RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

after market stereo in '05 Lexus 330 w/nav?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-06, 08:08 AM
aangulo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default after market stereo in '05 Lexus 330 w/nav?

Has anybody done this? My installer attempted it but, had to put everything back b/c of the nav/climate controls sharing the power. Also, is there a way to get all the speakers to work with the new stereo?
Old 08-30-06, 10:06 AM
justcruzin

Cool Audio System Upgrade:

Peep this upgrade... I have a 2004 RX330 and I've replaced the factory headunit with a Pioneer AVIC-Z1 DVD Navigation System. I puchased the unit off the Internet (to save a little money) and had it installed at Circuit City. The install looks almost as it was done from the factory. Some of the features o fthe AVIC-Z1 are: bluetooth, traffic information, 30GIG hard drive, music library, DVD playback, iPod capable, learning capability and many other features not offered in previous units. I haven't done anything with the speakers as of yet. I'm comtemplating adding a subwoofer in the near-term. If you need pictures, I can post them for your viewing pleasure. I hope this helps.

Regards

Justcruzin...
Attached Thumbnails after market stereo in '05 Lexus 330 w/nav?-rx330_navigation.jpg  
Old 08-30-06, 10:27 AM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that does look clean, I was just searching here myself to see how this unit looks on the 2nd gen GS with a perfect color match double din kit.. I like Z1 over Eclipse unit, because Eclipse has those silver plates on top and buttom and makes them look not as stock, still great, but I think this is the best look so far I saw.. congrats
Old 09-23-06, 11:14 AM
aangulo
Driver School Candidate

FYI, I have been to three different installers and all of them said installing an after market stereo is not possible. Sucks!
Old 09-23-06, 12:50 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I too have a full blown aftermarket system in my 04 RX330 using the JDm double DIN replacement. However, both mine and the owners above are NON NAVI so the stereo shared nothing with the climate controls as others have pointed out. I still believe it is possible, but you NAVI folks just have to figure out a work around with the shared power components.
Old 09-27-06, 07:25 AM
rj4510
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Where or from whom can the double DIN kit be obtained?
Old 09-27-06, 06:54 PM
sharpener
Driver

can get it off ebay
Old 10-05-06, 05:54 PM
whatzzap
Driver School Candidate

i got mine from www.myautofashion.com , here is a link to my complete lexus system : http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ead.php?t=5216

earlier during the installation, my installer having a problem with the conversion from navi to the aftermarket HU, but he made it work, don know what he did, i can ask,
Old 10-05-06, 07:19 PM
limdoug
Driver School Candidate

yes...please ask how he got the navi to work with your aftermarket unit. so when you are listening to your stereo, does the navi voice interrupt and prompt directions?
Old 10-05-06, 07:45 PM
whatzzap
Driver School Candidate

the navi sound will be on front speaker near the windshield, so it does not interupting the sound at all, and even if have my system up all the way up i still can hear past of my navi sound
Old 10-13-06, 06:35 AM
aangulo
Driver School Candidate

whatzzup, Please ask your installer. I have been trying to get a stereo installed for a couple of months and I am to the point where I might have to ebay all my stuff and take a big hit. Let me know, thanks.
Old 10-23-06, 06:09 PM
Nehptis
Driver School Candidate

Hi All, New Member.

I have a 2004 RX330 No Nav and No Levinson. I am looking for a Dealer to install a 2-Din Nav System. However, the installer told me that a kit for the 2004 RX330 does not exist and they would need to custom build one. Please let me know where I can order a Kit for my installer to use. The links above did not return any usable results.

BTW, I'm looking to buy the Alpine IVA-W200:
http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/product...model=IVA-W200
Old 10-23-06, 10:00 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Nehptis
Hi All, New Member.

I have a 2004 RX330 No Nav and No Levinson. I am looking for a Dealer to install a 2-Din Nav System. However, the installer told me that a kit for the 2004 RX330 does not exist and they would need to custom build one. Please let me know where I can order a Kit for my installer to use. The links above did not return any usable results.

BTW, I'm looking to buy the Alpine IVA-W200:
http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/product...model=IVA-W200
I'm not sure who exactly sells them, but it is an OEM part for the Toyota Harrier in Japan, so basically that means any Toyota dealer in Japan will have it. As I mentioned above, I see them on ebay every once in a while. I personally bought mine from Japan through someone.
Old 09-04-07, 03:20 PM
beauphus
Pole Position

looks great. where did you get this double din dash kit? is it custom? this is exactly what i want. thanks!

Originally Posted by justcruzin
Peep this upgrade... I have a 2004 RX330 and I've replaced the factory headunit with a Pioneer AVIC-Z1 DVD Navigation System. I puchased the unit off the Internet (to save a little money) and had it installed at Circuit City. The install looks almost as it was done from the factory. Some of the features o fthe AVIC-Z1 are: bluetooth, traffic information, 30GIG hard drive, music library, DVD playback, iPod capable, learning capability and many other features not offered in previous units. I haven't done anything with the speakers as of yet. I'm comtemplating adding a subwoofer in the near-term. If you need pictures, I can post them for your viewing pleasure. I hope this helps.

Regards

Justcruzin...
Old 09-05-07, 02:29 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by beauphus
looks great. where did you get this double din dash kit? is it custom? this is exactly what i want. thanks!
See my post above. It is an OEM Toyota Harrier part. Any Toyota dealer in Japan will have it.

Quick Reply: after market stereo in '05 Lexus 330 w/nav?