RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Spy Shots: 2010 Lexus RX SUV

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-08, 05:26 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

The one in the 2nd RX video looks better.
Old 07-04-08, 02:43 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it's prototype, but it looks like dual exhausts won't make it, again!

I'm sure the overall design will turn out pretty sweet. I see lots of 1st gen. RX design cues (the mirrors, the extra "window" located forward of the front door windows, and the shape of the taillights).
Old 07-06-08, 09:59 PM
LophatRX
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hmm so what if?

So what if this is the next RX, I enjoyed the way it handled in the video. I always thought my 02 out handled my 04. The 04 feels softer, but it also has the air suspension so sometimes it feels like it handles as well as the old 02. Seeing in the video that the test mule looks bigger than the X3 that pulls up behind it, was promising. I have been looking over the RX and comparing it with many of the up and comers to the crossover market and the RX just seems too small in overall dimensions compared to the new ones that are out. I would like the new one if the dimensions come close to what the Venza offers. Seeing how that my current 04 doesn't have navigation, bluetooth, and a good mp3/Ipod connection , I would hope that the new one follows Toyota's other vehicle add-ons that have all those features more standard. The one thing I will have to be sad about, is having to put a new body kit on since I put one on my 04 and it stands out all the time.
Old 07-11-08, 07:50 AM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ya lexus didnt do major changes (like having a new generation)..they stick with what they currently have and have made a few subtle changes..From the looks of it like the front and rear headlights are more sharper so is the overall body..n i guess more concentrate on the electrical and mechanical n adding cool gadgets..i guess we will have to wait for 2 yrs when the comes out..
U know we should make guesses on the upcoming model and c if the our predictions turns out to be true or false when the car finally comes out..lol
Old 07-12-08, 11:13 AM
LophatRX
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default These shots show some very similar characteristics.

Looking at these two side views, you can see the window lines, the rear bumper line and the side mirrors are similar, but the head lights, tail lights, rear spoiler and lower edge of the front bumper near the front wheel looks different. We can only speculate that they used test bodies from both vehicles to make a mock up/drivable version we are seeing here.
Attached Thumbnails Spy Shots: 2010 Lexus RX SUV-lexus-rx-spied-3.jpg  
Old 07-12-08, 11:46 AM
tfischer

Received 192 Likes on 145 Posts

So, no free roof rack any more?
Old 07-12-08, 12:42 PM
turbosw20
Pole Position

Hmmm don't know looks ok not what i was expecting but i guess will have to wait to see the real version!
Old 07-12-08, 02:46 PM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

maybe the gadetry will make up for it
Old 07-13-08, 12:29 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tfischer
So, no free roof rack any more?
Probably not!
Old 07-13-08, 04:42 PM
Who_Me
Rookie

Default Duct Tape

Who wants a $50 thousand dollar car that is held together with duct tape?
Old 07-13-08, 08:59 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

So, no roof rack any more I hope so what good are they
Old 07-13-08, 10:52 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by billy44bo
So, no roof rack any more I hope so what good are they
I took mine off my RX, then put them back on when I sold it. If that pic above is close to what the final version will look like that is not bad at all.
Old 07-14-08, 12:22 PM
Orzel
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmm, that looks suspiciously like the new Toyota Venza to me, especially when you note the clipped nose, and the Toyota "propeller" insignia on the wheels. I still maintain that the duct tape and foam test model is exactly the same vehicle. I would expect the new and improved RX would be a bit more impressive, or Lexus is going to loose a whole lot of buyers to the cheaper Venza model. Me thinks that Lexus may be playing with all of us a bit, and keeping the true body and features a deep dark secret. I think that was what was once called disinformation.
Old 07-14-08, 12:47 PM
tfischer

Received 192 Likes on 145 Posts

I agree with Orzel. Those "spy" photos are usually put out by the manufacturers, and sometimes they are intentionally misleading, sometimes accurate. I understand that the new RX is to be shown for the first time at the Paris auto show, which I believe is in Sept. or early Oct., and, as they say in France, sans le tape de duct.
Old 07-19-08, 01:48 PM
TED_FR
Driver

Originally Posted by tfischer
I agree with Orzel. Those "spy" photos are usually put out by the manufacturers, and sometimes they are intentionally misleading, sometimes accurate. I understand that the new RX is to be shown for the first time at the Paris auto show, which I believe is in Sept. or early Oct., and, as they say in France, sans le tape de duct.
Yes we are expecting the new RX to be introduced in Paris at the "Mondial de l'Automobile " car show on October 4,

http://www.mondial-automobile.com/

Quick Reply: Spy Shots: 2010 Lexus RX SUV