268 for my visor lights (sunscreen visor) and also the front floor courtesy lights. I also ordered D4S 6000K HID bulbs from them too, can't wait to get them. I can't stand the OEM 4300k, haha, they are a joke!

Will keep everyone posted! Stay tuned!
Old 09-28-11, 03:59 PM
BAUSauto
Former Sponsor

That looks very nice!!! We also sell the 12-SMD LED panels for $20 a pair shipped!!! Let me know if you need and LED or HID in the future!!!
Old 09-28-11, 04:51 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Welcome to CL, JDMoptionK.

Nice job. I know I was more than happy to lose the yellow. I'd suggest changing out the puddle lamps and reverse lights too. Then maybe the blinkers and fog lights. It's all easy to do and makes a world of difference. And with all the mods here, we're not responsible for the lightness of your wallet, pun intended
Old 09-28-11, 06:49 PM
JDMoptionK
Driver School Candidate

Hi kitlz,

Thanks for the warm welcome =)
This forum is very useful and full of information that helps me make up my mind.

For the blinkers, I was told that I need to add resisters to prevent hyper flash, yet I am reluctant to modify the wiring. LED signals would be nice though, I can imagine those making the car more luxurious.

As for the exterior mirror puddle lamps, is there a DIY or something that will guide me along?
I know some 2nd gen IS did their by removing 1 or 2 screws when tilting the mirror to one corner.
Is it the same for the RX?
Old 09-28-11, 07:19 PM
djkidkris
Driver

JDMoptionK,

Hey! Welcome to CL! I'm sorry that you caught the mod bug...for all of us who have it its a sickness that our wallet have to suffer through

The puddle lamp DIY is here. Its pretty easy. Easier than the rear dome lights. For the blinkers I went with chrome amber bulbs. They clear out the corners well with out having to go to LED. You can check out my post here. Keep us updated with new mods!
Old 09-28-11, 07:21 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Here is the link for the puddle lamps:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...dle-lamps.html

You don't need resistors for the blinkers if you go with the Philips SilverVisions, WY21W. I have them in the back and Stealth in the front. The reason for two different brands is because the bulb size is not the same, contrary to what the owners manual says. It's probably because of my LED headlights. You should be fine with the SilverVisions.

Oh, and I forgot the parking and fog lights. You might want to change them out if you're going with different headlights. I put LED bulbs in the parking lights and went with HID fogs. But I'm having power problems with the HIDs. Hooking up a harness is not easy since the battery is in the cargo area. So I have a set of Philips halogen bulbs on order from Japan. They should be here next week.
Old 09-28-11, 09:41 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice sunglasses holder.
Looks like you didn't tape down the front map LED, excessive vibration can break them.
Old 09-29-11, 03:43 PM
rowfei
Driver School Candidate

Very nice. Can you provide the link for each LED since the trunk's bulbs have the different size with the front? Thanks.
Old 09-30-11, 12:45 PM
JDMoptionK
Driver School Candidate

djkidkris/kitlz: I'm definitely going to look into the chrome bulbs and Philips turn signals. Thanks guys =)

wyau01: I didn't tape down the front map LED panel because I want it to be easier to remove if I have to in the future. Right now, they are just sitting on the front map lense cover, which is very sturdy and projects the LED lights real nice all the time. Thanks for the heads up =)

rowfei: Ya, sure man!

For rear trunk lights (3 of them), I bought these ones and they fit perfect with the adapters provided.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JAPAN...item415dcb6f19

Courtesy lights on the bottom of each door:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JAPAN...item415dcb66bc

PM if you need more info as to which panel you should get for other interior lights. Cheers!

Last edited by JDMoptionK; 09-30-11 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-30-11, 12:52 PM
JDMoptionK
Driver School Candidate

New Mods installed:
T1R Magnetic Oil Drain Bolt Info:

The T1R magnetic drain bolts help remove metal shavings and debris from the engine oil. By preventing such debris from circulating in the oil amongst the engine's internals, friction between moving parts is reduced and the oil's lubricating effect is maximized. This helps maintain the consistency of the engine's power output and reduces wear and tear, improving engine life.

HID D4S 6000k
HID H11 Foglights 6000k

1.5w High Power White LED with built-in projector (looks amazingly bright at night)

Work Schwert SC2M black polish
22x9.0 low offset, 265/35/22 Dunlop Sport Maxx TT Max Summer Performance Tires
Piaa Super Protech Locking lug nuts

I'll try to get some pictures of the HIDs and LEDs at night. =)

Currently do more research for bodykit options from Japan! XD
Old 09-30-11, 01:10 PM
djkidkris
Driver

Nice! I would love to see the Work Wheels...You plan on installing any lowering springs?
Old 10-08-11, 09:06 AM
usmcxm35
Driver School Candidate

Default Had the same idea of the wheels.

hey JDMoptionK,
I had the same idea of the SC2M when I first picked up my RX in Feb 2010.
I've been following the blog of this guy in Japan, he's got some nice mods.
http://translate.google.com/translat...0/profile.aspx
hopefully, it will give you some ideas to go off of.
as for now I will live vicariously through you guys, keep CL posted!
Old 10-08-11, 11:29 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMoptionK
New Mods installed:
T1R Magnetic Oil Drain Bolt Info:

The T1R magnetic drain bolts help remove metal shavings and debris from the engine oil. By preventing such debris from circulating in the oil amongst the engine's internals, friction between moving parts is reduced and the oil's lubricating effect is maximized. This helps maintain the consistency of the engine's power output and reduces wear and tear, improving engine life.

HID D4S 6000k
HID H11 Foglights 6000k

1.5w High Power White LED with built-in projector (looks amazingly bright at night)

Work Schwert SC2M black polish
22x9.0 low offset, 265/35/22 Dunlop Sport Maxx TT Max Summer Performance Tires
Piaa Super Protech Locking lug nuts

I'll try to get some pictures of the HIDs and LEDs at night. =)

Currently do more research for bodykit options from Japan! XD
welcome to CL! looking forward to seeing your SC2M wheels. Work - the name says it all. there is a bodykit thread posted here. do a search and update that thread if you find anything new.