RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

DVD player and Navigation bypass

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-09, 08:00 AM
rxovermdx
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DVD player and Navigation bypass

hey guys, is there a way to play DVD movies on the DVD nav. unit, and to play it on the navigation screen? Also how do you deactivate the navigation so that you can program while the car is moving?
Old 10-14-09, 11:26 AM
Jprx350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rxovermdx
hey guys, is there a way to play DVD movies on the DVD nav. unit, and to play it on the navigation screen? Also how do you deactivate the navigation so that you can program while the car is moving?
hello,

try searching, this topic beens dicuss all over.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...available.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...le-moving.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ypass-diy.html
Old 10-16-09, 05:17 AM
rxovermdx
Driver

Default Lockpick vs. PS

Thanks for the leads. It seems to me that installing PS would be a fairly big job. Certainly I plan to have it installed at a audio shop..even that I am leary about. Last thing I want is any complications from the installation. BY the way, mine is 08' with nav but no DVD/ML.

I like to hear feedback from anyone who had it installed. Thanks.
Old 10-17-09, 10:36 PM
Jprx350
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the leads. It seems to me that installing PS would be a fairly big job. Certainly I plan to have it installed at a audio shop..even that I am leary about. Last thing I want is any complications from the installation. BY the way, mine is 08' with nav but no DVD/ML.

I like to hear feedback from anyone who had it installed. Thanks.
Mark from PS installed mine personally because i was the test car for hi Rx model. i also saw the way he did it. i was very simple! you probably only need a screw driver and a rachet wrench. If you buy the kit from him, i think he will include detail pictures of the install. I think its the best investment for my car. After the install i really like to drive my car now that everything is working the was i like.
Old 10-18-09, 09:19 AM
rxovermdx
Driver

Thanks for info. Jprx350.. By the way, did yours rx come with DVD factory player and if not, how do you play DVD movies with PS?
Old 10-19-09, 05:48 AM
Jprx350
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for info. Jprx350.. By the way, did yours rx come with DVD factory player and if not, how do you play DVD movies with PS?
My system is the lexus gps with M/L. The front unit can play dvd disc that load six of them. however you can only watch it when the vehicle is park and the emergency brake is press down. With the PS, it overide all the features of the unit, from the bluetooth phone, dvd player, to the cd/mp3 music files selection and the gps. all of this is overide with the unit and can be preform while the vehicle is in motion.
Old 10-19-09, 11:17 AM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

if you have no ML and no dvd player (other than the navi dvd reader) you won't be able to play dvds with the PS kit. You might be able to get an ipod adapapter kit for example that would play ipod video on the screen, but that's not what the PS kit does (in a non ML car). the kit will unlock the navi and phone while you are moving tho.