RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Please help: 4 indicators on dash come up @ same time

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-10, 05:22 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Kostyan
took the wifey's RX for a spin and encountered the lights: the ABS, emergency brake, VSC, and low tire pressure were on. The low tire pressure was blinking, others were steady on. Restarted her up and they went away. Went to Autozone and just like madyfig said, no codes.

Low tire pressure should not trigger other lights to come on.
Kostyan, since you have a Certified Lexus, schedule an appointment if have not and so you can get the 4 light issue resolved. The dealer told me it will take about an hour to get it resolved (or at least tell you what the issue is).

I am leaning towards a BRAKE switch issue. But this symptom is unlike what is stated on the brake switch recall.

However I recall reading posts on dashboard lights being on on account of the brake light switch.

And let us know please. Thanks.
Old 06-04-12, 10:02 AM
ataie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

exact same problem here -

it happens ONLY when going over railroad tracks, or hitting a bump on the road. turn the car off and back on and everything is off until the next bump.

for lights are brake, ASC, abs, TPM. all steady except the tPM flashing. tire pressure is fine. obviously something is loose, and gets reset by turning the car off and back on.

thanks
Old 02-05-16, 11:31 AM
gilfix1
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a series of lights come up on the dash of my 06 RX330. It's happened twice. Turned off the ignition and the lights disappeared. 3 times is a trend...not good. Anyone find a fix for this problem?
Old 02-21-16, 07:36 AM
rebecca
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Kostyan, since you have a Certified Lexus, schedule an appointment if have not and so you can get the 4 light issue resolved. The dealer told me it will take about an hour to get it resolved (or at least tell you what the issue is).

I am leaning towards a BRAKE switch issue. But this symptom is unlike what is stated on the brake switch recall.

However I recall reading posts on dashboard lights being on on account of the brake light switch.

And let us know please. Thanks.
New here and I've never had problems before now with my 2005 RX330 that has 84K miles. As previous posters have mentioned, tire pressure, ABS, Brake and VSC lights go on after I have been driving about 15 minutes. Once I turn car off, they go off. I called Lexus and they said the lights have to be on for them to do diagnostic check. Dealership is an hour away and this has only happened twice. My concern is taking a cross-country trip and running into bigger problems en route. Has anyone determined if a faulty brake switch is to blame? If not, what is the solution?
Thank you for any insight you may have!
Old 02-21-16, 08:39 AM
LSBen
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It would be a good idea to buy a code reader to read the codes to diagnose your car's issues. Once you have the code, then you can research the problem on this forum or online. On a car that old, you'll be using it a lot. You can get them for under $100. Or take it to a autoparts store and ask if they can read the codes for you. I believe some stores will read them from free. But not here in CA.
Old 02-21-16, 08:51 AM
rebecca
5th Gear

How come an auto parts supply can check the code but Lexus said the lights must be active to read the code? Or do the lights have to be lit for anyone to check what is occurring? I appreciate that I should buy a reader but the reality is that both my DH and I are mechanically-challenged and Lexus probably love$ to see us walking in their door to have something fixed that is pretty simple.
Thank you for your thoughts.
Old 02-21-16, 11:52 AM
litzdog911
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rebecca
How come an auto parts supply can check the code but Lexus said the lights must be active to read the code? Or do the lights have to be lit for anyone to check what is occurring? I appreciate that I should buy a reader but the reality is that both my DH and I are mechanically-challenged and Lexus probably love$ to see us walking in their door to have something fixed that is pretty simple.
Thank you for your thoughts.
Most codes are retained in the car's memory for a while, even if the Check Engine light goes out. An auto parts store will use their code reader to read them for free. Post back any codes here and folks can let you know if it's something simple (e.g. loose gas cap), or something that requires a service visit.
Old 02-21-16, 12:22 PM
rebecca
5th Gear

It sounds like it might not be the worst idea to tighten my gas cap, just to be sure that isn't setting it off.
During my last oil change they found that the rear axle seal has slight seepage and should be checked at the next oil change and the rear brakes will need to be changed soon. I have been wondering if this is the time to trade-in but I am not sure if I am wild about all of the extra bells and whistles on the new RX or NX. The new models seem to have extreme angled headrests which are not comfortable if you are 5'4".

Thank you for your help!!