RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

How much longer is the wait for your RX330? Venting allowed here.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-03, 06:00 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much longer is the wait for your RX330? Venting allowed here.

With typical 90-120 day waits for special order RX330s, how are you coping with this wait and how much longer will the wait be? No one has patience these days!

Do you think about your new car everyday? Dream about it? I think I do.

1 more week for me if all goes smoothly (Knock on Wood).

I guess rewards will come to those that have patience.

Congrats again on your new RX330 purchase.
Old 08-07-03, 12:18 AM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

JUST my topic... Today is my 60th day waiting. I think about my silver bullet every, every, every day and every, every, every night. The first website I go to is clublexus.com so I can find a topic like this one and feel better knowing that I'm not the only one feeling blue I go to my dealership EVERY Friday and do a once-around the entire lot to check if my baby came in and to make sure that if it's there, a SOLD sign better be on the dash! I have a brochure in the bathroom and that's the ONLY reading material in there

I'm a very impatient person when it comes to things like this, but I must say that I'm proud of myself for waiting this long!?! Never have I had to wait for a vehicle. My IS that I sold was exactly the color & trim I wanted, which came on the dealership's first shipment (MSM/Black leather, moon, 17" graphites) back in July 2000. I could easily breakdown and settle for the Savannah/Beige, or the Breakwater/Black or Flint/Gray, but NOPE. I've waited this long and I'll wait some more to get my Millennium/Black, which seems to be very rare in Hawaii.

Good luck to all "patient enthusiasts"!
Old 08-07-03, 03:56 PM
LexFather

I ain't gonna lie, this baby has REALLY grown on me. I think it is awesome (at first, I was like I dunno) and I think it STLL the benchmark.

Don't hold your breath.
Old 08-16-03, 12:25 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Talking

Went to my dealership yesterday, thought my 330 came in cause there was a MSM parked out front and I could see the walnut on the steering wheel thru the back windows, got up close and the seats were light gray and the model wasn't even the Prem + . Did a once-around the lot; nothing. Walked in and asked my salesman "Arrival month didn't change to October did it?" He says "No! We have a stock # for your 330, so that means it left Japan & is on its way!" My face looked like this -> 2-more-weeks! 2-more-weeks!
Old 08-17-03, 09:12 PM
Rock
Driver School Candidate

I ordered a silver/black w/ NAV in the mid July and it came into the dealer in the begining of Aug. I waited for two weeks only probably I was just lucky enough. My dealer told me they were able to locate this vehicle on their computer, and it showed the vehicle was on the cargo ship from Japan.

I am driving this vehicle now and I enjoy it so much....
Old 08-17-03, 09:35 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Our Black Onyx RX330 came in last Wednesday and I took delivery on Thursday (again I have to mention, I am very lucky, since I had a special order vehicle that I was thinking wouldn't be here until November 2003(90-120 day wait time), however someone bailed out on their existing order with the same configuration as mine and I was just there to fill in the spot - so the wait time was actually only 3 weeks for me!)

Just seeing the RX330 waiting for me in the delivery area of the dealership made me smile from ear to ear.

I've been driving it ever since and it's an incredble vehicle (all that I expected and more). The combination of luxury, sportiness and even practicality is incredible. Especially how luxurious it is and feels.

It's my wife's primary vehicle and she loves it already. I'm however going to have to find more excuses to drive it too!

Again I have to say, what a truly amazing vehicle! At this time, I wouldn't consider anything else in this vehicle class.
Old 08-17-03, 11:01 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Rock, that's a beautiful pic! When I look at the driver long enough, he somehow morphs into me!?! Hee-hee!
Old 08-20-03, 05:18 AM
garysayuri
9th Gear

Talking picking ours up on friday

finally after nearly 3 months of waiting, we will finally be getting our savannah rx 330 awd with the mark levinson stereo. we will pick it up on friday. my wife is much more excited than i am about it, but i am excited too. last week we picked up my new toy, a nissan 350z roadster. so the rx will basically be hers.

gary
Old 08-20-03, 06:57 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: picking ours up on friday

Originally posted by garysayuri
finally after nearly 3 months of waiting, we will finally be getting our savannah rx 330 awd with the mark levinson stereo. we will pick it up on friday. my wife is much more excited than i am about it, but i am excited too. last week we picked up my new toy, a nissan 350z roadster. so the rx will basically be hers.

gary
Congrats again - especially on the 350Z roadster. I have very fond memories of Hawaii, doing the touristy stuff in our rental car convertible. Sure the rental car wasn't as nice as a 350z, but the combination of the top open and Hawaii, made it such a fun experience!

It seems it would be mandatory for every household in Hawaii to have a convertible!
Old 08-20-03, 10:57 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Wanna know something weird? Just last night I had a dream I took ownership of a Supra CONVERTIBLE, and I was just getting ready to take it out for a drive, and I woke up

Hey Gary, are you on Oahu or Maui?

I think my 330 came in on the same shipment as yours, but it has to go thru Oahu first. Congrats![I][B]
Old 08-20-03, 11:52 PM
garysayuri
9th Gear

Default msilverIS

i am on oahu. the lexus dealership is a 7 minute walk from where we live. the car came in on friday i believe. we went to see it on sunday... they had to still put the gold lettering kit on it so we told them we would be in on friday to pick it up. i hope the savannah and gold lettering looks good together. never seen a goldish car with gold emblems before. hope we dont regret it.

besides, we couldnt have picked it up on sudany anyways. we are presently leasing a mercedes ml 320 and we only have two stalls at our condo. we are returning it tomorrow afternoon and purchasing the lexus on friday... it seemed to make sense to lease before, but we will never do it again.
Old 08-21-03, 12:06 AM
garysayuri
9th Gear

Default by the way

thanks you folks for the the congratulations and congrats to all you people too. the wait is almost over for all of us!
Old 08-21-03, 05:33 PM
stormace
Driver School Candidate

msilverIS,

In hawaii there is a shortage of silver/black? In CA there is a overabundant supply of these and no BREAKWATER Blue with BLACK! the one I want! Anyone of you got to talk deals ($$$ off MSRP) on these special orders? I was told special orders can be had but with no discounts. Is that true?
Old 08-22-03, 03:05 AM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

stormace: I haven't seen any MSM/blacks come thru the dealership here on Maui, only MSM/gray. I've seen every color on the pallette; just this past week I've seen Neptune Blue & Black Forest Pearl for the first time.

In June I went to CA for a birthday party, and went to Lexus of Westminster and saw the beautiful graphite 18's I want, but there wasn't any MSM/black.

Right now I have only $500 under MSRP, but my salesman told me that it might be more once it comes in ??? I'll let you know what happens... tomorrow IS Friday, so I will religiously go down to the dealership!
Old 08-22-03, 08:37 PM
Rock
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by stormace
msilverIS,

In hawaii there is a shortage of silver/black? In CA there is a overabundant supply of these and no BREAKWATER Blue with BLACK! the one I want! Anyone of you got to talk deals ($$$ off MSRP) on these special orders? I was told special orders can be had but with no discounts. Is that true?

I searched over 5 nearest Lexus dealers before I found my favor color combinations... Sliver/Black. Many dealers told me that this is a very high demanded color and told me it's almost impossible to get it unless I submit a special orders.

I didn't give it up and I was doing some homeworks and called other Lexus dealers within my state. Finally I was so lucky to find the color I wanted (w/ NAV)... I waited two weeks before I drove my new RX330 into my garage, and I paid MSRP minus $1000 plus they offered me very good deal for my trade-in vehicle. I was pretty happy about it.

Quick Reply: How much longer is the wait for your RX330? Venting allowed here.