Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Letter from Lexus headlight condensation....

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-30-14, 04:32 PM   #76
aussiedigg
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
aussiedigg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Queensland Australia
Posts: 11
ozziedigger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim618 View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know if this recall applies in Canada as well?

Jim
Halifax NS
Same goes for a 2008 Lexus 400H in Australia Please


aussie
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
aussiedigg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-14, 10:30 PM   #77
satz
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: act
Posts: 137
Default

Aussiedig....sadly I believe it doesn't apply in Australia...well not in the same way.

My dealer told me that it's done on a case-by-case basis and the dealer has to take photos of the actual leak and send that to Toyota Australia who then decide.

And that's during warranty period!

On mine it was leaking, ironically after being washed at the dealer, so they took a photo at the dealer and told me they'd contact me when the repalcement was in.

2 Months down the track I phoned them and they said Toyota rejected the photo for not being 'clear' so I'd have to bring it around next time it leaked.

It hasn't since then...and warranty finishes this month
satz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-14, 12:00 AM   #78
aussiedigg
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
aussiedigg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Queensland Australia
Posts: 11
ozziedigger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz View Post
Aussiedig....sadly I believe it doesn't apply in Australia...well not in the same way.

My dealer told me that it's done on a case-by-case basis and the dealer has to take photos of the actual leak and send that to Toyota Australia who then decide.

And that's during warranty period!

On mine it was leaking, ironically after being washed at the dealer, so they took a photo at the dealer and told me they'd contact me when the repalcement was in.

2 Months down the track I phoned them and they said Toyota rejected the photo for not being 'clear' so I'd have to bring it around next time it leaked.

It hasn't since then...and warranty finishes this month
Thanks for that I ended up sealing the top joint on our previous Lexus 2006 Rx Sports Head lights wont be to hard to use the same preventative measure on our newly acquired 2008 400 h.

As sealing is what our business does and there is no sign so far that any leak has occurred.

www.suresealshowers.com.au



aussie
aussiedigg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 11:28 PM   #79
satz
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: act
Posts: 137
Default

You mean it took 78 posts on this thread just to have a free plug for your company!!!

Seriously though, was it difficult to seal the top joint on the headlight? I might do it to mine as a preventative measure..

cheers
satz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-14, 11:52 AM   #80
aussiedigg
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
aussiedigg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Queensland Australia
Posts: 11
ozziedigger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz View Post
You mean it took 78 posts on this thread just to have a free plug for your company!!!

Seriously though, was it difficult to seal the top joint on the headlight? I might do it to mine as a preventative measure..

cheers

satz

What the?

Mate I would rather a company like Lexus stand behind their product personally and not need to seal anything.

But if my as your put it *Plug* bothers you I have a solution for you.....*Don't read It*!



ad....
aussiedigg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-14, 04:44 PM   #81
satz
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: act
Posts: 137
Default

geez...that was a joke. Hence the smiley face!!!

No offence intended at all.
satz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-14, 08:35 PM   #82
aussiedigg
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
aussiedigg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Queensland Australia
Posts: 11
ozziedigger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz View Post
geez...that was a joke. Hence the smiley face!!!

No offence intended at all.


All good been one of those weeks



ad...
aussiedigg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-14, 08:40 AM   #83
dandg
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 150
Default

I am pretty sure I got the letter but can't find it right now,I am seeing some moisture and they are fooged a good bit.
I called Lexus,apparently -according to the person I spoke with (which can be hit or miss with correct info) ,no second letter is going out,and unless you have puddles of water pooling in the bottom of the headlamp and the dealer agrees after seeing it your SOL.
dandg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-14, 08:40 AM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2004, 330, com, condensation, headlight, headlights, letter, lexus, lexusreimbursement, lexusreimbursementcom, moisture, recall, reimbursement, rx, rx330, warranty, wwwlexusreimbursement, wwwlexusreimbursementcom

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:06 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2