Neeed iacv - Club Lexus Forums


Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003)
Log In 

Neeed iacv

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-14, 09:48 AM   #1
DeadRX
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 65
Default Neeed iacv

Hey guys--help please!

IACV definitely needs to be replaced.

Parts store wants 300 for one. Mechanic said look online.

Rock auto, the most expensive is 140, but how do I know it's the right one with all the correct...HOW DO I KNOW ITS NOT MISSING ANYTHING

Would anyone be able to help verify, or help with a website they know sells our IACV. Even to overnight the sucker, it's less than 300 from what I'm looking at.

Guys, any response today Friday would help me so much!

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?ck[ID]=0&ck[idlist]=0&ck[viewcurrency]=USD&ck[PHP_SESSION_ID]=fjaedsub5rf7vtgk6tnkpiht40

http://www.**********.com/basket.php...0Detail%20Page

that's parts train ^^

Let me know..
Thank you!
DeadRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-14, 10:09 AM   #2
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: texas
Posts: 285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadRX View Post
Hey guys--help please!

IACV definitely needs to be replaced.

Parts store wants 300 for one. Mechanic said look online.

Rock auto, the most expensive is 140, but how do I know it's the right one with all the correct...HOW DO I KNOW ITS NOT MISSING ANYTHING

Would anyone be able to help verify, or help with a website they know sells our IACV. Even to overnight the sucker, it's less than 300 from what I'm looking at.

Guys, any response today Friday would help me so much!

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?ck[ID]=0&ck[idlist]=0&ck[viewcurrency]=USD&ck[PHP_SESSION_ID]=fjaedsub5rf7vtgk6tnkpiht40

http://www.**********.com/basket.php...0Detail%20Page

that's parts train ^^

Let me know..
Thank you!
OK go to rock auto, go to parts search type in "ac280" go to parts category scroll down to fuel/air and hit search, that is the part you need it's 125.79$ good luck!
AnthonyMtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-14, 10:26 AM   #3
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: texas
Posts: 285
Default

Also it has all the parts necessary For installation, when you remove it save the 4 Philip head screws for the new one, also their will be a gasket off the old one you can re-use the hardest part is removing the throttle body. If you are changing the iacv you might as well give the throttle body a good scrubbing from the carbon build up. Good luck mate
AnthonyMtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-14, 12:56 PM   #4
DeadRX
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 65
Default

You must've posted that while I was at the mechanic on his computer on Rock Auto..

Thanks for your prompt response. She is now at the mechanic for the weekend. I even called Rock Auto because I selected overnight, but I told them I am sorry for calling on a friday and I understand they give one business day to their warehouse, if there was any way they could get it out today I'd much appreciate it.

So...yeah $139.09

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMtz View Post
OK go to rock auto, go to parts search type in "ac280" go to parts category scroll down to fuel/air and hit search, that is the part you need it's 125.79$ good luck!
DeadRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-14, 12:57 PM   #5
DeadRX
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 65
Default

Three weeks ago I cleaned the TB and IACV, but continued to experience weird starts/rough idles. Hence why I am replacing IACV now! Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll clean some gunk out from the other end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMtz View Post
Also it has all the parts necessary For installation, when you remove it save the 4 Philip head screws for the new one, also their will be a gasket off the old one you can re-use the hardest part is removing the throttle body. If you are changing the iacv you might as well give the throttle body a good scrubbing from the carbon build up. Good luck mate
DeadRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-14, 01:50 PM   #6
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: texas
Posts: 285
Default

Yes! Indeed glad to hear you got to get the parts!!, and yes its alway good to clean a few other things while it is already out. It wouldn't hurt anyone lol, and not a problem I try to help as quickly as possible because I know people love their Rx and want to get their transportation back on the road!
AnthonyMtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 02:44 PM   #7
Briand_OH
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OH
Posts: 84
Default

Data Pt:

I bought a IAC at Toyota dealer years ago. Can't recall the price, but wasn't Lexus caliber. No problems, but getting Phillips screws out was not fun in single digit temps.....
Briand_OH is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AC Condenser Rock Damage Lavrishevo LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) 3 02-18-14 07:08 PM
2007 IS250 oil filter rocks911 IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 9 03-04-11 04:10 PM
Review of A1 Cardone Waterpump lancematic IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 1 01-07-11 07:59 PM
Sourcing a proper gasket kit 2JZGE LeeSC300 Performance & Maintenance 2 09-27-10 11:17 PM
Trunk Struts Buying question nfordhk SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000) 7 09-27-09 08:57 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:22 PM.

Copyright © 2000-2015 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS