RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Does the 2008 RX 350 have an aux input for audio??

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-11, 06:28 AM
dyerfr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does the 2008 RX 350 have an aux input for audio??

We have just bought a 2008 RX 250 with the navigation system and 6 disc cd changer + tape player (deos anyone use those anymore???) .

We didn't get a manual with it, and for the life of me, I cannot find what I presume MUST be there - a 3.5mm aux input jack so my wife can play her music from the MP3 player she has...

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
dyerfr
Old 11-12-11, 06:34 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus!

Believe it or not, there is no AUX input.

Many people on here have installed third-party devices to add an aux input to the RX. Check out vaistech, if your looking into getting one of these devices.

Here's a diy (not mine, credit goes to lexuslover) :
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...-04-07-rx.html

Last edited by hypervish; 11-12-11 at 06:41 AM.
Old 11-13-11, 05:19 AM
jmc777
Driver School Candidate

I just installed this kit in my 2009 rx yesterday. Very easy and it works great with an ipod. I bought an old 2nd gen nano to live permanently in the car. This kit has aux input as well, but you lose the steering wheel controls and recharging. Check out the youtube video to get an idea of the installation difficulty.

http://gtacarkits.com/lexus_rx_2004_2009_car_kit.php

Last edited by jmc777; 11-13-11 at 05:20 AM. Reason: add link
Old 11-13-11, 06:01 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by dyerfr
We have just bought a 2008 RX 250 with the navigation system and 6 disc cd changer + tape player (deos anyone use those anymore???) .

We didn't get a manual with it, and for the life of me, I cannot find what I presume MUST be there - a 3.5mm aux input jack so my wife can play her music from the MP3 player she has...

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
dyerfr
Congratulations on the RX purchase and welcome to the forum. As a new owner you will find many of your questions answered here in these forums. There are a load of great forum members with answers so enjoy.

First, I can address the Aux Input question. There is no Aux Input in your RX for MP3 players. There are add-on devices to address this but they are relatively costly. You can try one of the inexpensive RF transmitter devices but their quality is hit or miss. They lack some audio quality and often suffer from interference but depending on specifically where you live, they may work well. Where I live they work fine as the radio spectrum is not crowded.

You can address your lack of a manual by going to the Lexus site [http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home] and registering your vehicle. You can order a free replacement manual there and they also have the manual available on-line in the form of several PDF's. Additionally, they have a record of the maintenance your Lexus has received.

Again, welcome to the forum and do enjoy all the resources available. These include discounts from several supporting vendors as well so don't forget to check them out.

Last edited by jfelbab; 11-13-11 at 06:11 AM.
Old 11-13-11, 06:13 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Welcome to CL dyefr. Unfortunately there is no aux input on the 2nd gen RX. But there are a few companies that sell kits. I'd recommend Vais. It's relatively inexpensive and customer support is excellent. I can't comment on install since I had an installer do it for me. But I've heard it's not too bad. Vais is a CL vendor so you can send a PM to them for more information. Good luck.
Old 11-13-11, 07:04 AM
tfischer

Received 192 Likes on 145 Posts

Or - use that tape deck and save a lot of money. I use the (still available) cassette adapters to connect my iPod or iPhone to the car's stereo system. Sure, you have a little wire coming out the front door of the slot where the tape goes in, but the audio is far better than those wireless FM adapters, and it hardly costs anything.
Old 11-13-11, 12:46 PM
koric
Driver

Originally Posted by tfischer
Or - use that tape deck and save a lot of money. I use the (still available) cassette adapters to connect my iPod or iPhone to the car's stereo system. Sure, you have a little wire coming out the front door of the slot where the tape goes in, but the audio is far better than those wireless FM adapters, and it hardly costs anything.
+1

Bought one at Frys for around $5 or $10. Easiest solution and it sounds great.
Old 11-16-11, 07:16 AM
x-tian-350
Rookie

Originally Posted by dyerfr

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
dyerfr
Welcome to the club. Just a heads up. I have a VaisTech SoundLinQ2 SL2i unit for sale. It fully intergrates your ipod into your factory head unit. Let me know if you are interested. Looking to get 80.00 for it.

Thanks again!
Old 11-16-11, 03:28 PM
RxInAtl
Driver School Candidate

Left you a PM.
Old 11-16-11, 03:44 PM
x-tian-350
Rookie

Originally Posted by RxInAtl
Left you a PM.
Just responded. Thanks
Old 11-17-11, 12:05 AM
ThaiBruin
Driver School Candidate

+1 too

Just got one from amazon for $5 and it sounds pretty good. When there's no music, you do hear a slight whirring from the "tape" spinning, but even that's barely noticeable.

Originally Posted by koric
+1

Bought one at Frys for around $5 or $10. Easiest solution and it sounds great.
Old 11-17-11, 06:36 AM
tfischer

Received 192 Likes on 145 Posts

Yes, sometimes when all is quiet inside the car, you can hear the device "spinning" inside the drive - my guess is that it is spinning its empty rollers because they engage when a cassette is inserted, and the device, even though it does not have tape, has to allow the motor to think it is driving a tape in order to keep the system engaged.
Old 12-29-12, 05:33 PM
Kmotoring
Driver School Candidate

The place we bought our USB / Bluetooth Integration kit for our 2006 RX350 also has a basic Lexus aux kit that adds a 3.5mm connection directly to the factory stereo for $90.
Old 12-31-12, 07:09 AM
takeshi74
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Our USA Spec interface includes an iPod/iPhone interface as well as an aux input. There are certainly plenty of other options out there as well.
Old 01-01-18, 08:52 AM
Kishanptl1
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ThaiBruin
+1 too

Just got one from amazon for $5 and it sounds pretty good. When there's no music, you do hear a slight whirring from the "tape" spinning, but even that's barely noticeable.
Does the audio sound good? Also could you give me the model of the product.

Quick Reply: Does the 2008 RX 350 have an aux input for audio??