RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

What is going on with the RC?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-14, 07:31 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default What is going on with the RC?

I went to Sewell Lexus on Monday to have my car serviced. I wanted to see the RC. They are being advertised in TV ads and on billboards in Dallas.

They list several in inventory, yet I didn't see one in the showroom or anywhere on the lot. Also, I expected lots of new buyers in CL but have only seen a few. Is it because there are no discounts right now?
Old 11-27-14, 05:34 AM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I think those inventories are a regional inventory and not necessarily on the dealer's lot. My dealer in Mass now has an inventory of what's in their yard which they did not have before.

Originally Posted by dseag2
I went to Sewell Lexus on Monday to have my car serviced. I wanted to see the RC. They are being advertised in TV ads and on billboards in Dallas.

They list several in inventory, yet I didn't see one in the showroom or anywhere on the lot. Also, I expected lots of new buyers in CL but have only seen a few. Is it because there are no discounts right now?
Old 11-27-14, 06:58 AM
tfischer

Received 192 Likes on 145 Posts

My dealer got two delivered on about the 10th. I bought one of them right away, and the other one (white) went into the showroom. My salesman, with whom I have been discussing this for months, says that deliveries will be slow, and most dealers won't have much of an inventory for quite a while, as they will probably be going out the door as fast as they are arriving on the lot. For this reason, swapping between dealers will be rare, so buyers will either have to be patient and wait for the color and the configuration they want, or they will have to settle. I got lucky and got exactly what I wanted right away (Infrared/AWD/luxury Pkg/NAV/and just about everything else and no ML). I felt like I do at the airport when my bag is the first or second to drop down to the carousel.
PS: It's worth waiting for. This car is a great joy to drive, handles extremely well, corners like a cat on velcro and is very comfortable. I don't know about the other colors, but the RC in Infrared really turns heads, and I've had a lot of spontaneous compliments. Come spring, I may not even miss the SC.
Old 11-27-14, 05:02 PM
Poqman
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by tfischer
PS: It's worth waiting for. This car is a great joy to drive, handles extremely well, corners like a cat on velcro and is very comfortable. I don't know about the other colors, but the RC in Infrared really turns heads, and I've had a lot of spontaneous compliments. Come spring, I may not even miss the SC.
+1 with tfischer. The car is a joy. The bolstered seats are a little firm, but I plan to break them in to fit me
Old 11-27-14, 07:27 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Okay, good to hear that inventory is coming in slow and selling quickly. One of these days I want to test drive one!
Old 11-28-14, 04:33 AM
Briitini
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my dealership gets 8% of the total world allocation. they seem to always have them in, but they go quick.
Old 11-28-14, 01:47 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

there were at least 10 RC350 F Sports at my local dealer.
Old 11-28-14, 06:46 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tfischer
My dealer got two delivered on about the 10th. I bought one of them right away, and the other one (white) went into the showroom. My salesman, with whom I have been discussing this for months, says that deliveries will be slow, and most dealers won't have much of an inventory for quite a while, as they will probably be going out the door as fast as they are arriving on the lot. For this reason, swapping between dealers will be rare, so buyers will either have to be patient and wait for the color and the configuration they want, or they will have to settle. I got lucky and got exactly what I wanted right away (Infrared/AWD/luxury Pkg/NAV/and just about everything else and no ML). I felt like I do at the airport when my bag is the first or second to drop down to the carousel.
Hey, good to see you are enjoying your new RC! I remember you from the SC430 forum when I owned my '03 SC430. Congratulations!
Old 11-29-14, 06:12 AM
tfischer

Received 192 Likes on 145 Posts

Thanks. I had one of the first SC430s in town, and drove it for almost 14 years. I do have the first RC in town, and would not be surprised if it sticks around for another 14 years.
Old 11-29-14, 06:09 PM
maineiac
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, the new Lexus all look sharp. But is anyone else cheesed that Toyota denigrates the looks by pasting the front clip on their corollas?
Old 11-29-14, 06:49 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2

It's early in the intro process. Just give it a little time; they will be on the lot just like any other Lexus. Since the RC is probably a niche car, there may always be fewer on the lot than other models ... even when they reach full inventory. I went down to my dealership (Pleasanton Lexus) in the past week and they had a RC F in the showroom, a white RC being prepped in service, a black RC F-Sport going into service and a black RC F-Sport for customer pickup. It is just early. I am 100% certain they will be sitting on the lot once shipments start to arrive.
Old 11-30-14, 09:14 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Saw one at the dealer while getting service yesterday. Interior pretty much identical to the IS but with a bit more leather surface. Rear seats room pretty much tiny. Nevertheless I like the interior very much. I like that they have seat ventilation on the F Sport.

Now the bad news. I'm not a fan of the exterior. I feel it's too busy, too many lines, as if trying too hard. My gf called it too 'juvenile' and 'boyish'. Even though it was an F Sport the stance was not sporty at all. It's got the standard 4x4 wheel gap as other Lexus. I do love the spoiler.

I was hoping seeing the car in person will change my mind. My lease is due next summer and sadly it won't be the RC. At this point it will either be another GS, an IS, or the 4 series. I do like the new Mustang especially the GT350 too so we'll see.

Last edited by mso4; 11-30-14 at 11:02 PM.
Old 12-01-14, 07:50 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mso4
Saw one at the dealer while getting service yesterday. Interior pretty much identical to the IS but with a bit more leather surface. Rear seats room pretty much tiny. Nevertheless I like the interior very much. I like that they have seat ventilation on the F Sport.

Now the bad news. I'm not a fan of the exterior. I feel it's too busy, too many lines, as if trying too hard. My gf called it too 'juvenile' and 'boyish'. Even though it was an F Sport the stance was not sporty at all. It's got the standard 4x4 wheel gap as other Lexus. I do love the spoiler.

I was hoping seeing the car in person will change my mind. My lease is due next summer and sadly it won't be the RC. At this point it will either be another GS, an IS, or the 4 series. I do like the new Mustang especially the GT350 too so we'll see.
Yes, I saw one this past weekend and it is a little busy, with all the lines and the fake "strakes" in the back bumper. They could have taken a lesson from Infiniti, since their coupe is pretty free of frills and still looks good after 8 years. No comparison between the interiors. RC wins hands down.

Hopefully Infiniti will up their game with their next coupe due to Lexus's success with the RC.
Old 12-01-14, 07:57 PM
NotADood
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

We have had about 5or 6 come though my dealer (one of them an RC-F). of that every single one has been a pre-order and may sit on the lot for a day or two before being picked up.
Old 12-02-14, 07:19 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Again, good to see inventory is moving well. The more money Lexus makes, the better products and service we receive!