RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Clock Did Not Set DST

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-16, 10:59 AM
daffydd
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Clock Did Not Set DST

2016 RX 350. Time zone is correct. Daylight Savings Time is set to AUTO. Auto Adjust by GPS is ON. The clocks, analogue and digital, did not change for DST.

What am I missing?

Thanks!
Old 11-12-16, 11:08 AM
RGSW
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

You need to go to "Settings" on the screen and select "Standard" time......
Old 11-12-16, 11:19 AM
RGSW
Intermediate

See pg 61 of Owner's Navigation Manual................
1 Display the “General Settings” screen. (→P. 59) 2 Select “Clock”. 3 Select the items to be set. ■SETTING THE TIME ZONE 1 Select “Time Zone”. 2 Select the desired time zone. zIf “Other” is selected, the zone can be adjusted manually. Select “+” or “-” to adjust the time zone. ■ MANUAL CLOCK SETTING 1 Select the desired item. CLOCK SETTINGS Used for changing the time zone and setting of daylight saving time and automatic time adjustment on/off. No. Function Select to change the time zone. (→P. 61) Select to set daylight saving time on/ off. Select to set automatic adjustment of the clock by GPS on/off. When set to on, the system will automatically adjust the clock to the current position’s time zone when the vehicle moves to a different time zone. When set to off, the clock can be manually adjusted
Old 11-12-16, 11:19 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

Turn off daylight savings time
The following 2 users liked this post by aznkorboi:
rxtimes2 (03-19-20), yok3dIS (03-14-21)
Old 11-12-16, 11:57 AM
daffydd
Driver

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
Turn off daylight savings time
Yes. Somehow I got it into my head that this was an automatic function as on my 25-year-old WWV-connected Sony Alarm Clock, my iOS thingies, my Macs, and other devices. I was mistaken.
Old 11-12-16, 12:31 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by daffydd
Yes. Somehow I got it into my head that this was an automatic function as on my 25-year-old WWV-connected Sony Alarm Clock, my iOS thingies, my Macs, and other devices. I was mistaken.
dont worry. I thought the exact same thing. Until I fiddled with it and it worked.
Old 11-12-16, 03:55 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by daffydd
Youre exactky right...it should on its own. Stupid it doesn't.
Old 11-12-16, 06:03 PM
RGSW
Intermediate

On a recent trip, I was informed by the Nav Screen that I was crossing the "Time Zone" from Mountain to Central and asked me if I wanted to change the two clocks mounted in the car? I selected "Yes" and both clocks went to the new time. Not as easy for DLST. After two hours of driving on the interstate, I got a note on the readout in the dash, asking if I wanted to stop for Coffee???
Old 11-12-16, 07:16 PM
daffydd
Driver

Originally Posted by RGSW
On a recent trip, I was informed by the Nav Screen that I was crossing the "Time Zone" from Mountain to Central and asked me if I wanted to change the two clocks mounted in the car? I selected "Yes" and both clocks went to the new time. Not as easy for DLST. After two hours of driving on the interstate, I got a note on the readout in the dash, asking if I wanted to stop for Coffee???
Hah! My RX accused me of drunk driving or being asleep at the wheel the other day. Somebody had spilled some bits of trash on our country road over a distance of maybe 150 yards. I slowly wove around the little bits to avoid tire damage. As I straightened up I got the coffee-cup icon and rest warning. I pushed every button I could find on the dash but no cup of coffee appeared. Pretty chintzy, suggesting coffee and then failing to provide same.
Old 11-12-16, 08:56 PM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts

If you set everything auto with correct time zone it should change automatically when time signal is received at midnight. If you are missing signal due to your location or car is parked inside your garage it won't happen. I park in the garage. I just manually set it back. We have many radio time controlled watches, clocks in the house. Ones
in the basement never switch time. All watches have to be placed near the South facing windows just for one night.
Old 11-17-16, 04:24 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Htony
If you set everything auto with correct time zone it should change automatically when time signal is received at midnight. If you are missing signal due to your location or car is parked inside your garage it won't happen. I park in the garage. I just manually set it back. We have many radio time controlled watches, clocks in the house. Ones
in the basement never switch time. All watches have to be placed near the South facing windows just for one night.
My RX was not the only device that didn't change automatically for the November DST change. The only way I could get the RX to display correctly was to turn off the GPS setting & do it manually. Every time I turned the GPS setting back on (I had the correct time zone also), the time would change back to an hour ahead. I think this problem has something to do with the date this change took place this year.
Old 11-17-16, 04:50 PM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts

If you don't get WWV signal, it'll never change time. It does not have to be on the day of change. Any time after that if signal is picked up, the tiem will corecctly set. Once O sat up watching the time change via radio signal. All the computers, TV cable box, smart phones changed. The vehicle should be in a spot where it can receive decent signal. Manually setting it takes less than a min.
Old 11-17-16, 05:21 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Htony
If you don't get WWV signal, it'll never change time. It does not have to be on the day of change. Any time after that if signal is picked up, the tiem will corecctly set. Once O sat up watching the time change via radio signal. All the computers, TV cable box, smart phones changed. The vehicle should be in a spot where it can receive decent signal. Manually setting it takes less than a min.
How would one know if they had a WWV signal? I live in a city and I have perfect cell, radio, and satellite reception. I tried to set this in at least two locations. I still don't think it has anything to do with the car.
Old 03-18-20, 05:13 PM
drivnhappy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clock auto reset/daylight savings time

Hi all,

I read that if I had navigation on my RX it would automatically reset the time for DST; mine did not, is there something I need to do to enable?

Thanks
Old 03-19-20, 03:36 AM
rxtimes2
Intermediate

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by drivnhappy
Hi all,

I read that if I had navigation on my RX it would automatically reset the time for DST; mine did not, is there something I need to do to enable?

Thanks
Read post #4 of this thread.

Quick Reply: Clock Did Not Set DST