RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Enform system USB Question/Mystery

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-16, 05:59 AM
hopzhopz
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Enform system USB Question/Mystery

Hello all...

Newbie here, from Colorado. 2011 RX350.

This is my third RX350. Mysterious behavior on the Audio system. We like to listen to audio books I download from our library using the "Overdrive" system at the library.

The books D/L easily and in the correct format. No problem. In this one particular instance... I put a book on a jump Drive and plug it in. It plays just fine. After the new book finishes I remove the thumb drive but the book, its chapters and all the audio remain in the system.

When I go to the Audio section of inform, the MP3 book and its details are still there. It still plays.

Question 1... is is possible to delete the old book that is still there? (I do not find a Delete function or button)

Question 2 ... If I connect the thumb drive does the system download the media, or does it just access the book as needed?

I have read the Owner's Book in detail and it does not address the Delete function at all. Youtube videos do not either.

Glad I found this site... thanks for being there.

Bob
Old 03-31-16, 06:45 AM
NateJG
Lead Lap

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Does the previous book also remain? How many are on the system?
Old 03-31-16, 07:54 AM
hopzhopz
Driver School Candidate

Hi Nate... good question. There is only one book with all its chapters etc...

If I plug in a new book on USB I have to go to Audio and select that new book. Once it is finished it goes away but the one I cannot get to go away is still there. and it will still play if I select it...

that of course the reason for my question... but really all I want is to make it go away... cannot detect a Delete button or function.

Ideas?
Old 03-31-16, 12:59 PM
hopzhopz
Driver School Candidate

Hi Guys... I fussed around on this question with no results... so I called the dealer... which I obviously should have done in the first place.

The answer is you... the user... cannot delete things from the USB option. The system actually downloads the entire book (I am listening to audio books from a thumb drive)... and there is a finite volume of memory- although no one seems to know what that capacity is.

But, when you use the thumb drive containing a new book the system deletes the oldest one seamlessly, and then it loads the new one.

This means that you must go to the USB section of the inform system and curser around till you find the new book, select it then play.

Glad this site is here.

Thanks

Bob