I have my 04 RX330 close to 10 years now. It's been a wonderful 10 years with no major issues - well, except for brake switch going out couple of times, condensation in headlights, and backup camera going out once. All of which I gotten them fixed myself or via warranty. Very low mileages on the car - less than 43,000. I have done all the maintaining items on my own since my warranty expired few years back:
1) Synthetic oil change every 5,000 or less or once a year with Mobil EP
2) Oil filter change every 2500 miles or 6 months with OEM, Mobil, K&N, or PureOne filter
3) Drain and fill transmission oil with Toyota Type IV oil every 5,000 since 30,000 miles - 3 drain and fill so far. Will do another 3 drain and fill at 60K, 90K, 120K...
4) Regular brake jobs - brake pads, brake fluid flush every 2 years with OEM fluid
5) Steering fluid drain and fill every oil change since 25K with Mobil Synthetic ATF
6) Annual air filter inspection and cleaning if needed - K&N
7) Religiously adding Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner after every oil change
8) Coolant change out every 2-3 years with Toyota Super Long Life coolant
9) Change out rear differential oil with Mobile Synthetic gear oil twice 5,000 miles ago
10) PCV value change 5,000 miles ago
11) Religiously wash my car after every snow storm (salt) and wash undercarriage few time during the summer as well
I basically try to keep the car in as top shape as possible... Now come the question: should I follow the maintaining schedule base on time (8 or 10 years, something like that) and have my belt , water pump, alternator, and spark plugs change out? or should I wait till I hit 90K/120K?? which potentially be another 10 years. They are pretty expensive items and so far I don't have major issue with them. Base on visual inspection, the belt and all the part looks fine. No error code. The engine bay is a little loud when accelerating, just a little rattling (not sure if it's my mind screaming or it's always been that way). The car idle at 600-800rpm hot or cold very quietly.
Conditions: I live in NYC with lot of stop and go traffic. I also do a lot of 10 minutes or less commute at lease half a dozen time a week. No heavy tow, usually just 2 people in the car. Not much dust in my urban neighborhood.
Would like to hear what you guys think. Thanks in advance.