RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

ML 11 speaker system

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-03, 10:35 AM
RXRon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ML 11 speaker system

First time on this forum... Be nice. Will be going in for my first RX330 checkup this week.

From the onset I have queried about the ML 11 speaker system. I can only locate 9. My dealer says there are two speakers in one of the slots. I don't call this two speakers they are coaxial. I would like to get a really pro answer to this question.

I to get the feeling that the shifting from stop gets rough when you must hesitate a little. It shifts to the next gear to fast and then when you excelerate again it down shifts. Gets jerky at times like it can't decide which gear to choose.

I have a rattle in my console that I can not pin down. Wife says it's on the drivers side but to me it sounds like it's on the passenger side glove box area. Yesterday on a particularly rough road it sounded like it was located behind the ML console.

I would hope that Lexus considers the passenger and develops a seat height adjustment system as well. The seats in the 1997 ES300 are perfect. Why did they have to invent a new system for the RX330?

I purchased the crystal white w/all the good stuff. I didn't need the Rear entertainment system but to get one right away I had to take what was being offered. I wanted one made in Japan. Not that the Canadian production will be bad. But, for self satisfaction.

I also don't get the mirrors down in reverse nor does my rain sensing wipers work. Guess my baby is going to be in the hospital for awhile.

I have a 1997 ES300 and was very disappointed in the Lexus tradein policy. The ES is like a new car all around and only has 58K miles. My dealer offered me $10K (KBB fair market value) tradein for the RX330. I declined of course. Can get that at CarMax anytime of the week. In Texas I was assured that upon tradein the Lexus family would be considered. I guess the Lexus loyalty program went out with 9/11 also... Blame it on Osama of course.

Thanks to all on this forum for some very good straight forward information. Your dedication to providing a very informative forum is well received.

Now to decide what pin stripping to add. So far with the ivory interior I plan on getting a two line with the upper line dark and the lower line light as the interior door panels portray. Then I'll go crazy from there...

Ron
Old 05-04-03, 12:05 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the passenger seat adjustment is the same as the first generation RX, they didn't invent anything new for the RX330. so i suppose your ES300 was more advanced in the seat adjustment dept.

the mirrors will tilt in reverse when your mirror adjust button is set in the Left or Right position. putting it in center disables the tilt (for those who do not like to use it)

make sure your wipers are set to "Auto" on the lever. that's one notch down from the upper most position (normally where "intermittent" function is)

the lexus loyalty program is still in effect, but Lexus only offers it as a promotion on select models. right now i think it is available on the GS and LX. they do not offer this discount on new models or recently revamped models.
Old 05-04-03, 02:36 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by lexuslover

the lexus loyalty program is still in effect, but Lexus only offers it as a promotion on select models. right now i think it is available on the GS and LX. they do not offer this discount on new models or recently revamped models.
Yea, tell me about it. Our sales man is a friend of ours and he couldn't offer any deal on the new RX330s. Any other car and we could have had a great deal. He gave another friend an excellent deal on a used GS400. The only thing he could do was butter up the used car sales manager which in turn they gave us a pretty good deal on our 95 BMW 325i which I couldn't wait to get rid off.

RXRon, congratualtions on the car. This is my first SUV/truck or similar type car and I mainly bought it for the wife and our up coming new born, but I enjoy it and don't regret it one bit.

Also, I am not fimiliar with the layout of the ML system as I skipped that option (I'm more of an aftermarket guy), however, it is not uncommon for OEM to classify a coax as two speakers. Are you sure it is a coax? In my Legend there actually was a separate tweeter mounted directly in front of the mid driver which truely was independent from each other. In this case it was your traditional component type speaker but positioned as a coax.

Last edited by CK6Speed; 05-04-03 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-04-03, 07:54 PM
RXRon
Driver School Candidate

Smile ML 11 speaker system

I should have read the book. Sorry. Thanks LexusLover and CK6Speed for you replies and help.

The mirrors worked great and I'll work on the other stuff later.

Love the RXTruck. It replaced my 98 Pathfinder [2 wheel drive] which was useless in Tahoe. Have yet to get the Rx in the snow. Sorry, didn't want to get the first dent before the 1k checkup. It works great on the freeways. Very stable and smooth performance. I was really getting into the X5 4.4i for the power. But, opted for the RX since it went to the 5 speed auto and a little more horsepower. The gas mileage will help a bunch on the cross country trips must make this summer.

Thanks again for your help guys.

Ron
Old 05-05-03, 12:23 PM
gsenthil
Pole Position

Default 11speakers

http://www.marklevinsonlexus.com/rx330specs.html
Old 05-05-03, 02:30 PM
RXRon
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up ML 11 speaker system

Thanks gsenthil. That just about answered all my questions about the ML system.

The two .75” titanium tweeters located in the rear doors must be the missing speakers.

Now I can go

RxRon