RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Parking assist dynamic gridlines not showing

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-16, 12:53 PM
dfc350
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Even when this setting is chosen, I sometimes get the yellow guidelines and sometimes I do not. Like this morning: backing out of the garage; no guidelines. 30 minutes later, having driven to work, guidelines appear. I did not change the settings.
Could this be a function of the car warming up??? I assume I am headed to the dealer...
I've noticed it takes a little time for all the computer systems to boot up, so if you started the car and immediately backed out, it's possible they weren't ready yet.
Old 01-23-16, 07:14 AM
greyguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yesterday, at least, it was quite consistent: no guidelines when first starting car; guidelines 30 minutes later.
Will keep an eye on it and head to dealer when convenient.
I'll post back if anything interesting turns up.
Thanks!
Old 02-26-16, 01:26 PM
greyguy
Driver School Candidate

I think I have an answer and the solution.

Another problem, that I noticed since picking up the car, was that it was sometimes difficult to start: would crank, but not "catch." After a near failure-to-start experience, I took to the dealer and left it for a day.

The diagnosis for both the starting problem AND the dynamic (yellow) guidelines was a defective battery! They put in a new battery, and both problems are solved.

Interesting... thought people might want to know.
The following 2 users liked this post by greyguy:
GSFRX350 (12-26-18), JacobPatri (08-06-22)
Old 02-26-16, 07:25 PM
miawheels
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hon3kong

click it to turn on/off the grid line
Please tell me how you got the park assist to appear in the right third of the screen? I turned the display on and off through the settings but couldn't get it to look like this. Currently I have to look at the speedometer for the park assist and the nav for the gridlines and panoramic view.
Old 02-28-16, 07:53 AM
greyguy
Driver School Candidate

I posted my understanding of this on Jan 22. Here's how I think it works:

The Settings -> Vehicle -> LEXUS parking assist. -> Display Off button only serves to turn on/off the display on the right side of the Nav screen of what what the sensors think you are close to. It is not the easiest image to interpret; pushing it only highlights/unhighlights the button.

But, I'm pretty sure this is how to turn on the display on the right panel, at least on my 2016 Rx350.

Hope it helps.
Old 02-28-16, 11:33 AM
miawheels
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greyguy
I posted my understanding of this on Jan 22. Here's how I think it works:

The Settings -> Vehicle -> LEXUS parking assist. -> Display Off button only serves to turn on/off the display on the right side of the Nav screen of what what the sensors think you are close to. It is not the easiest image to interpret; pushing it only highlights/unhighlights the button.

But, I'm pretty sure this is how to turn on the display on the right panel, at least on my 2016 Rx350.

Hope it helps.
Thanks! Finally got it to work. Would have been nice if it switched between display on/off instead of that vague highlighting.
Old 11-03-16, 06:10 AM
madberna
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2017 Lexus RX Parking lines

Hi guys,

I just joined the Lexus club! I got the 2017 RX (Platinum Package). I have an issue with my parking assist. The yellow lines that move with the steering wheel do not appear. I tried the 3 different options in the settings when it's set on R but it still won't appear. I only get the red line, red and blue lines or only blue lines that are all static. Why do I not have it? It's kinda frustrating!

Help please.
Old 11-03-16, 07:54 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...t-showing.html

Get used to all the features on your new rx. There are so many features it's a little frustrating figuring them out. Wait till you hit a button by mistake and can't figure out how to get back. Good luck. This is a good place to get info, enjoy!
Old 11-03-16, 09:16 AM
SirKong
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by madberna
Hi guys,

I just joined the Lexus club! I got the 2017 RX (Platinum Package). I have an issue with my parking assist. The yellow lines that move with the steering wheel do not appear. I tried the 3 different options in the settings when it's set on R but it still won't appear. I only get the red line, red and blue lines or only blue lines that are all static. Why do I not have it? It's kinda frustrating!

Help please.

With car engine on try turning the steering wheel all the way to the left then all the way to the right. If the car ran out of battery it loses the lines and you need to reset the limit by doing the above.
The following 2 users liked this post by SirKong:
crf3973 (05-12-21), JacobPatri (08-06-22)
Old 11-03-16, 01:39 PM
madberna
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SirKong
With car engine on try turning the steering wheel all the way to the left then all the way to the right. If the car ran out of battery it loses the lines and you need to reset the limit by doing the above.
Thanks. I tried that but it didn't work. It's a new car. I'm assuming the battery is still in good shape. I have a little exclamation mark next to the gridline option. It appears when I choose the second option where the yellow lines should be appearing. I'll try to take a picture later. It's so annoying! I'll try to look in the manual for any parking assist errors.
Old 11-03-16, 02:47 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 507 Likes on 363 Posts

I suggest you read panoramic camera section in the others manual. It goes through the different options. I went through this when I bought it. The manual was helpful.
Old 11-08-16, 07:24 AM
SirKong
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by madberna
Thanks. I tried that but it didn't work. It's a new car. I'm assuming the battery is still in good shape. I have a little exclamation mark next to the gridline option. It appears when I choose the second option where the yellow lines should be appearing. I'll try to take a picture later. It's so annoying! I'll try to look in the manual for any parking assist errors.

Mine was new too. Had a defective battery got it replaced. I think the exclamation mark means that calibration is needed.
Old 12-26-18, 08:49 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 116 Likes on 89 Posts
Default No predictive lines anymore

Hopefully someone knows what to do!

I haven't driven my car in 2-3 days. When I went to start it the car seemed like it stalled and had a very difficult time cranking. I assumed that the battery is dying or died and came back to life on its own. The car is about 2.5 years old.

A few settings had been reset such as the customize feature for the chassis etc.

The main issue I am having now is that the predictive yellow lines that show your path is now completey gone. All it shows is a small triangle explanation mark on the lower right corner. I have the pano view monitor as well.

Not sure what's going on. I drove it a few times as well as turned the engine on/off 3-4 times and it still isn't showing.

Any advice? thanks!
Old 12-26-18, 09:01 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 116 Likes on 89 Posts

Lol. This just happened to me after 2.5 years of ownership. No issues at all before then.

Now I get bad cold crank starts and I've lost the yellow gridlines with a nice grey triangle explanation mark.

Going to the dealer to see if I can get a free battery
Old 12-26-18, 09:56 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Try this:
Press the “MENU” button on the Lexus Display Audio controller/Remote
touch, and then select Settings icon on the screen.
Select “Vehicle”, and then select “Backup Camera Guide Line Settings” on
the screen.

Quick Reply: Parking assist dynamic gridlines not showing