RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Will Lexus order a car from the factory?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-14, 12:54 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Coriaty1
Lexus dealer here, from Tom Wood Lexus in Indianapolis.

Essentially correct, once supply has been built up with standard build models (equipped the way most buyers will want them) the factory requests special orders. So 120 to 150 days is about right.
Order deadline each month is the 23rd here in the Midwest region, so orders placed before that should make it in the second months production ( ordered before the 23rd of November will be built in January usually. Once built it's about 30 days to the Midwest area.

Keep in mind it's not a Chinese menu option system, many items either cannot be put together or ordered separately and our internal builder will let us know when things can't be combined, etc.

Also, on pricing it is customary to buy special order cars at list msrp. Some dealers discount. Many people don't know dealers are allocated a certain number of cars each year, period. So we must give up a previously allocated car to order yours. It is not incremental business, just slower business!

Any other questions please feel free to ask!

Charles
Thanks for the honest info! I'm trying to be patient. It's tough given all the heated opinions flying around here.
Old 11-20-14, 07:23 PM
Infrared
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fishman350
RC I also live in Colorado and just put down my deposit on the first non F-Sport Kuni Lexus will be getting in. They indicated that they could accommodate a special order for full msrp and it would take four months. Lucky for me they had the exact configuration I wanted en route. I should take delivery around Dec. 10th.

They got their first two in today and I test drove the F-Sport. Very smooth ride even in sport plus mode. Not sure I'm a fan of the touchpad control but the car is unbelievably beautiful.
Congrats! Did you drive the red one? I bought it on the 5th--hope you were nice to my baby!

You're going to love your new RC. I just had my windows tinted at Kuni today and they gave me a 2014 ES350 to drive around... I had to drive it everywhere today. It was depressing.
Old 11-20-14, 08:58 PM
Fishman350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Infared
Congrats! Did you drive the red one? I bought it on the 5th--hope you were nice to my baby!

You're going to love your new RC. I just had my windows tinted at Kuni today and they gave me a 2014 ES350 to drive around... I had to drive it everywhere today. It was depressing.
I did drive your car. I was easy on it. Just reserved a time to have my car protected with Opti-Coat paint protection, so it had better get here on time. Stuff is amazing when you get it installed on a brand new paint job.... Especially on a black car like mine will be.
Old 11-21-14, 06:25 AM
RC350Fan
Rookie

Originally Posted by Fishman350
I did drive your car. I was easy on it. Just reserved a time to have my car protected with Opti-Coat paint protection, so it had better get here on time. Stuff is amazing when you get it installed on a brand new paint job.... Especially on a black car like mine will be.
Looking forward to seeing pictures, Fishman.
Old 12-03-14, 01:13 PM
MelF1fan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see here in the NorthEast (New Jersey) they all got the AWD models.

They are jacked up and look higher than my G37xS coupe.

Anyone know, is it possible to get a RWD F-Sport / Summer tires? I'd like to have the staggered wheels and 8speed Auto that only come with the RWD model.
Old 12-03-14, 08:23 PM
keithkva
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a RWD F-sport with VGRS and rear steering hitting the port next week, but I ordered back in September. I haven't seen anything other than AWD in my area (DC) either.