RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Driver Side Leather Seat Not Holding Up

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-16, 10:32 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

"After my repair, I had to change the way I get in the car. I make sure I do not touch the bolster getting in. One thing that helped was programming seat position 3 as the seat pushed back and the back pushed back. Then programmed unlocking the car as being equal to seat position 3. So when I get out of the car, I lock it. When I unlock the car, the seat goes all the way back for maximum room getting in and not touching the bolster. It's working for me. Good luck with the district manager."

I think we would all agree that one shouldn't have to do that in a $50k+ car. Shame on Lexus for that.
Old 08-08-16, 09:01 PM
RCtoy321
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well they finally replaced the seat. It was about a two month process from the time I initially took it in to get an answer. Told the Service Manager that I was not happy with the service. I even took in this thread to help make my case and stated that he didn't need it and he was fairly sure that they would cover it. Overall I am just glad they eventually took care of it and its all better now!
Old 08-09-16, 09:31 AM
Thayios
Rookie

I've been watching this thread and have been paying very close attention to the sides (even my passengers) to see what is happening. So far so good, I've just used Chemical Guys products on it to keep it moisturized and so far it's been good.

I'm glad you got your seat replaced, I would have been livid.
Old 08-09-16, 01:41 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by RCtoy321
Well they finally replaced the seat. It was about a two month process from the time I initially took it in to get an answer. Told the Service Manager that I was not happy with the service. I even took in this thread to help make my case and stated that he didn't need it and he was fairly sure that they would cover it. Overall I am just glad they eventually took care of it and its all better now!
That good to know! I was going to get my seats upholstered myself. I figured this would be considered wear and tear. But if Lexus will replace it then I'll go that route...
Old 08-09-16, 02:00 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Poqman
I'm sorry it happened to you, but glad it wasn't just me. I'm careful getting in and out and don't understand why this happened. I have a friend with a Corvette and the bolsters on his car rotate towards the door when the key turns off so it's not an obstacle getting in or out. That looks like a solution. I have programmed the third seat position to lean the seat back and retract for exiting the car. Position 1 returns it for driving. I would love this to be automatic. Crazy that this is a feature on my 2012 RX350 and not the RC.
I was already doing this before I noticed the wear on my bolster. But I guess I wasn't making it go back far enough. I had the seat going back because I had trouble getting in and out due to the door being so close when the seat was closer to the steering wheel. I'm often parked next to other cars and can only open the door a limited distance. These long doors make it hard to open them very much.
Old 02-25-17, 02:32 PM
PAPI007
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi all, My F-sport seat is starting to peel along the side bolster. The dealership agreed to take one from another car and replace mine with it. Should I accept this or demand a new one be ordered? Just curious of your thoughts.
Old 02-25-17, 08:06 PM
RCtoy321
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PAPI007
Hi all, My F-sport seat is starting to peel along the side bolster. The dealership agreed to take one from another car and replace mine with it. Should I accept this or demand a new one be ordered? Just curious of your thoughts.
It's your call really. If you would be happy with that then I would take it. If it was me personally, I don't think it would bother me as long as its not coming out of a used vehicle and it still looks like its in good shape.
Old 02-27-17, 01:20 PM
PAPI007
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RCtoy321
It's your call really. If you would be happy with that then I would take it. If it was me personally, I don't think it would bother me as long as its not coming out of a used vehicle and it still looks like its in good shape.
Thanks for the response. I spoke with the dealer and he said they were going to take the whole seat out of one car and swap it with mine.
Old 02-27-17, 01:29 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PAPI007
Thanks for the response. I spoke with the dealer and he said they were going to take the whole seat out of one car and swap it with mine.
That's odd... So are they going to sell the other car with a damaged seat or order a new seat for the other car?
Old 02-27-17, 03:45 PM
PAPI007
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Davew77
That's odd... So are they going to sell the other car with a damaged seat or order a new seat for the other car?
That's what it looks like. I'm not for sure what they are going to do with the seat after they remove it. I guess they are doing anything as fast as possible to accommodate me since my family is well known at the dealership as we have purchased over 15 Lexus vehicles over the last 3 years.