RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

2004 Lexus RX 330 pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-03, 01:16 AM
xsfo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well what sort of height do you have in your garage (I'm assuming garage, you're not going to drive this into your porch or front door are you?)? Ok if you don't know that, how tall are you and how much room above you do you have above you when walking into the garage?

The RX 330 is 66.7" (that's 5 feet 6.7") according to the preliminary specs. I don't think that includes the roof rails if you're going to get those. The antenna looks like it does not retract, although it might pivot so that it can lie closer to the roof or stick up in the air. Judging by the photos, I'd guess that the antenna sticks up about 8" worst case. So total of 74.7" (that's 6 feet 2.7") with the antenna sticking up.
Old 01-07-03, 01:09 PM
Lexus of Manhattan
Lexus Dealership

And here's some information out of a small "teaser" brochure that we got on the next RX:
In the richly appointed RX, the travel experience elevates to an entirely new level. Particularly with state-of-the-art features like an available Dynamic Laser Cruise Control system, a Four Wheel Air Suspension, which raises or lowers the vehicle for enhanced performance, and an adaptive Front Lighting System that actually angles your headlamps as you turn to help improve visibility. Clearly, you’re in for an extraordinary road trip.

New Features: Five Speed Automatic Transmission with Gated Shifter – 3.3 Liter V6 Engine – Sliding Center Console – Driver’s knee Airbag – Front and rear Side Curtain Airbags – Automatic Dual Zone Climate Control

Options: Power Rear Door – Lexus DVD Rear Seat Entertainment System – Four-Wheel Air Suspension – Mark Levinson Premium Sound System with 11 Speakers – Dynamic Laser Cruise Control – Adaptive Front Lighting System with High Intensity Headlamps – Lexus DVD Navigation System with Backup Camera

An unplanned journey is a pleasure, particularly when Lexus has already thought of everything. You’ll enjoy a stunning new look for the exterior of the vehicle as well as a comfortably spacious cabin. Lexus has also added a seemingly endless slate of extravagant amenities. This list includes a Mark Levinson Premium Sound System with no fewer than 11 speakers strategically place throughout the cabin, a moon roof, a DVD rear seat entertainment system, and even a power rear door that opens and closes at the touch of a button. In other words, enough luxury to complement even the most scenic of drives.

Ed
Old 01-07-03, 02:47 PM
white01
Driver

XSFO ya done good! Very thorough, Lex of Manhattan thanks as well. I will tell you this year there are a lot of offerings on the table from various makes. I think Lexus stepped up to the plate with the Rx. I'm just wondering why they didn't free up a little more horsepower. I know that 3.3 liter has to be good for more than 230. You think it's just to keep from showing up big brother GX? Although, we all know that the 3.3 liter V6 can never compete with the torque from the 4.7 V8. I think they could have sent the car to market with at least 240-245hp with out making excuses.
Old 01-07-03, 03:10 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

i'm just speechless... this car is beautiful... all i can say is sweet!

it looks too good now... almost making my current rx3 obsolete...

mark levinson... adaptive headlamp... 5 speed... man... i want one!!!

look at that BAM!!! it really is BAM!!! lol i want one!!!
Old 01-09-03, 10:41 PM
xsfo
Pole Position

Bump.

And some more RX 330 shots

Old 01-10-03, 03:36 PM
jeffg
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by y888
Looking at the new RX330 photos, I was wondering at a tall antenna on the roof. Is it a retractable or fixed one? Does anybody know? Since I am living in the older house, the height of RX330 is my major concern.

It looks pretty similar to the antenna on the current model Harriers. Prehaps a tad longer.
The Harrier antenna is fixed and does not pivot, but is quite flexible - like the old 'rubber ducky' antennas. I wouldn't be worried if it brushed the underside of the garage door as you drove in.

On the Harrier the antenna does unscrew and I take mine off if I'm going through a roller brush type car wash.

jeff
98Harrier S
Old 01-10-03, 04:32 PM
xsfo
Pole Position

Originally posted by jeffg
It looks pretty similar to the antenna on the current model Harriers. Prehaps a tad longer.
The Harrier antenna is fixed and does not pivot, but is quite flexible - like the old 'rubber ducky' antennas.
From the photos released so far, the RX 330 antenna does pivot somewhat. It probably is flexible too.

As in most RX photos the antenna is angled towards to rear of the vehicle. In no way is it vertical.

In these two photos the antenna is more vertical. And from different viewing angles so it isn't an illusion.

Old 01-10-03, 05:04 PM
Francis
Pole Position

Nice looking truck inside and out. I want those 18" wheels on my RX. It is strange that there is no rear bumper protector on.
Old 01-15-03, 12:22 AM
xsfo
Pole Position

Bump. Plus drawings from www.lexus.ca