RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Got it!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-05, 06:53 PM
flatfoot
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got it!!

Hello to all,

Went to the dealership to pick up the white RX400h and lo and behold........it was parked alongside a silver one. We (Mrs Flatfoot and I) looked and looked and decided that we preferred the silver color over the white although they both looked great.

We informed the salesman of our observations and he tells us that they had a silver/ash offloaded from a carrier just today! We looked at it all wrapped up in plastic and pulled it around alongside the white one and looked and looked some more, and decided on the silver. The salesman was great about it and It took the dealership about 3.5 hours to get the silver ready for delivery, and that is the one we took home today.

Driving impressions on the 23 mile drive home are that:
It is a pretty quick SUV for a 6 cylinder
I will have a little learning curve to master the best mileage techniques (not that Mrs Flatfoot will bother with that)
The stereo is good (ML)
The information screen is interesting
It rides very well and is very comfortable and quiet
It feels like a well built vehicle,.... very solid.
It is smooth but you do feel some harshness over rough surfaces
Overall, very nice.

And so the adventure begins.

I did purchase a 7 year/100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, zero deductible for $1500.00.
This was probably a waste of money but it did offer additional piece of mind, what with all the extra electronics, navigation, etc, etc.

Gently to you all,

Flatfoot
Central Florida east
Old 06-08-05, 08:26 PM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats! Enjoy your ride. I also saw a silver RX400h the other day. The silver color and the LED taillights really gives the RX400h a futuristic concept-car look. The white one is nice, but somehow it looks like a GE Profile microwave oven on wheels to me. My personal favorite is gold.

True, chances are extended warranty is a waste of money, but if that gives you peace of mind, by all means get it.

Some complained about loud whining sound when braking, did you and Mrs. FF hear it?
Old 06-09-05, 09:29 AM
BrickHead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some complained about loud noise when accelerating from 0 to highway speeds. Do you hear it in your vehicle? I want to test drive one now..

Last edited by BrickHead; 06-09-05 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-09-05, 02:23 PM
flatfoot
Driver

HarrierAWD & BrickHead,

There is some noise when accelerating and slowing down. When you accelerate, you can hear and feel the engine and the motors working. It is an interesting sound and not bothersome. When you are slowing for a stop and you are coasting, the last 25 - 50 yards there is a turbine kind of sound, because the engine has shut off. When you have stopped, there is silence other than the a/c and stereo noise. Starting up from a stop you have the noise from the engine and motors again. I notice that as I'm cruising along, that the engine and motors kick on and off working in conjunction with eah other to supply the most efficient power to the drivewheels. When you are at highway speeds, the ride is very quiet and smooth.

The noises associated with driving this car are not worth worrying about.

If you drive one I think you'll agree.

My wife drove the car all day today (we did buy it for her) and she phoned me and advised that she loves this car!

Case Closed!

Go Gently,

Flatfoot
Old 06-10-05, 08:08 AM
Ultrasonic
Rookie

Congratulations! Use it in good health. Post photos flatfoot!!