RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

remote start

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-17, 02:20 PM
fshguo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile remote start

Hi I just got my RX350 Luxury 2016, just got some questions hope to find the answer here:
1) if it comes with remote start function?
2) Upgrading the GPS Map can it be done anytime free of charge in dealership?
3) I found the vehicle is slow in picking up the speed, and pretty noisy, is it normal?
4) if there are more than two people in the car, is it better to drive in normal or sport mode rather than eco?

Thanks for any response in advance.
Dan.
Old 03-27-17, 07:20 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Congrats on the new car!

1) Enforn Remote (remote start through keyfob and phone app) is free for the first year. Then it becomes $249.90/year (with 2-year subscription). Keep in mind, this includes Safety Connect (SOS button) which is needed for Enform Remote to work.

2) Map updates are not free. Since its SD card based, I think you can buy it yourself and change it out. The SD card slot is located behind the tiny black door beneath the A/C controls, towards the right side.

3) The car is just a heavy car with an ECU and transmission that is tuned to save fuel, so acceleration is kinda slow. The noise has been a common complaint, but I don't find it that intrusive.

4) When I drive the RX, I always drive in Sport mode. I find taking off to be smoother, and I like the faster throttle response. Of course, putting the RX in Sport mode doesn't make it any faster but I find it drives better. I never drive in Eco due to the laggy throttle response and it dials back the A/C to save fuel, and it doesn't really save fuel; just makes me frustrated.
Old 03-27-17, 07:57 PM
StephyKay
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
Congrats on the new car!

1) Enforn Remote (remote start through keyfob and phone app) is free for the first year. Then it becomes $249.90/year (with 2-year subscription). Keep in mind, this includes Safety Connect (SOS button) which is needed for Enform Remote to work.

2) Map updates are not free. Since its SD card based, I think you can buy it yourself and change it out. The SD card slot is located behind the tiny black door beneath the A/C controls, towards the right side.

3) The car is just a heavy car with an ECU and transmission that is tuned to save fuel, so acceleration is kinda slow. The noise has been a common complaint, but I don't find it that intrusive.

4) When I drive the RX, I always drive in Sport mode. I find taking off to be smoother, and I like the faster throttle response. Of course, putting the RX in Sport mode doesn't make it any faster but I find it drives better. I never drive in Eco due to the laggy throttle response and it dials back the A/C to save fuel, and it doesn't really save fuel; just makes me frustrated.
I have never had navigation before so I'm sorry if this comes across as silly but what do you mean you have to buy updates and change them out? I'm so confused lol.
Old 03-27-17, 08:57 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by StephyKay
I have never had navigation before so I'm sorry if this comes across as silly but what do you mean you have to buy updates and change them out? I'm so confused lol.
If you want to update your maps, you will need to buy them (from dealer or online). It will cost a few hundred dollars. I'm assuming it's an easy swap since Lexus changed to SD card based maps. I don't update maps since the roads don't change too much around here and I tend to use Waze on my phone since the traffic info is more up to date.
Old 03-28-17, 02:15 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by StephyKay
You do not "need" to update your map. I have driven for years without updating. It is a good option if you own your vehicle for many years but I find most the time the nav maps to be on the money. Updates will add new highways down the road.
Old 03-28-17, 06:40 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

3) I found the vehicle is slow in picking up the speed

Check to see if the TSB for hesitation has been done on your vehicle...see hesitation at various speeds thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ost-159-a.html
Old 03-28-17, 07:06 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

If you want updates, then yes, you will have to buy them at your expense. That said, even the newest maps that Lexus has available are still often a year or two behind.
Old 03-29-17, 01:12 PM
go3Ds
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by computerwi
If you want updates, then yes, you will have to buy them at your expense. That said, even the newest maps that Lexus has available are still often a year or two behind.
This is from FAQ on lexusnavigation.com, also lots of other information worth reading.

What is the general cut-off time frame for each calendar year’s update?

Input for the following release in the fall is generally closed in September of the prior calendar year. For example, the information to be included on the Ver. 16.1 updates was closed in September 2015. This is necessary to allow sufficient time to verify the accuracy of data to be provided on the update.
Old 03-30-17, 02:01 PM
bdman360
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I see "AC ON" on my screen... is there a way to turn off ? Some of my previous cars had an "AC OFF" button
Old 03-30-17, 04:00 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bdman360
I see "AC ON" on my screen... is there a way to turn off ? Some of my previous cars had an "AC OFF" button
Go to the climate menu and select AC...or use the right side of screen to the climate tab and select AC.