RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Matador Red is Mine...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-09, 07:07 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

very nice I love MRM
Old 12-02-09, 07:07 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a nice color on the RX350. And your husband should have no problem at all with the ride - my back was surgically repaired as well, albeit perhaps it was a bit less serious, and the IS F's suspension isn't taking a toll on it.
Old 12-02-09, 07:44 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

cant get over how nice the matador red is on the RX. love the 19" rims too
Old 12-02-09, 07:52 PM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
Nice! How is the RX driving with the lower tire pressure?
It's a little better. I'm getting close to telling DH he'll have to suck it up. I like the handling.

Sandi
Old 12-02-09, 07:53 PM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FisforFast
That's a nice color on the RX350. And your husband should have no problem at all with the ride - my back was surgically repaired as well, albeit perhaps it was a bit less serious, and the IS F's suspension isn't taking a toll on it.
Yeah, but I ordered the Sport Suspension - so it IS definitely harsher than the regular RX350.

But the handling, especially in cornering, is significantly better with the sport package...

Sandi
Old 12-02-09, 07:54 PM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RXSF
cant get over how nice the matador red is on the RX. love the 19" rims too
I'd have been fine with 18" - but the sport Package had the 19" rims as part of it...and they are neat, true.

Sandi
Old 12-03-09, 03:42 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Sandi_k
It's a little better. I'm getting close to telling DH he'll have to suck it up. I like the handling.

Sandi
The handling is better in my book - nice and tight. While it's not the smoothest ride in the world, I wouldn't say it's that bad. Geez! Hey, whose car is it anyway
Old 12-03-09, 03:53 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Your new RX looks great, love the color, can't believe you had to wait 25 weeks !!
Old 12-03-09, 05:55 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Sandi_k, now looking rims. When the suspension wear in, it will soften up a bit.
Old 12-03-09, 06:47 AM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sandi,

I also have that rattle from the rear in my 2010 RX. Its coming from the cargo cover attached to the rear door by four or five clips. In mine, two of the clips came off. Howeve even if you attach the clips, it may still rattle. I simply remove the entire cover. I also remove the cover that pulls over. Both are additional weight I dont need.

If you want to retain the covers, you may be able to dampen the rattle. Somebody inserted a small rubber grommet or washer between the clip button and the fastener. Apparently these are vibrating and creating the rattle.
Old 12-03-09, 09:22 AM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LeoDLion
Sandi,

I also have that rattle from the rear in my 2010 RX. Its coming from the cargo cover attached to the rear door by four or five clips. In mine, two of the clips came off. Howeve even if you attach the clips, it may still rattle. I simply remove the entire cover. I also remove the cover that pulls over. Both are additional weight I dont need.

If you want to retain the covers, you may be able to dampen the rattle. Somebody inserted a small rubber grommet or washer between the clip button and the fastener. Apparently these are vibrating and creating the rattle.
Thanks, Leo. I was the one, lo these many months ago, who suggested the rubber grommet.

I have to have the covers - I live in a very urban area, and car break-ins are common. And the weight? Negligible.

Sandi
Old 12-03-09, 09:26 AM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kitlz
The handling is better in my book - nice and tight. While it's not the smoothest ride in the world, I wouldn't say it's that bad. Geez! Hey, whose car is it anyway
Yeah, well, I was hoping for something he was happy with as well. I burst into tears on Monday night when we had the conversation - I wanted this to be a "family" car that he loved too.

So, I do have a call into my salesman, just to discuss options. But, as I said, I'm inclined to tell DH to deal...if the suspension does loosen up, and I can swap out the tires after 1-2 years, I think it'll be ok.

Sandi

Last edited by Sandi_k; 12-03-09 at 09:31 AM.
Old 12-03-09, 09:30 AM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tromly
Your new RX looks great, love the color, can't believe you had to wait 25 weeks !!
I think it's an AWESOME color. But it seems that most Lexus owners want a "stealth" car, instead of one with COLOR.

But it wasn't the color that took 25 weeks - it was the Sport Package. It's only manufactured in Japan, and the special orders take longer. I was willing to wait for what I wanted....

Sandi
Old 12-03-09, 10:00 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Sandi_k
Yeah, well, I was hoping for something he was happy with as well. I burst into tears on Monday night when we had the conversation - I wanted this to be a "family" car that he loved too.

So, I do have a call into my salesman, just to discuss options. But, as I said, I'm inclined to tell DH to deal...if the suspension does loosen up, and I can swap out the tires after 1-2 years, I think it'll be ok.

Sandi
I was only busting you know what I have a sister with back problems, two surgeries. So I know how it is. IMO I doubt a tire change will make a big difference because the OE tires Lexus uses are more passenger like. I drove the 350 with the sport package back in July. It was similar to my 04 with the performance package. Hopefully what G Man said is true, it'll soften up. Best of luck.
Old 12-03-09, 10:21 AM
tazdevl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Sandi. The wait is finally over. I wanted Sports and Luxury. Since they're mutually exclusive, Luxury (for me anyway) had the stronger pull. Shame they don't offer both.

Quick Reply: Matador Red is Mine...