RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Updates for the next RX

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-03, 12:15 PM
j4ydubs
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by light
Which makes the toal now upto 24. Anybody want to add anything else to the list?
How about Voice Recognition for the electronics (radio, cd, DVD, nav, climate, etc).
Cruise Control and Climate Control on the steering wheel.
Night Vision system.
Might as well add cooling to the rear seats as well.

Man, I wonder what a fully loaded "future RX" would cost?

John
Old 04-22-03, 01:37 PM
light
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by j4ydubs
How about Voice Recognition for the electronics (radio, cd, DVD, nav, climate, etc).Cruise Control and Climate Control on the steering wheel.
Night Vision system.
Pretty sure that is reserved for the top of the line LS and LX and options perhaps for the GX and GS so doubt those 2 are onboard. The cruise control on the right lever is a lexus tradition now, which I doubt they are willing to give up.

Might as well add cooling to the rear seats as well.
That might just surface up if the technology comes about. never heard of a rear seat cooler though to my knowledge.
Old 04-22-03, 02:07 PM
j4ydubs
Driver

Originally posted by light
Pretty sure that is reserved for the top of the line LS and LX and options perhaps for the GX and GS so doubt those 2 are onboard.
Several of the items on your list are reserved for the top of the line models. I guess I miss understand your list. Are we shooting for the stars or keeping it semi reasonable? Just remember, most features filter down from the top.

The cruise control on the right lever is a lexus tradition now, which I doubt they are willing to give up.
The right lever is used in serveral different brands (my 96 Dodge Avenger has the same lever on the right side). Lexus shouldn't be to attached to it. There are better methods...

Also, # 7 and 10 seem to be the same as #15.

John
Old 04-22-03, 07:11 PM
JRB
Pole Position

Several of the items on your list are reserved for the top of the line models. I guess I miss understand your list. Are we shooting for the stars or keeping it semi reasonable? Just remember, most features filter down from the top.
Looking at the list, I'd say shooting for the stars. And why not - at least two options with this model, namely the rear view camera function in the Nav and the adaptive headlights, are filtering up from the bottom!
Old 04-22-03, 07:18 PM
light
Driver School Candidate

[BI guess I miss understand your list. Are we shooting for the stars or keeping it semi reasonable? Just remember, most features filter down from the top.John [/B]
Oh no, nothing like that. Just my two cents of what of the odds of us seeing on the next updated RX night vision and voice regonition. Perhaps voice maybe added now that the MDX has it, pretty sure Lexus has got it in the works too to keep up with the Jones.

I just happened to mention that cause my feelings were that, why should somebody plunk out $70k for an LX when they get almost all the same features minus the offorad prowess for 20k cheaper?. Its perhaps how lexus keeps all their models in line with varying amounts of technolgy in them. But please feel free to add anything, no matter how remote or brillant it may sound for the next RX to have.

I say some things on this list have higher chances as the Japanese version already has some of the features and is a matter of either transporting the technology or when they are creating the production schedule, they just have to carefully add it in. With NY's cellphone ban, and maybe some other states are thinking about it, quite sure some RX users are going to write to Mr Okane (he's chief engineer of the RX) asking if it would be possible for a handsfree to be installed shortly.

Dunno what long time lexus owners have to say about the lever. I believe that Mercedes also has levers and is quite delighful to use from a review I read of the CL500.
Old 04-22-03, 07:26 PM
light
Driver School Candidate

1) A proper coin box
2) Map lights for all four seating positions
3) A cooler in the glovebox
4) A phone handsfree phone option.
5) Engine bloock heater a
6) Cool seats.
7) Footwell lighting for rear seat passengers (might already have it)
7) Satellite radio as an option.
9) Put the wood trim back on the dash.
10) Voice Recognition for the console
11) LED's for all lighting
12) Front AUX Input into stereo for a MP3 player like the iPod,make CD player able to read CD-RWs, make the CD player able to play MP3 CDs and Make Rear Entertainment System able to read DVD-R DVD-RW CD-R and CD-RW
13) Massage Seats
14) Real aluminum trim on the dash.
15) Heated rear seats and steering wheel option
16) Map lights for all four seating positions
17) Fully adjustible power controls (especially height) for passenger seat
18) Adjustible ride control (normal + sport)
19) Selectible shift program (normal + sport)
20) Add NAV and LEV as separate options (so you can select either one in combination with the Performance Package).
21) Infiniti type "smart" key
22) Wood trim on the rear AC ducts
23) digital compass
24) Night Vision
25) Ad some of the Japanese options to the U.S option list like turn signals on the mirrors and the utility pack for the rear seats among others.
26) Controls for the rear camera like the Japanese edition and the ability to lower the passenger side (see thread
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=80673 )

Pretty sure we got the ingrediants to a new bestseller if we add this to the current one!. Add more if you like!
Old 04-24-03, 11:02 AM
light
Driver School Candidate

It would be sweet if they could add a compas like this!

Old 04-28-03, 10:06 AM
j4ydubs
Driver

How about adding lumbar, radio presets, and climate to the memory system. It'd be nice if I could have different settings for each driver.

John
Old 04-28-03, 05:54 PM
light
Driver School Candidate

sounds pretty sweet to me. I just found out that lexus used to have their own dinner set in the trunk of early LS models before they started giving away coach editions. It would be nice if they re-started that tradition. Coach bags are nice and all,but to me, a Silver China with the Lexus logo do look really cool!.
Old 05-13-03, 09:32 PM
light
Driver School Candidate

Since this topic was winding down, thought I might sum it all up-Lexus, these are the items that will make the RX the greatest ever!. Alongside, I have sometimes given models that have the options and fit in great.

1) A proper coin box (Japanese options list)
2) Map lights for all four seating positions
3) A cooler in the glovebox (mini)
4) A phone handsfree phone option.
5) Engine bloock heater
6) Cool seats. (Merc SL500)
7) Footwell lighting for the front/rear seat passengers (might already have it) (A4)
8) Satellite radio as an option and intergrate it gracefully into the console.(The option of XFM or Sirius like the pathfinder)
9) Put the wood trim back on the dash.
10) Voice Recognition for the console (MDX)
11) LED's for all lighting
12) Front AUX Input into stereo for a MP3 player like the iPod or at least cubbys for them,make CD player able to read CD-RWs, make the CD player able to play MP3 CDs and Make Rear Entertainment System able to read DVD-R DVD-RW CD-R and CD-RW. A DVD audio and SACD option would be great too. Also having the dvd capcity shot upto a double sided 9.4 Gig capacity with most of the U.S and Canada on it.
13) Massage Seats
14) Real aluminum trim on the dash.
15) Heated rear seats and steering wheel option
16) Map lights for all four seating positions
17) Fully adjustible power controls (especially height) for passenger seat
18) Adjustible ride control (normal + sport), Selectible shift program (normal + sport)
19) Reintroduce the Fine China set, perhaps in a limited edition model like the earlier LS models.
20) Add NAV and LEV as separate options (so you can select either one in combination with the Performance Package).
21) Infiniti type "smart" key
22) Wood trim on the rear AC ducts
23)Have the option of either the current instrument panel layout or the one seen in the GX and 330ci with the titanium look on the edge. http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/L...es/Cluster.jpg
24) Night Vision
25) Ad some of the Japanese options to the U.S option list like turn signals on the mirrors and the utility pack for the rear seats among others. http://www.toyota.co.jp/dop-harrier/
27)Perhaps a lexus Bullguard package for the rear and front headlamps.
26) Adding lumbar, radio presets, and climate to the memory system (Pacifica)
28)Controls for the rear camera like the Japanese edition and the ability to lower the passenger side (see thread [/URL] ) an finally (for now!)
29) a ML subwoofer https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=83232[

I dunno if they have a tire pressure monitor and a digi compass so left those two out.Also the ability to retract the rear glass window of the hatch (Previous 4Runner).
Sure more recomendations and comments will flow in once folks start getting their 330's. Well lexus, if you can shove all that into an RX for under 65k, it would be awesome! :d

If you have any more just type away......
Old 05-13-03, 09:45 PM
JRB
Pole Position

Default Please add...

400 HP V8 and 30 miles per gallon.

(perhaps not as farfetched as some of the others).
Old 05-14-03, 02:50 AM
lb535
Driver School Candidate

Also,

- Full set of gauges, including oil pressure and voltmeter
- More color choices, inside and out. Like those already offered on the RX330 in other countries.
- Height, tilt, and lumbar adjustments for the front passenger seat
- A better cargo area cover arrangement, perhaps using a fixed cover
- Pushbutton keyless entry as on Ford/Lincoln products. I like knowing I'll never be locked out.
Old 07-07-03, 02:15 PM
light
Driver School Candidate

This is one sweet add on if they do away with the casette deck which i hope they don't!:

Neuros

Seems it transmits the data instead of thru a cassette deck thru an fm transmitter. Neat.
Old 07-07-03, 04:17 PM
eyebike
Driver

It would also be nice to have an integrated or multipurpose sunroof switch. My last 2 cars had it. Same switch either tilted it up, opened it or closed it. If it was tilted up and you wanted it open, pushing the switch once would close it and then open it up fully. Whether it was tilted up or open, one push forward closed it. I find the 2 switch setup a pain.
Old 07-08-03, 05:35 AM
cmstahl
Rookie

I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but I haven't seen anyone mention an option for a switch to automatically retract the sideview mirrors.

Also, it would be kind of cool if there were a way to stop the rear power door from opening all the way. Perhaps a second press of a button on the key could stop the hatch at any point. This in case you're in a garage that has a low ceiling, or just don't need the door to be at its full-open position.

Also, the large vents in the center of the dash should have a thumbwheel or some other way of closing them off. The vents closest to the doors do, but the center ones do not, and the most you can do is point them away from you. The temperature control is dual but the fan speed is the same for both passenger and driver, so if one person wants the A/C or heat on a high fan speed, there's no way to completely shut off the other side.

I also agree about better seat controls for the passenger, at the very least lumbar control, as well as the digital compass would be a "nice to have" in place of the Nav (although I suspect that if it were offered, many would think twice about spending the $ for the NAV option - this way it's the NAV or nothing.)