RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Preferred Accessory Package

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-12, 09:49 AM
indylexus1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Preferred Accessory Package

I am the proud new owner of a 2013 RX350 with Silver Lining Metallic as of last Friday.I got the comfort package, navigation, premium package, towing prep package, and the preferred accessory package. Loving it so far!

Anyway, I am wondering if the preferred accessory package should have included the all weather cargo mat, rather than the carpeted cargo mat that they gave me at delivery??? I would much rather have the all weather mats!
Old 12-25-12, 10:30 AM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by indylexus1
I am the proud new owner of a 2013 RX350 with Silver Lining Metallic as of last Friday.I got the comfort package, navigation, premium package, towing prep package, and the preferred accessory package. Loving it so far!

Anyway, I am wondering if the preferred accessory package should have included the all weather cargo mat, rather than the carpeted cargo mat that they gave me at delivery??? I would much rather have the all weather mats!
Most of us would have no use for an "all weather" mat; we prefer carpet; that white stuff you get and wet stuff are in the minority for most of us...lol
Old 12-25-12, 10:53 AM
indylexus1
Driver School Candidate

We are under a blizzard warning for tomorrow! I bet you all are jealous...
Old 12-27-12, 07:37 AM
Hvarsov
Driver School Candidate

Not at all.....for the few blizzards and snow I just take out an old towel and place it on the floor mat........heck of a lot easier and no "water" stays on the mat........simplicity is better......
Old 12-27-12, 07:59 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Carpeted mat

My current and previous Lexus rides have had only the carpet mats that most folk pay for and discard for 'other' types. It's just my opinion of course but I like them. I've never gotten one so caked in mud or trash it wouldn't vacuum and/or scrub out. I've got 45K on my current ones (haven't been in for the mat recall yet) and they still clean up like new. My older ones from last RX were the beige color but like new when I sold it to Car Max. I just think they look better and they're not hard to keep up at all. Just my opinion
Old 09-18-24, 01:23 PM
kamie
Driver School Candidate

It’s your own opinion that the majority do not prefer the all-weather mats. For example, I have on my 2011 450h AWD black all-weather mats that are way more practical and needed than any other.
Old 09-18-24, 01:29 PM
kamie
Driver School Candidate

Your original question what is in the so called Preferred Accessory package of RX 350 or 450h, actually nobody answered, the whole discussion-question you started went astray about the cold weather pkg? BTW I also want to find an answer to your question, what is in the so called “Preferred Accessory Pkg”? Anyone?
Old 09-18-24, 02:21 PM
salimshah
Forum Moderator

Received 1,100 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by kamie
Your original question what is in the so called Preferred Accessory package of RX 350 or 450h, actually nobody answered, the whole discussion-question you started went astray about the cold weather pkg? BTW I also want to find an answer to your question, what is in the so called “Preferred Accessory Pkg”? Anyone?
I did my best to answer your question in a different thread, but it was not good enough. In a used market the vehicle is in front of you with and without features you want ... to put it bluntly take it or leave it.

In a new vehicle market the buyer has the opportunity to select bundle(s) and option(s). In Lexus line up one can purchase precisely equipped vehicle in theory but due to "allocation" dealers order preconfigured [bundled] vehicle they can sell. When I was purchasing new, I had to accept bundles which came with items I did not desire to pay for.

Maybe this would help
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...age-codes.html

Z1 is whatever the dealer decides to throw in for additional profit [varies vehicle to vehicle].

Factory bundling [options] vary from model to model, yr to yr. As an example one can not make an assumption that for 2011 RX-450H convenience package will be the same for 2012
Try locating a brochure [pdf or paper] for the model and year that describes the factory bundles and that might answer the question. Certain combinations down to interior color with exterior paint color are not possible. So limitations exist.

Salim

PS: do a search on net on "allocation" for Lexus and Toyota if you want to dig deeper into bundles and sales.
Old Yesterday, 12:26 AM
Montanaman
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From a post in the link Salim provided:

Z2 - Preferred Accessory Package: Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks and Rear Bumper Applique (Port)

Here is a great link to view the Sales Brochure:
Auto-Brochures | Lexus Car & Truck PDF Sales Brochure/Catalog/Flyer/Info CT ES GS GX HS IS LC LFA LS LX NX RC RX SC UX

The "P-A-P" is not listed in the brochure, but if you go to lexus.com, set up an account, and enter your VIN, and then go to Vehicle Specifications, you will probably find this:

Z1 CARGO NET,CARGO MAT,WHEEL LOCKS & KEY GLOVE (listed under "Port or Factory Installed Equipment").

Last edited by Montanaman; Yesterday at 12:37 AM.
Old Yesterday, 08:29 AM
kamie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Montanaman
From a post in the link Salim provided:

Z2 - Preferred Accessory Package: Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks and Rear Bumper Applique (Port)

Here is a great link to view the Sales Brochure:
Auto-Brochures | Lexus Car & Truck PDF Sales Brochure/Catalog/Flyer/Info CT ES GS GX HS IS LC LFA LS LX NX RC RX SC UX

The "P-A-P" is not listed in the brochure, but if you go to lexus.com, set up an account, and enter your VIN, and then go to Vehicle Specifications, you will probably find this:

Z1 CARGO NET,CARGO MAT,WHEEL LOCKS & KEY GLOVE (listed under "Port or Factory Installed Equipment").
What exactly it’s - Rear Bumper Applique (Port)?
Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM
salimshah
Forum Moderator

Received 1,100 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by kamie
What exactly it’s - Rear Bumper Applique (Port)?
It would be the rubber pad on the rear bumper to prevent scuff on rear bumper flat surface. [This is my best guess]
<FYI> the link I posted is from IS forum.

Port: -- for a a while Lexus/Toyota would ship manufactured vehicles to say Dubai headed to North America. At Dubai [port] they would install dealer requested options and then send the vehicle forward to NorthAmerica. [There was further separation for North-NorthAmerica and South-NorthAmerica markets. example AWD and FWD, winter-package etc]. I have not kept up if the "port" meaning "Dubai" still there or due to economic shift and domestic manufacturing it makes sense. The term may have been removed or "port" now is "dealer installed" as the prevalent term.

Salim

Last edited by salimshah; Yesterday at 09:07 AM.