RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

UPDATE: Transmission & Hatch Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-04, 01:29 AM
LeXusBoy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE: Transmission & Hatch Issues

I could have swarn I posted this in a new thread. Sorry if it's old or anything, but maybe it will be of some use to someone. (where I accidently posted it: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=116369)

My mom's RX330 was experiencing the transmission issue so we brought it to Lexus Of Thousand Oaks (there service is all right but we though Keys was better when we had our RX300) and mentioned we needed the software upgrade. Well they checked and we have the latest version. Uh oh . They cleared the learned transmission memory and the problem went away. Well yesterday it came back so we called them up and told them. They said "bring it in." My mom really didn't have time for this (really busy week) and she told them they should have fixed it the first time and that they need to come to our house and pick it up. Well surprisingly they sent a tech out here (this morning) and he looked at it (Props for that!). He let my mom drive his slightly used RX330 and his has a slight bump where ours has a more noticeable one (between RPM-RPM when pulling off from a complete stop). He said it becomes less noticeable as the transmission learns your driving style. He also said the transmission's memory is erased every time you get gas...is that true? Hope that is helpful to you guys.

Now for the hatch. We have been having the intermittent problem with the automatic hatch not working. I know people have told the dealer what part to order to fix this but the dealer has turned them down saying they need proof it is broken. Well we tried this and they said they have to check the hatch. I guess they found something because they ordered the part for us. Today the tech also checked it out and he confirmed it is a computer problem. He also says if you open the hatch manually (who doesn't) and then try to close it, the computer may become confused....damn computers.

The only bad thing from all this is there is a big gash out of the rear bumper...hum.
Hope this helps, if you have any more questions I will try to answer them.