RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Good seat covers for Rx350??

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-08, 07:58 PM
blacksedan
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good seat covers for Rx350??

I've been googling for some seat covers for the Rx350 but cant seem to find any decent ones. Most are low grade or ricey looking. Anyone have any good decent ones they can recommend?
Old 05-13-08, 07:28 AM
banjo
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why in the world would you want to put seat covers on your beautiful RX 350 seats ?? Why don't you just enjoy them ??
Old 05-13-08, 10:28 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by banjo
Why in the world would you want to put seat covers on your beautiful RX 350 seats ?? Why don't you just enjoy them ??
maybe he doesnt want them to get dirty? anyways there are good ones out there you just need to look. make sure though if you do get them that they are are compatible with the power seat controls. many universal ones, cover that up.
Old 05-13-08, 10:34 AM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

people who own Lexuses don't usually go to dirty places
Old 05-13-08, 10:36 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by lu1de
Ha,ha,ha
Old 05-13-08, 07:35 PM
blacksedan
Lead Lap

just protecting it from the daily wear and to prevent the jeans coloring from rubbing off on the seats.
Old 05-14-08, 03:08 PM
Who_Me
Rookie

Default No such thing

Originally Posted by blacksedan
I've been googling for some seat covers for the Rx350 but cant seem to find any decent ones. Most are low grade or ricey looking. Anyone have any good decent ones they can recommend?
Good looking seat cover is an oxymoron. I have never seen any that didn't look cheap and disgusting. Maybe a set of European sheepskins would work for you but I don't know how they are with static electricity. I find it easier to just clean and preserve the seats with a good product. I have found that the leather cleaners/preservatives that you get at a good furniture store to be better than the conventional auto products. Find a place that sells Natuzzi leather sofas and chairs and get some there. If you buy a chair, they will even throw in the care kit for free.

By the way, if the dyes in your jeans are coming off on your leather seats, think about what they are doing to your body. Maybe you should get some Butt Covers too.
Old 05-14-08, 03:16 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts

Enjoy your seats. If you cover them up you are just protecting them for the next owner who I guarantee will pull the seat covers off.
Old 05-17-08, 09:12 PM
grouch
Driver

What ever covers you get, be sure they are made to comply with the side air bags.

I have also been looking for seat covers so I can put some foam on the seat to reduce the "firmness".

I have seen a post here where the owner had a "bikini" (?) top and full seat cover which avoids the air bags.
Old 05-17-08, 10:16 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If you are concerned about staining the seats with the dye from your clothing (I assume you have the "Ivory" interior like mine), stay away from cheap leather treatments that may dissolve the dye out of your clothes. Regular application of a good saddle soap followed by a good conditioner will keep them looking great for years.

I once had a beautiful custom white Egyptian Cotton shirt ruined by some detailer slathering the (red "heavy-duty" vinyl) interior of my Suburban with Armorall. Drove 200 miles the next day to a wedding in Austin after hanging my coat on a hanger in the back, to arrive with a pink shirt. Well, at least only the back was pink, and it was hidden by my suit coat. The stain never came out, and the shirt was ruined. One expensive shirt reduced to a dust cloth.
Old 05-19-08, 03:31 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lu1de
dirt happens......

Originally Posted by Who_Me
Good looking seat cover is an oxymoron. I have never seen any that didn't look cheap and disgusting. Maybe a set of European sheepskins would work for you but I don't know how they are with static electricity. I find it easier to just clean and preserve the seats with a good product. I have found that the leather cleaners/preservatives that you get at a good furniture store to be better than the conventional auto products. Find a place that sells Natuzzi leather sofas and chairs and get some there. If you buy a chair, they will even throw in the care kit for free.

By the way, if the dyes in your jeans are coming off on your leather seats, think about what they are doing to your body. Maybe you should get some Butt Covers too.
i dont think all seat covers look cheap. there are good ones out there. if i was to keep my rx for a few more years seat covers would cover up all the wrinkles in the seast now. Plus, not all jeans are prewashed. many jeans are "raw" and unwshed hence dye coming off is a real possiblity.
Originally Posted by Lil4X
If you are concerned about staining the seats with the dye from your clothing (I assume you have the "Ivory" interior like mine), stay away from cheap leather treatments that may dissolve the dye out of your clothes. Regular application of a good saddle soap followed by a good conditioner will keep them looking great for years.

I once had a beautiful custom white Egyptian Cotton shirt ruined by some detailer slathering the (red "heavy-duty" vinyl) interior of my Suburban with Armorall. Drove 200 miles the next day to a wedding in Austin after hanging my coat on a hanger in the back, to arrive with a pink shirt. Well, at least only the back was pink, and it was hidden by my suit coat. The stain never came out, and the shirt was ruined. One expensive shirt reduced to a dust cloth.
armorall isnt very good for car seats.....plus i hate how most leather cleaners make the seats very slick and slippery.
Old 04-25-14, 12:50 PM
Pauleeet
Driver School Candidate

Default 2010 Lexus RX 350 Seats

Hello, I have a Lexus RX350. The car is great, but the seat starts to become uncomfortable after long drives. Is there any seat cushion or seat cover out there to use? I would hate to buy some of those cheap looking inserts.
Old 04-25-14, 03:07 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Pauleeet
Hello, I have a Lexus RX350. The car is great, but the seat starts to become uncomfortable after long drives. Is there any seat cushion or seat cover out there to use? I would hate to buy some of those cheap looking inserts.
you need to readjust your seats.....