RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Add Intuitive Parking Assist

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-15, 04:29 PM
Surovich
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The buzzer isn't bad to install, but Ive had my radio out a million times - So it was an easy install.

BTW, SO I went out to check the sensors, and this time they worked at start up - So no idea why, but car sat for a few hours and then all good ... Well fronts....

I need to find the read cables, retail on them is a bit high, and ebay seems to be empty right now
Old 09-10-15, 05:14 PM
lesguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Surovich
The buzzer isn't bad to install, but Ive had my radio out a million times - So it was an easy install.

BTW, SO I went out to check the sensors, and this time they worked at start up - So no idea why, but car sat for a few hours and then all good ... Well fronts....

I need to find the read cables, retail on them is a bit high, and ebay seems to be empty right now
So the radio MUST be removed to plug in the buzzer?
Old 09-11-15, 09:01 AM
Surovich
Driver School Candidate

The location is somewhere behind there - PM your email and I will send you over a page from the Tech manual with the picture and a few steps.

There may be a way without removing the radio, but since I had mine out so often for other things, It was faster for me than looking. (ie: Just like the sensors up front, not removing the bumper / etc.) But either way, what I can send you will help.

I may take a picture later too for others, so they can see it - Just need to find a few minutes to rip apart the radio section again (Takes only a few minutes since I didn't put back all 100000 bolts/screws

Last edited by Surovich; 09-11-15 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-11-15, 11:32 AM
lesguy
Driver School Candidate

The location is somewhere behind there - PM your email and I will send you over a page from the Tech manual with the picture and a few steps.

There may be a way without removing the radio, but since I had mine out so often for other things, It was faster for me than looking. (ie: Just like the sensors up front, not removing the bumper / etc.) But either way, what I can send you will help.

I may take a picture later too for others, so they can see it - Just need to find a few minutes to rip apart the radio section again (Takes only a few minutes since I didn't put back all 100000 bolts/screws
Pm sent

Is the buzzer connector more on the passenger side or drivers side of the center dash?
Old 09-14-15, 05:39 AM
Surovich
Driver School Candidate

More on the drivers side behind the radio. I'm trying to get a picture uploaded but it keeps failing, I may just use my onedrive and add a link....
Old 09-14-15, 05:46 AM
Surovich
Driver School Candidate

Oh cool - It works today ...... The pic is small isn't too bad and should help. - It does assume the radio has been removed. It may be possible to get to it from under the dash from the driver side, I haven't tried - But I may just to help out people who haven't had the fun of removing the radio - which is not a fun process
Attached Thumbnails Add Intuitive Parking Assist-buzzer.jpg  
Old 09-14-15, 05:56 AM
Surovich
Driver School Candidate

Sorry for the 3 posts in a row -

So it rained all weekend and I couldn't drill out my front sensors - I want to today, but I looked from the engine compartment at the bumper above the foglights and around and I just don't see ANY markings for holes at all .... What am I missing?
Old 09-14-15, 06:16 AM
lesguy
Driver School Candidate

Sorry for the 3 posts in a row -

So it rained all weekend and I couldn't drill out my front sensors - I want to today, but I looked from the engine compartment at the bumper above the foglights and around and I just don't see ANY markings for holes at all .... What am I missing?
Thanks for that pic of the radio/dash. I'll study it and try to get up under the driver side and remove the underpanel again and shine a light up there to see if there is anyway possible to get in there without removing the head unit. Will be busy until this weekend, so wont get a chance to try it until Saturday

As far as the markings, they are not highly visible at all. On mine, I took a rag and wiped clean that entire backside bumper cover area above the foglights. Then from above, I used a bright LED flashlight to look down and around. Very lightly etched into the cover, is a circle inside of a rectangle-ish box thats also etched. I then took a ice pick type tool to insert dead center of the circle (from the rear) to push outwards towards the front of the RX. I then had my wife notice where the pick was pushing outwards and had her mark with a black marker. That was then where I drilled my hole.

Last edited by lesguy; 09-14-15 at 08:41 AM.
Old 09-14-15, 08:24 AM
Surovich
Driver School Candidate

Glad I could help the project out....

That's perfect for help on that as well ... Id like my two fronts mounted before my 2 weeks of vacation starting Sunday Its a sunny day today, so might be a good night for it.

*** Edit **** - Perfect, I could see the etching on the bumper, and I got my drill in there so it would be perfectly centered with the hole ... The back, once I get to it, I may remove the bumper

Last edited by Surovich; 09-14-15 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-27-15, 06:19 AM
lesguy
Driver School Candidate

Glad I could help the project out....

That's perfect for help on that as well ... Id like my two fronts mounted before my 2 weeks of vacation starting Sunday Its a sunny day today, so might be a good night for it.

*** Edit **** - Perfect, I could see the etching on the bumper, and I got my drill in there so it would be perfectly centered with the hole ... The back, once I get to it, I may remove the bumper
How's the project going? I'm still stuck on trying to find the buzzer connection without having to remove the radio. Going from underneath the drivers side dash doesn't seem to be an option. There is a blank plate of some sort just below and to the left of the engine start button that if removed, might allow access to where the connector resides? But I can't figure out how to get this blank plate out

Any suggestions on how to access the buzzer connector without radio removal?
Old 10-09-15, 08:44 PM
Surovich
Driver School Candidate

Sorry was on a 2 week vacation (and 1 week was on a cruise with limited Internet) - I'm at a stand still until I can find the 2 rear wiring harnesses cheaper than retail (or until I snap and just buy them). But I don't think there is any chance to get to the buzzer without taking the radio out - and I remember the 1st time I did that, wasn't too much - But after that time its pretty easy now.
Old 10-24-15, 10:01 AM
Dewi31
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for posting folks, this is going to be my next project.
Just got used wiring and sensors. eBay
Need to get other parts as well.
I may have to get them from lexus parts now.com
Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing.
Old 11-28-15, 01:08 PM
lesguy
Driver School Candidate

Well, bad news, as it looks like not all models are pre-wired for the buzzer. I was able to remove the radio and was able to easily look all around back there, but no plug for the buzzer and no sign of yellow and white wires.
Any suggestions at this point? A shame to have every other aspect of the Intuitive Parking working, but no buzzer. Help!

Old 11-28-15, 01:09 PM
lesguy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rx350vn
Có 2 dây mầu vàng & trắng có thể kết nối đc với 89343c
Hi. Where is this plug/connector located?
Old 11-28-15, 01:13 PM
lesguy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rx350vn
In this pic, I see the installed grey buzzer. Was the plug for the buzzer, located right there in that spot on your RX350? I have no no empty plugs/no empty connector right there on mine. I do see the white and yellow wires that are going to the underside of the grey buzzer. Were those wires and the connector tucked away down under that silver/grey box that's show in your pic?

Quick Reply: Add Intuitive Parking Assist