RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Anyone try Lloyd car mats?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-11, 06:23 PM
GRPFAN
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed weather Tech digital fit all weather mats front and back a couple weeks ago.

They fit great and time will tell on how they will hold up........
Old 12-28-11, 07:32 AM
Viognier
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a Weathertech All Weather Mats guy....laser designed to fit the RX350 like a factory mat and lip to hold in any slop until I can drain it. One piece second row mat and fantastic cargo liner complete the set. Hit them with a spray at the wash and they are back to looking new.
Old 05-11-13, 08:26 PM
BCRCornet
Driver

Default Weathertech and "Factory" Cargo Liners

Originally Posted by Viognier
I'm a Weathertech All Weather Mats guy....laser designed to fit the RX350 like a factory mat ...
I just bought from the M-B dealer the "Mercedes Benz" logo'd Cargo Liner for my wife's new Mercedes B 250. Stamped on the back is "MacNeil Automotive Products Limited" (which is Weathertech) and "Part Number 40586" (which is the same part number as Weathertech's Cargo Liner for the B 250. I.e., Weathertech designs and makes the "factory mat" for the Canadian-market B 250!
Old 05-12-13, 08:39 AM
GRPFAN
Pole Position

As a side note:
You owners that have separate weather mats like Weather Tech, do you ever change off and use the Lexus original carpet mats just for the summer dry season?
Old 05-12-13, 11:22 AM
gklatv
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GRPFAN
As a side note:
You owners that have separate weather mats like Weather Tech, do you ever change off and use the Lexus original carpet mats just for the summer dry season?
No, I don't. Once the liners installed they always stay in. I only remove them for cleaning.
Old 05-12-13, 01:24 PM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I also don't swap my original carpet mats back in until the day of trade-in or resale, depending upon what the new owners wants.
Old 05-13-13, 11:42 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Everyone over at the camaro forum love their Lloyds mats.
Old 05-14-13, 09:42 AM
jimmymagic
Driver

A few weeks ago, I removed the Lexus clips designed to hold the mats in place.

Makes it much easier to remove the mats for cleaning and with the heft of the Weathertech liners, there's little chance the driver's side mat will creep up under the gas or brake pedal.
Old 05-14-13, 12:36 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by gklatv
No, I don't. Once the liners installed they always stay in. I only remove them for cleaning.
same here, thats how it is for all my vehicles.
Old 05-14-13, 07:03 PM
m1964
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmymagic

Makes it much easier to remove the mats for cleaning and with the heft of the Weathertech liners, there's little chance the driver's side mat will creep up under the gas or brake pedal.
I wouldn't do that-it is not that difficult to remove WT mats anyway, but they are relatively light, and the driver's side may get under the pedals.
I recently had an A4 loaner from Audi dealer- pushed gas pedal w/ abnormal resistance and found something under the pedal-someone at the dealer placed all-weather Audi OEM mats on top of carpet oem mats (the loaner was almost new, had like 700 miles on ODO), and because the rubber mat was not attached to floor it did get under the pedals. Souns crazy after that accident w/ lexus in CA (I think) that some one at the dealer would do something like that to "protect" the loaner...
Old 05-15-13, 05:34 PM
GRPFAN
Pole Position

A lawyer would have a hay-day with this in case of a accident................
Old 05-16-13, 07:59 AM
jimmymagic
Driver

I appreciate the thoughts but c'mon gang!

I drove my Highlander for 10 years with Weathertech liners and no clips and lived to tell the tale. These liners simply don't move around.

Now if I was driving my RX with the carpeted floor mats and no clips, I could see the problem.
Old 05-16-13, 08:23 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Jim, forgive me but trying hard I just can't make sense out of your comments RE: removing the clips because you drove your Highlander 10 years and lived through it. And not trying to argue a point with you, just logic. Does that mean something like if you drove cars 10 years prior to seat belts being standard and you're still living then seat belts aren't necessary? Even weather tech say's in their install instructions to 'not' do that. http://www.weathertech.com/assets/1/...MINS1_0212.pdf And they're designed to go over the hooks so no 'sensible' reason to remove them. Hmm, I think they're required now to be there by law too.

And they also say to not install over your previous floor mats.

I appreciate the thoughts but c'mon gang!

I drove my Highlander for 10 years with Weathertech liners and no clips and lived to tell the tale. These liners simply don't move around.

Now if I was driving my RX with the carpeted floor mats and no clips, I could see the problem.
Old 05-16-13, 09:24 AM
jimmymagic
Driver

The hooks were introduced to keep the carpeted floor mats from working their way up and interfering with the gas and brake pedals. We know from that horrifying Toyota crash that this is a real possibility.

What I'm suggesting is that this situation is highly unlikely with the Weathertech liners--and I point to my 10-year experience with my previous car as proof.

As for the Weathertech pdf, we all know what happens lawyers review instructions. Just look at any stepladder.

Needless to say, I still have the hooks at hand and if it looks like the mats are moving around, I will reinstall them
Old 05-17-13, 08:39 AM
tovu228
Driver School Candidate

what about weather tech mats?

Quick Reply: Anyone try Lloyd car mats?