RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Need advice, any Aussie on this forum???

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-03, 01:00 PM
sk898
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need advice, any Aussie on this forum???

Hi,

I have finally made up my mind and the time has come: I am going to get a new RX330. I really like the car and I am not thinking about getting the X5, ML or VW anymore because they are too expensive and don't offer enough features.

I would like to find out how much people are paying for their RX330 in Australia? I have been to a few Lexus dealers in Sydney and none of them look keen to give me a discount. I don’t know if I am not being pushy enough or the car is simply in high demand and they don’t bother to give a discount.

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you.

SK
Old 12-16-03, 07:46 AM
TRD328
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got mine for 77k tinted windowsd and paint protection thingy.
They dont seem to give much discount.
But i know that the Tourage (sp?) is making the RX330 sales a bit difficult. The new BMW x3 should take some as well.

How's the waiting list for the RX330 now?
Old 12-16-03, 01:26 PM
sk898
Driver School Candidate

$77k...is that the drive away price?

I am getting mixed information from the dealers. They all tell me that it would take about 3-4 months to get the car if I order now. However, they all have one or two cars in stock ready for immeidate delievey. Apparently these cars are cancelled orders. So I think the supply is not as short as the salespersons describe.

What ext/int color is your car? I am thinking of getting a white exterior with ivory interior RX.
Old 12-21-03, 06:30 PM
TRD328
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine is black on black. The white looks absolutley beautiful in my opinion.. but i've always been a sucker for dark colored cars.

Yeah i think the list is not as long now.. Make them give u some discount or freebies.. i was too rushed with my purchase so couldnt get discount....
Old 12-24-03, 05:40 AM
MalcolmC
Driver School Candidate

I purchased my Luxury model RX330 yesterday (Dec 23rd) for AUD83k on-the-road in Qld. Since stamp-duty varies from state to state in Australia, (2.5% in Qld, I think) subtracting stamp-duty, registration and CTP, 83k drive-away probably equates to close to AUD77k "nett"

I am taking delivery on Dec 30th. Interestingly, there were no Sports (base) model vehicles available until late-Feb, but 2x Luxury's were in stock. Next luxury availability was late Jan (2 vehicles) then March.

So, in Qld at least, it appears that the RX330 is doing pretty well...

According to the salesguy, Lexus policy on the RX330 at present is for the dealerships to have 8x vehicles in stock or in "the pipeline" as he put it - I saw 7 in the holding-yard, 5 with "sold" stickers on the windscreens.

I had the choice of silver (black interior) or beige/beige - the beige dashboard reminded me of the Camry-vomit dashboard tone of too many Hertz rentals over the last couple of years..

I chose Silver.

Silver and the dark-grey vehicles are apparently the fastest movers, but again, of course, anything a salesperson says needs a degree of critical evaluation.

I recently dumped an X5 - the V8 model - hugely expensive to run, not particularly well-built, several niggly problems with trim items etc, and electrics that the dealer was unwilling/unable to resolve to my satisfaction. Sat-nav that was next to useless, etc etc. A big disappointment...

I am hoping for a lot better from the RX330 - and the ongoing dealer relationship.

Regards,

Mal
Old 01-03-04, 12:24 PM
sk898
Driver School Candidate

Hi Mal,

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I am going to different dealers to get a few quotes first before putting in an order. Hopefully I will strike a good deal. :P

Originally posted by MalcolmC
I purchased my Luxury model RX330 yesterday (Dec 23rd) for AUD83k on-the-road in Qld. Since stamp-duty varies from state to state in Australia, (2.5% in Qld, I think) subtracting stamp-duty, registration and CTP, 83k drive-away probably equates to close to AUD77k "nett"

I am taking delivery on Dec 30th. Interestingly, there were no Sports (base) model vehicles available until late-Feb, but 2x Luxury's were in stock. Next luxury availability was late Jan (2 vehicles) then March.

So, in Qld at least, it appears that the RX330 is doing pretty well...

According to the salesguy, Lexus policy on the RX330 at present is for the dealerships to have 8x vehicles in stock or in "the pipeline" as he put it - I saw 7 in the holding-yard, 5 with "sold" stickers on the windscreens.

I had the choice of silver (black interior) or beige/beige - the beige dashboard reminded me of the Camry-vomit dashboard tone of too many Hertz rentals over the last couple of years..

I chose Silver.

Silver and the dark-grey vehicles are apparently the fastest movers, but again, of course, anything a salesperson says needs a degree of critical evaluation.

I recently dumped an X5 - the V8 model - hugely expensive to run, not particularly well-built, several niggly problems with trim items etc, and electrics that the dealer was unwilling/unable to resolve to my satisfaction. Sat-nav that was next to useless, etc etc. A big disappointment...

I am hoping for a lot better from the RX330 - and the ongoing dealer relationship.

Regards,

Mal