RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

RX330 - Power Lock Programming Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-03, 06:16 AM
cmstahl
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question RX330 - Power Lock Programming Question

I have a question concerning the programming of the power lock system in the RX330. I've reviewed the post in the FAQs about the C-BEST system, but couldn't find my specific question. I'm aware that several features of the power locks can be changed by the dealer, and at my first service one of the things I plan to ask them to do is to change the unlock button on the key to unlock all doors on a single perss, rather than having to press it twice.

My specific question pertains to the behavior of the door locks when shifting into and out of Park. Does anyone know if it is possible to program the car to unlock all doors when shifting back into Park, or when the driver's door opens? I know that the feature to lock all doors when shifting out of Park can be disabled, but I don't mind having all the doors lock when I shift out of Park. But with the current settings, when I exit the car and try to open the left rear door (where I put most of my packages), it remains locked and I then have to press the unlock button to access the back seat area. (Yes, yes, I know...what a horrible cross to bear that is, woe is me and all that).

Ideally, I'd just like to have the reverse of the default happen. Shift out of Park, all the doors lock; shift into Park, all doors unlock. Anyway, does anyone know if the power locks can be programmed in this way? Unless I missed it, I haven't seen it in the Owner's Manual.

Thanks for any assistance.

--Claire
Old 06-10-03, 06:29 AM
laceltris
Driver School Candidate

This thread includes the instructions on how to enable the auto-unlock function and describes all of the options you can program:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=unlock
Old 06-10-03, 08:15 AM
jeffknet
Pole Position

I recently had my svc dept change my RX 330 lock setting so all doors lock when I put car in gear, and all doors unlock when I put car in park - also had the rear hatch beeps lowered to minimum setting.
Old 06-10-03, 09:14 AM
cmstahl
Rookie

Thanks all -

I referred to the link posted by laceltris, and it appears option B is what I'm looking for.

Tried it and worked like a champ.

Does anyone have the proper sequence to program the key to open all doors on a single press of the unlock button (rather than having the first press unlock the driver's door, then pressing again to unlock the remaining doors)? I've done searches on this forum to see if it was posted, but only found posts referring to the fact that it is possible to program it that way, not the actual sequence.

Also, quick question unrelated to locks. I noticed only today that if I remove the key from the ignition, then open the driver's door, I hear a single chime. I also hear it when I first open the driver's door from the outside. It seems to chime in unison with the "door open" indicator coming on on the dashboard. I don't really have a problem with this if this is the way it's supposed to work, but I don't recall hearing it before today. I'm a bit gun-shy on this particular issue as my old car (not a Lexus) had a problem with the "key-in-the-ignition" warning chime not going off after the key was removed, and you'd have to re-insert the key and restart the car to get it to stop. Just wondering if it's something I should point out to the dealer on my first service.

Thanks again!

--CS

Last edited by cmstahl; 06-10-03 at 12:42 PM.