RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Auto window up/down doesn't work - Driver side front

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-11, 07:09 PM
dcdyd
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Auto window up/down doesn't work - Driver side front

2008 RX350. Driver side front window can only be operated with manual up/down. Auto up/down doesn't work. All other three windows work fine. I did disconnect the battery terminal for more than 30 seocnds. After reconnect the battery and I performed initialization process, the rest three windows work fine. Just the driver side front window.

At the arm rest of the driver side door, there are fure switches, esch for one window. There is one indicator on each switch. The indicators for the rest three switches are solid. The indicator for the driver side front window is blinking.

Anyone has any clue about where the problem could be?
Old 04-15-11, 01:57 PM
dcdyd
Pole Position

Default Resolved

After several failed tries in resetting/Reinitializing the driver side window, I decided to visit Lexus dealer for the warranty repair. I had another issue 'seat memory position #2 doesn't work'. Two issuea are worth a dealer visit.

After 30 minutes, they told me that the master switch inside the driver's window needs to be reprogrammed in order to fix the issue. This is certianly covered by warranty. This is the first time I learn that a particular device in addition to the main control unit (MCU) needs to be re-programmed. I think that this is a mulfunctional chip which gets replaced. But the dealer said 're-programming'. I just don't think that it makes sense.

By the way, they said that both issues for the window and the seat position are due to the same reason.

Does anyone have the same experience?
Old 04-15-11, 10:01 PM
salimshah
Forum Moderator

Received 1,098 Likes on 988 Posts

Originally Posted by dcdyd
After several failed tries in resetting/Reinitializing the driver side window, I decided to visit Lexus dealer for the warranty repair. I had another issue 'seat memory position #2 doesn't work'. Two issuea are worth a dealer visit.

After 30 minutes, they told me that the master switch inside the driver's window needs to be reprogrammed in order to fix the issue. This is certianly covered by warranty. This is the first time I learn that a particular device in addition to the main control unit (MCU) needs to be re-programmed. I think that this is a mulfunctional chip which gets replaced. But the dealer said 're-programming'. I just don't think that it makes sense.

By the way, they said that both issues for the window and the seat position are due to the same reason.

Does anyone have the same experience?
The only reprogramming I know of is to hold the button up and down, till the glass moves all the way up or down. It may be worthwhile to ask the service rep .. what other programming they did.

Salim
Old 04-16-11, 05:33 AM
dcdyd
Pole Position

They told me that they need to take the switch out for re-programming. I am computer engineer and understand what he means for 're-programming' which is to reflash the program into the chip. I also asked whether there is a programmable chip in the switch he said yes. ANd he said that is the reason they need to take the switch out.

I check the repair manual and didn't see anywhere mentioning re-programming in additional to reset/initialization. I suspect that hey had to change something and didn;t really want to talk about it.