RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

OEM Parts Online

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-16, 06:23 PM
donner454
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Parts Online

Do you guys have a one stop shop place online you get OEM parts from?

I need 2 knock sensors, 1 harness and will replace other things while I'm in there - spark plugs, updated rear valve cover
Old 09-07-16, 06:38 AM
Drcoffee
Intermediate

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

you can go to any online Lexus dealers site for parts, get the part numbers and search the part number on Ebay for big discounts. try www.parkplacelexusparts.com

example: I just bought (2) OCVs OEM Toyota brand for $35 each shipped. That's equal to the price of the Dorman aftermarket parts and half what Lexus charges online and probably a fraction of what a local dealership would charge.

There are dealers with lots of parts sitting on their shelves they wont sell locally and are tying up cash they cant spend on newer parts. So they offload them on Ebay for cost or just above. Ebay, the supermarket to the world.

For things like spark plugs, check out rockauto.com they have Denso parts like plugs and O2 sensors really inexpensive compared to brick and mortar shops.

Check out my project thread page 2 where I list all the parts I used and where they came from plus the shipped price.

Last edited by Drcoffee; 09-07-16 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-07-16, 08:15 AM
fastnoypi
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Drcoffee
you can go to any online Lexus dealers site for parts, get the part numbers and search the part number on Ebay for big discounts. try www.parkplacelexusparts.com
+1 there are a few Lexus dealerships that have online sales on Ebay, if you buy enough things from them, they can sometimes give you discounts on unlisted items that typically are retail over the counter.

Superstition Springs Lexus and Lexus of South Atlanta have helped me out many times. www.sslexus.com and www.lexussouthatlantaparts.com

Old 09-08-16, 03:30 PM
hsmac
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by donner454
Do you guys have a one stop shop place online you get OEM parts from?

I need 2 knock sensors, 1 harness and will replace other things while I'm in there - spark plugs, updated rear valve cover
it depends on what you're buying and what value propositions you seek (price, shipping, reliability...)

I will not recommend rockauto anymore after their terrible customer service. ebay is an auction/market site so you could end up with a great deal if you want to put in the effort. amazon is similar to ebay without the auction feature. the dealer (or should i say toyota not lexus) is good for parts that don't cost much or fluids (or if you need the part asap). if you're buying a more expensive part, it would be practical to spend more time researching and search for a better deal. anywhere else and you'll most likely be wasting your time.

Last edited by hsmac; 09-12-16 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-12-16, 06:03 PM
hsmac
Pole Position

i received a large order i made with rockauto some aftermarket parts either did not fit well or did not fit at all. rockauto's customer service was arguably the worst i've ever experienced. their website said that i had to pay for the return shipping even though I indicated that the part did not fit and their policy says that they would cover the costs in the event of fitment issues. when i called them, they were extremely condescending and in "disbelief" that the part did not fit even though we know from forums and reviews on other websites that issues like these are common. They said they'd refund me shipping costs if I were able to prove to them that the part doesn't fit (they required many steps), and said I'd still have to pay for shipping again to get a different part out, which would be another $6. the part itself only costed $3 and I could've chosen the denso for $5. they did not care at all how much inconvenience they caused and even wanted me to do the labor all over again a second time just to get a picture of the old part and the new part together for comparison. the supervisor was even worse and said he was "humoring me" by even talking to me about it.

i know you said oem parts, but in general i'd still stay away from rockauto. trying to figure out shipping costs there is always a PITA as well.
Old 09-13-16, 06:11 AM
fastnoypi
Racer

Originally Posted by hsmac
i know you said oem parts, but in general i'd still stay away from rockauto. trying to figure out shipping costs there is always a PITA as well.
I'm not sure if you are serious about how to find out shipping costs. Their site is easy to use. Putting in your zip code calculates your shipping cost.

As far as the aftermarket parts that did not fit for you, please comment on those specific parts and known part numbers on my "Aftermarket parts use/review" thread. You can possibly save some members time and money on parts that definitely don't fit or have poor longevity quality.
Old 09-13-16, 10:58 PM
hsmac
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fastnoypi
I'm not sure if you are serious about how to find out shipping costs. Their site is easy to use. Putting in your zip code calculates your shipping cost.

As far as the aftermarket parts that did not fit for you, please comment on those specific parts and known part numbers on my "Aftermarket parts use/review" thread. You can possibly save some members time and money on parts that definitely don't fit or have poor longevity quality.
the problem is their parts come from different places so you could end up paying 4 different shipping costs for 4 items. if that isn't confusing and painful enough to try to group items together, the entire shipment can get thrown off and the shipment locations will change on you as add more parts. i would waste a lot of time just trying to figure out shipping and if i could even get the parts i wanted shipped together.

the part that really did not fit was for a different vehicle.
Old 09-15-16, 05:24 AM
fastnoypi
Racer

Originally Posted by hsmac
the problem is their parts come from different places so you could end up paying 4 different shipping costs for 4 items. if that isn't confusing and painful enough to try to group items together, the entire shipment can get thrown off and the shipment locations will change on you as add more parts. i would waste a lot of time just trying to figure out shipping and if i could even get the parts i wanted shipped together.

the part that really did not fit was for a different vehicle.
yeah, i agree about the shipping costs per different warehouses though i've never had to pay for shipping from more than 2 different warehouses even with attempting to get alot of parts for 3 different cars at the same time. I still dont know how you waste time figuring out shipping because they itemize it in the cart before you check out and group the parts by warehouse location with and A/B/C designation. ..but whatever. If you choose to use Rock Auto again, to guarantee that parts will only be sent for your specific vehicles, you can enter your VIN numbers in a profile. The form will warn you before you complete the order that a part will not fit. Even if its sent to you, you have a better chance of arguing that you provided that info and they will give you a prepaid RMA return label.