RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

2007 RX 350 Keyless Entry Programming?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-16, 07:17 AM
Bytheway
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 RX 350 Keyless Entry Programming?

My original master key keyless entry started failing one button at a time until none of the three worked. A new battery did not correct the problem.
Got an uncut master key with OEM electronics from eBay switched remote circuit boards and tried to program it. The led lights when a button is pushed.
After a lot of research (obviously not enough) I found the method on this forum involving opening and closing door and insert and remove key.

Tried at different times up to switching ignition on/off, once, twice,three times, and five times. Didn't work.
-Is there a way to clear the programming to start anew?
-Does the keyless only portion programming have to be dealer done?

Any help will be well appreciated
(the dealer is trying to get $600 from me for a new key)
Old 04-04-16, 09:25 AM
Bytheway
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hisstojay
I will advise you try to program using the Techstream software. You can buy it on Ebay; it's gonna save you greatly and besides you have the software for keep. $600 is huge...!!!!!
Thank you hisstojay

From what I can gather, that method is to program the chip for ignition.
I'm trying to find out if this model and year can be programmed for keyless entry.
Can someone clarify this from the instructions
"Within 40 seconds: Close and open driver’s door twice.
Insert the key into the ignition switch and close the driver’s door.
Switch ignition ON and OFF:
Once to program whilst retaining the original codes.
Twice to program whilst erasing the original codes.
Three times to check how many remotes are currently registered.
Five times to erase all registered codes.
Remove key from ignition switch.
"
(bytheway, that's Canadian $, still it is huge)
Old 04-05-16, 02:31 AM
hisstojay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Bytheway
Thank you hisstojay

From what I can gather, that method is to program the chip for ignition.
I'm trying to find out if this model and year can be programmed for keyless entry.
Can someone clarify this from the instructions
"Within 40 seconds: Close and open driver’s door twice.
Insert the key into the ignition switch and close the driver’s door.
Switch ignition ON and OFF:
Once to program whilst retaining the original codes.
Twice to program whilst erasing the original codes.
Three times to check how many remotes are currently registered.
Five times to erase all registered codes.
Remove key from ignition switch.
"
(bytheway, that's Canadian $, still it is huge)
I read from a piece online about keyless programming which stated that Lexus RX from 2006 or 2007 can only be programmed using the software; meaning the "door opening" method would not work. If I can get the piece of information again, I will post the link. Better still, I will find out for you. Thanks
Old 04-05-16, 04:32 PM
Bytheway
Driver School Candidate

I read from a piece online about keyless programming which stated that Lexus RX from 2006 or 2007 can only be programmed using the software; meaning the "door opening" method would not work. If I can get the piece of information again, I will post the link. Better still, I will find out for you. Thanks
I would really appreciate that.
As well as the software, maybe you could include which harness. There is so much confusion out there regarding the required hook up.

Thanks again
Old 04-06-16, 03:58 AM
Bytheway
Driver School Candidate

Yes I can confirm that Lexus models from 2007 (2007 RX inclusive) can be programmed using the software. The software is called Techstream by Toyota. It came with a USB connector (2016 TOYOTA TECHSTREAM TIS MINI OEM VCI LEXUS SCION DIAGNOSTIC SCANNE TOOL KIT). Below is the link on Ebay as well a video demonstration which I will PM you.

Kindly let me know if above are helpful, thanks
Thanks hisstojay
I'm going to order this and will post the results so that someone else may benefit from your helpfulness.
Thanks again
Old 04-06-16, 10:31 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Here's the link for Techstream

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfo...ite&_nfpb=true

Last edited by kickin8; 04-06-16 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-07-16, 12:10 AM
hisstojay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kickin8
Thanks.......
Old 04-25-16, 08:01 PM
Randytest
Driver School Candidate

Thanks hisstojay
I'm going to order this and will post the results so that someone else may benefit from your helpfulness.
Thanks again
Ive got the same problem. Did the Techstream program solve your problem for programming the door lock/unlock? Ive actually programmed the immobolizer portion with an adapter from amazon, but cant get my RX to go into programming mode for the locks.
Old 05-02-16, 09:15 AM
Bytheway
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Randytest
Ive got the same problem. Did the Techstream program solve your problem for programming the door lock/unlock? Ive actually programmed the immobolizer portion with an adapter from amazon, but cant get my RX to go into programming mode for the locks.
While I'm still waiting for the Techstream, here is what I am trying to accomplish.
My original fob started to fail one button at a time, the led wouldn't light, the last one was the "Panic". Changed the battery and no luck. The only way now is to use the key for entry and the lock switch or key to lock the car. The immobolizer works from the original.
I purchased an uncut key complete with an OEM chip. As you can see from the pic, it is exactly alike except for the "L" logo on the back. Just the "Entry Remotes" were swapped out (the led worked on the new chip). With the new chip and original immobolizer in my original key, tried the door open and close routine to no avail.
So now I wait and see if "Techstream" can help.
Any suggestions or questions welcomed.
Attached Thumbnails 2007 RX 350 Keyless Entry Programming?-key-fob.jpg  
Old 05-25-16, 11:17 PM
Bytheway
Driver School Candidate

Well the adapter with Techstream software finally arrived today (on a slow boat from china). Ordered Apr. 6, received May 25
I am going to figure it out and hopefully I can use my remote entry again.
Will post my results
Old 06-01-16, 12:47 PM
Bytheway
Driver School Candidate

After doing pirouettes while opening and closing doors, I finally solved it.
This is what worked for me using the used OEM key from eBay and the Techstream v10.30.029. Registering the Immobilizer was easy enough although you have time limits for performing tasks. I had one key and two "internals" so I had to swap them to register the eBay one. By the time I saw what I had to do and actually did it, time expired. After the third "retry" the immobilizer was registered.

Now for the wireless entry remote. Again the open and closing doors didn't work for me. Researching, I saw that for some models of Lexus, Techstream could program the wireless portion of the fob, but I couldn't find anything for 2007 RX 350.
Opened the program, connected the USB cable, scouring through the different tabs, I came across "Body". There it was, not to register the wireless, but to erase them.
There were 3 registered, erased all of them using the eBay fob by following on screen instructions. That action not only erased the 3 registered ones by previous owner, but by using the eBay one also registered it.

Conclusion: The "pirouettes" may work if you don't exceed the maximum to program the wireless entry, and "Techstream" can tell you how many are registered and is able to erase them.
Old 06-07-16, 11:07 PM
guyrat7
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I'm still waiting for the Techstream, here is what I am trying to accomplish.
My original fob started to fail one button at a time, the led wouldn't light, the last one was the "Panic". Changed the battery and no luck. The only way now is to use the key for entry and the lock switch or key to lock the car. The immobolizer works from the original.
I purchased an uncut key complete with an OEM chip. As you can see from the pic, it is exactly alike except for the "L" logo on the back. Just the "Entry Remotes" were swapped out (the led worked on the new chip). With the new chip and original immobolizer in my original key, tried the door open and close routine to no avail.
So now I wait and see if "Techstream" can help.
Any suggestions or questions welcomed.

Your photo shows 2 circuit boards. I read on ebay that you need to get the key's model number right, if not, the new key would not be compatible with the vehicle. My old key does not seem to have a model number (it might have been there and got erased through wear and tear maybe). how did you find the matching circuit? Thanks!!!
Old 06-08-16, 07:00 PM
Bytheway
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by guyrat7
Your photo shows 2 circuit boards. I read on ebay that you need to get the key's model number right, if not, the new key would not be compatible with the vehicle. My old key does not seem to have a model number (it might have been there and got erased through wear and tear maybe). how did you find the matching circuit? Thanks!!!
Hi guyrat7
My key didn't have a number on the outside either.
I'm pretty sure that if you search for your year and model number, you will find yours. Most eBay sellers, I think, have a "compatibility button" to make sure they match.

*note: the eBay key was a used OEM internals and after market shell and blank key

Good luck

Last edited by Bytheway; 06-08-16 at 07:44 PM.