RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Does your RCF use oil?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-15, 03:31 PM
BAlbright
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does your RCF use oil?

I detailed my car yesterday and while I was under the hood, I thought I'd check the oil. I have 1300 miles on my car. I was surprised to see that the oil level was at the bottom mark on the dipstick. This was the first time I took a look at the oil. Perhaps the oil was never up to the top mark when I took delivery. Or is it normal for the V8 in the RCF to use a little oil? I came from ownership of a Honda Accord with a V6. I never had to look at the oil level in it. Whenever I did, it wasn't a drop down
Old 06-25-15, 05:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

was the car running?
Old 06-25-15, 05:29 PM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

My oil light came on at 4500miles and I had less than a quart in the car.
I travel with an extra quart in the trunk now.

I drive the aggressively in Sport plus ALL the time.

Last edited by Dbcooper13; 06-25-15 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-25-15, 05:55 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Dbcooper13
My oil light came on at 4500miles and I had less than a quart in the car.
I travel with an extra quart in the trunk now.

I drive the aggressively in Sport plus ALL the time.
Wow, that seems a lil' excessive i would think for a Lexus but i know the old air-cooled Porsche's the Oil is their Lifeline & they Definitely go thru it (what kind are you using Db)! I'm sure one of the techs on here could answer this though! GL!
Old 06-25-15, 06:12 PM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Wow, that seems a lil' excessive i would think for a Lexus but i know the old air-cooled Porsche's the Oil is their Lifeline & they Definitely go thru it (what kind are you using Db)! I'm sure one of the techs on here could answer this though! GL!
At 5000 I put in synthetic and then back to 10/30 at 10,000 miles because I want to change the oil every 5K based on the way I drive.
Old 06-25-15, 06:33 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Dbcooper13
At 5000 I put in synthetic and then back to 10/30 at 10,000 miles because I want to change the oil every 5K based on the way I drive.
Thanks Buddy! I'm just now at 500 miles () do you know what they came with from the Factory?
Guess i need to go ahead & put one in the Turtle Hull ( i know the young guys Won't know what that is)!
Old 06-25-15, 06:52 PM
jdolin22
Driver School Candidate

I have 200 miles on my car and the check oil light came on today.
Old 06-25-15, 06:59 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the oil light come on around 1500 so I added a quart of the whatever it said on the cap, I am going to run mineral oil and change it like the people who build the car say to do

3500 miles and it has not changed any, also I do hammer the car hitting redline daily.
Old 06-26-15, 03:53 AM
BAlbright
Driver

Sounds like a little consumption is normal. I'll need to keep a closer eye on it! Thanks for your replies
Old 06-26-15, 07:29 AM
2015RCF
Driver School Candidate

I had the same issue at 2,500 miles-oil light came on and it was crazy low. Lexus took the car ran a bunch tests. Filled it and want me to come back in 1,100 miles. The sealed the film cap and dipstick with tape that says Lexus factory seal so I can't even check it. This really has me worried. They said it might not have been filled correctly at the factory, or it could be a real issue. BTW- no oil drips or residue anywhere, even tailpipes look clean.
Old 06-26-15, 09:18 AM
Raykwon02
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The car will burn a good amount of oil during break-in. I check mine weekly and add as needed. After a couple thousand miles it will still burn oil, but not as much.
Old 06-26-15, 12:07 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Thanks Buddy! I'm just now at 500 miles () do you know what they came with from the Factory?
Guess i need to go ahead & put one in the Turtle Hull ( i know the young guys Won't know what that is)!
500 miles? You have too many cars!

I have over 7,500 miles since March. I use my car for business purposes so at least I am getting 57.5 Cents per mile for a lot of those miles . . .

There may be some oil consumption during break in. Should not be too alarming provided there are not other signs such as smoke, leaks and etc.

BTW, I have driven my car like I stole it since day one. My car actually had about 500 miles on it when I purchased it as it was used by Sports Illustrated for their hottie bikini model shoot.
Old 06-26-15, 02:24 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by BAlbright
I detailed my car yesterday and while I was under the hood, I thought I'd check the oil. I have 1300 miles on my car. I was surprised to see that the oil level was at the bottom mark on the dipstick. This was the first time I took a look at the oil. Perhaps the oil was never up to the top mark when I took delivery. Or is it normal for the V8 in the RCF to use a little oil? I came from ownership of a Honda Accord with a V6. I never had to look at the oil level in it. Whenever I did, it wasn't a drop down

Most of the oil consumption of this engine is due to the PCV system. That is why we designed the RR Racing Air/Oil Separator for the ISF. This model will also fit your RCF.

You are located about 1 hour from our shop... stop by and we will hook you up. Also, we have the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) for your car... you WILL NOT be disappointed.

-Rafi

ISF AOS Thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...separator.html
Attached Thumbnails Does your RCF use oil?-isfaos0001-oc.jpg   Does your RCF use oil?-aos-isf.jpg  
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 06-26-15, 03:03 PM
sraesmit
Rookie

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Most of the oil consumption of this engine is due to the PCV system. That is why we designed the RR Racing Air/Oil Separator for the ISF. This model will also fit your RCF.

You are located about 1 hour from our shop... stop by and we will hook you up. Also, we have the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) for your car... you WILL NOT be disappointed.

-Rafi

ISF AOS Thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...separator.html
I'd be interested in both of those parts since I frequent the track here in SoCal.
Old 03-16-19, 03:09 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

Anyone having oil burning issues with their RCF?

Quick Reply: Does your RCF use oil?