RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Question about Mobile DVD installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-06, 04:16 PM
Brandi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Mobile DVD installation

Hello Everyone,
I am Brandi & I just bought a new Lexus RX300
I am wondering if anyone knows if its possible to have an overhead DVD system installed with my Lexus having the sunroof in the front?
The DVD system I am wanting to have installed is an Audiovox system..here is a pic of it..
Anyones imput or knowledge about this is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
Old 01-22-06, 10:03 AM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ive seen it done before. the only problem is that there is gonna be a lot of modding in order to support the weight of the console without interfering with the sunroof. my honest opinion, your better off getting a headrest or visor system.
Old 01-22-06, 10:25 AM
salimshah

Received 996 Likes on 900 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandi
Hello Everyone,
I am Brandi & I just bought a new Lexus RX300
I am wondering if anyone knows if its possible to have an overhead DVD system installed with my Lexus having the sunroof in the front?
The DVD system I am wanting to have installed is an Audiovox system..here is a pic of it..
Anyones imput or knowledge about this is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
Welcome to clublexus.

Do you intend to install the stuff yourself? If not, I would suggest approaching the add on from a totally difffent perspective. Instead of fitting a unit, I would work with the installer to see what they have sucessfully done in past. Usually your dealer would reccomend a reputable shop.

Also browse through the library here in CL so to see what other setups people have done.

Now if you want to do a DIY, I would urge you to reconsider as experience is a must. Learn as you go, in something that will be so obvious is not a risk worth taking. I genrally do not discourage DIY but there are times when it is better to give some one the money to a do a fine job. [check the work they have done!]. If you are already an experienced installer, whay would you be asking the question to begin with? No offence intended.

Finally any add on, which is independant will be lot easier than integrating the suff with the Lexus stereo + controls.

Salim
Old 01-22-06, 09:19 PM
Brandi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Thanks for yalls responses..
I actually contacted my dealer & they have recommended me to a professional and they are going to install a a smaller unit.
I am having this all done next weekend!
Old 01-24-06, 09:29 PM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brandi
Hey Thanks for yalls responses..
I actually contacted my dealer & they have recommended me to a professional and they are going to install a a smaller unit.
I am having this all done next weekend!
not sure if your lexus dealer has it, but most do, is the Invision Revolution headrest monitors. They're factory matched headrest monitors w/ independent top-load dvd players in each one. dealer price is almost $3000 installed but I know somebody at my dealership that can sell them to me for $1500. check out this link:

http://www.invisionindustries.com/products.html