RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Past service print-outs

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-16, 03:40 PM
airboss
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Past service print-outs

Bought a 2015 RX350 from a Ford dealer. Have talked to the previous owner, he has been VERY helpful. Unfortunately, the dealer he bought it from has been less than helpful.

I'm a bit **** and would like a copy of the service invoices for the previous service (yes, I can see what generally was done on the lexus website, but I'd like to have the detailed invoices for my records). I've sent three or four e-mails, via their dealer website, to the service manager, but he never responds (Eskridge Lexus in Oklahoma City). I called their service department and asked to speak the service advisor, by VIN, and was told they can't look it up - I need to know the service advisor's name. The guy who previously owned it doesn't remember, as his wife took it in, so I'm out of luck on that end.

Any other ways?

Thanks. A bit surprised by the lack of cooperation....
Old 07-18-16, 06:12 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 530 Likes on 386 Posts

A dealer not being able to look up the service history of their make is a total lie! I would go in person to the dealer and ask for it. The SA was too busy playing Pokemon on his phone to help you!
Old 07-18-16, 04:32 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can see what was done, but I can't give you anything with the previous owner's info on it.

And that's probably why Eskridge is being shy about giving copies of old RO's; they will have the previous owner's contact info and that is in violation of most any dealer's privacy policy.

PM me the VIN and your email and I will see what I can dig up.
Old 07-18-16, 04:55 PM
airboss
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by charley95
A dealer not being able to look up the service history of their make is a total lie! I would go in person to the dealer and ask for it. The SA was too busy playing Pokemon on his phone to help you!
I would have done that, but I live 600 miles away. Yeah, I didn't expect her to give me the info, but if she could have told me the service agent's name (and e-mail) the previous owner has agreed to e-mail them.
Old 07-20-16, 03:06 PM
Jiffin12
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that the Lexus.com owners website has recently been revised and is working, you should be able to see all of the service work done by Lexus dealers on your vehicle.

First go to Lexus.com and click on the 'Owner' tab at the top of the page. You will need to create an account with a user name (your e-mail address) and a password. Enter the VIN# of your vehicle to attain your specific vehicle info.

Once established, when you go to the 'Service' tab and select the 'Service History' sub tab to display the service information for your car. The displayed data is the data contained on the service order paperwork completed by the dealership when the service was performed.

My experience is that the Lexus data displayed is the same as reported to providers like Carfax and such on your vehicle.

In the future you can edit the file on your vehicle to include service performed by a third party such as self performed or an independent mechanic.

This procedure may not be exactly what you said you wanted but it is an accurate paper trail on your vehicle.
Old 07-20-16, 03:09 PM
airboss
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by rld14
I can see what was done, but I can't give you anything with the previous owner's info on it.

And that's probably why Eskridge is being shy about giving copies of old RO's; they will have the previous owner's contact info and that is in violation of most any dealer's privacy policy.

PM me the VIN and your email and I will see what I can dig up.
Got it, thanks.
Old 07-20-16, 03:10 PM
airboss
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Jiffin12
Now that the Lexus.com owners website has recently been revised and is working, you should be able to see all of the service work done by Lexus dealers on your vehicle.

First go to Lexus.com and click on the 'Owner' tab at the top of the page. You will need to create an account with a user name (your e-mail address) and a password. Enter the VIN# of your vehicle to attain your specific vehicle info.

Once established, when you go to the 'Service' tab and select the 'Service History' sub tab to display the service information for your car. The displayed data is the data contained on the service order paperwork completed by the dealership when the service was performed.

My experience is that the Lexus data displayed is the same as reported to providers like Carfax and such on your vehicle.

In the future you can edit the file on your vehicle to include service performed by a third party such as self performed or an independent mechanic.

This procedure may not be exactly what you said you wanted but it is an accurate paper trail on your vehicle.
yep, thanks, had all that. Like I said, just a bit **** and wanted paper copies of what the dealer issued for my records.
Old 07-22-16, 01:57 PM
klwagoner
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Eskridge Lexus knows they're the only game in this town and that's reflected in their pricing and in other areas. Exactly why I went to Ft. Worth to buy my Lexus.
Old 07-22-16, 04:45 PM
airboss
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by klwagoner
Eskridge Lexus knows they're the only game in this town and that's reflected in their pricing and in other areas. Exactly why I went to Ft. Worth to buy my Lexus.
I was in OKC when I started looking and found this 2015 at Patriot Ford in Purcell. I compared everything else I looked at against it and it was a great deal. The closest I could come, from a Lexus dealer, was in Kansas City.

I didn't shop at Eskridge, but they sold this thing for $52k a year ago, I figured they could at least send me the printouts. I'm too cheap to pay the Lexus dealer price on a new one.

I am in OKC for work quite often, so flew back out there and bought it, drove it home.