Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Security Light Blinks Constantly

Old 09-05-11, 08:43 AM   #1
mhh
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Security Light Blinks Constantly

Ever since I needed a jump start, the security light flashes whenever the car is not running, whether it is locked or unlocked. I thought the security light only flashed after the car alarm has been armed. What is wrong?

Does locking the car with the key (not the fob button) arm the alarm? I can't test this since my light blinks whenever the car is not running.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
mhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-11, 10:26 AM   #2
Sandhopper
Rookie

Mine starts blinking as soon as the key is removed... Does not seem to matter if the car is locked.
Sandhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-11, 04:29 PM   #3
mhh
Driver School Candidate

Found out from service dep't at dealership that the car alarm is armed no matter what method you use to lock the car, i.e. fob button or key in lock.

Regarding the flashing security light, the pitifully inadequate RX 350 owner's manual says "the indicator light changes from being on to flashing when the alarm is set." I got the impression from this that the light is not supposed to flash unless the alarm is armed.
mhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-11, 10:23 AM   #4
kickin8
2IS/2RX
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhopper View Post
Mine starts blinking as soon as the key is removed... Does not seem to matter if the car is locked.
same here....so is my IS....

HIS: 07' IS250 6MT Tungsten Pearl/Black
F-Sport Intake / F-Sport Quick Shifter / Aluminum Pedals / ARC Shift****
Linea Corsa Dyna / White Illuminated Door Sills / Canadian IS All Weather Floor Mats

HERS: 07' RX350 AWD Millennium Silver / Gray
Canadian RX All Weather Floor Mats (gone)
WeatherTech FloorLiner
kickin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-11, 11:03 AM   #5
Carver
Lexus Champion

That happened on my RX300 after a battery change. I took it to the dealer and they reset it but never explained the procedure, never happened again.
Carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-11, 11:56 AM   #6
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhh View Post
Found out from service dep't at dealership that the car alarm is armed no matter what method you use to lock the car, i.e. fob button or key in lock.

Regarding the flashing security light, the pitifully inadequate RX 350 owner's manual says "the indicator light changes from being on to flashing when the alarm is set." I got the impression from this that the light is not supposed to flash unless the alarm is armed.

Its not that the alarm is set (that you need to do via the key or door switch) but the disabling device is set after your key is removed form the ignition.

2012 Mercedes-Benz C300 4 Matic Sport Sedan (wife`s car)
lexus114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-11, 05:07 PM   #7
hypervish
Lexus Champion

lexusvishal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carver View Post
That happened on my RX300 after a battery change. I took it to the dealer and they reset it but never explained the procedure, never happened again.
The procedure on the RX300, is to insert all the key fobs you have into the ignition cylinder one by one for about 5 secs each, then exit the vehicle and lock it with the key (not using the keyless entry).

^I have to that procedure every time I disconnect my battery, or else the alarm will go off at random times. Like if I lock the door from the inside and shut the door.
Old 09-13-11, 05:40 PM   #8
Carver
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypervish View Post
The procedure on the RX300, is to insert all the key fobs you have into the ignition cylinder one by one for about 5 secs each, then exit the vehicle and lock it with the key (not using the keyless entry).

^I have to that procedure every time I disconnect my battery, or else the alarm will go off at random times. Like if I lock the door from the inside and shut the door.
Can you imagine the deranged engineer who sat around and figured out all these stupid sequences? ...left foot on the ground...turn key twice...right foot on the windshield...turn key once...slap the passenger...remove key...run around the car three times...reinsert key...move seat back and forth five times...turn key.

Congratulations! Now you have programmed the glove box light!
Carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-11, 05:40 PM