RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus Brakes - How Quickly I Forgot

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-15, 11:37 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FIGS
part of that TSB was to just cut the pad contact area in the rear brakes to about half the contact patch. This puts more bias on the front and pushes the heat a bit higher to reduce glazing. We should have 2 pad compounds to offer soon, just waiting on verification of the wear sensor interface on the pad. Anyone interested contact us.
Mike
I'm curious what Calipers you are using. We found the Brembo GT Calipers on the GTR could take the heat from the CCM kit, but we have not seen a lot that are capable.
Old 07-01-15, 01:07 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by STILLEN
I'm curious what Calipers you are using. We found the Brembo GT Calipers on the GTR could take the heat from the CCM kit, but we have not seen a lot that are capable.
We have co developed these kits with RB Performance and their calipers have always been designed with the highest attention to thermal decoupling in mind. The CCM disc is thicker at 34mm vs 32mm so a complete caliper solution had to be built. The pistons are stainless and thermally relieved to minimize the heat transfer to the seals and the fluid. We have already gotten excellent track environment testing with the GTR platform and since the RC-F is of similar weight we feel it will be a great fit. RB is also the only company currently providing pads that deviate from the generally used Pagid pads that have other issues. The pads are the key to the CCM puzzle and the only way to make it work is to have a complete offering.
Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 07-03-15, 05:43 AM
Zydan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Cabotech brake pads should be in today, and I should be able to get them on tomorrow, so expect some pictures and reviews shortly.
Looking very forward to no squeaking and hopefully less dust.
Old 07-04-15, 04:08 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This morning I installed the Carbotech pads front and rear. It went OK.

The pad wear indicator was hard to get back on for the fronts.

All four rear pads were identical, no right side/left side. The wear pad indicator for the left side ends up not lining up to the slot on the caliper where the wires run through for cable management. It's not a deal breaker, but it's a lack of attention to detail that's a bit frustrating for the price paid.

Braking seems to be on par with the Brembo pads. I didn't notice any difference in the feel or stopping distance. I only went for a 45 minute drive and produced very little dust. What was produced is a white dust that loosely gathered in the corners of the 10-spokes. It looks like it would blow away if a nice wind hit it.

While the wheels were off, I cleaned them front to back. It'll be interesting to see what they look like after a week's worth of driving.
Old 07-04-15, 05:07 PM
rjmalm
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ThaDRD
Tks for the status update. Will be interesting to read your results after a week of driving and then washing....
Old 07-06-15, 05:12 PM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ThaDRD
This morning I installed the Carbotech pads front and rear. It went OK.

The pad wear indicator was hard to get back on for the fronts.

All four rear pads were identical, no right side/left side. The wear pad indicator for the left side ends up not lining up to the slot on the caliper where the wires run through for cable management. It's not a deal breaker, but it's a lack of attention to detail that's a bit frustrating for the price paid.

Braking seems to be on par with the Brembo pads. I didn't notice any difference in the feel or stopping distance. I only went for a 45 minute drive and produced very little dust. What was produced is a white dust that loosely gathered in the corners of the 10-spokes. It looks like it would blow away if a nice wind hit it.

While the wheels were off, I cleaned them front to back. It'll be interesting to see what they look like after a week's worth of driving.
Sending you a PM
Old 07-10-15, 09:40 AM
RAMAIR47
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Installed carbotech pads

I had my Carbotech pads installed on Wednesday by the dealer ($356) and they ran into no problems at all. Today is the first chance I had to have the car washed, so I will see after this weekend how much dust reduction there is. By the way no squealing at all.
Old 07-10-15, 10:26 AM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by RAMAIR47
I had my Carbotech pads installed on Wednesday by the dealer ($356) and they ran into no problems at all. Today is the first chance I had to have the car washed, so I will see after this weekend how much dust reduction there is. By the way no squealing at all.
Glad to hear your pads went in without issue, Dennis! Looking forward to your impressions once they are bedded in and you get a chance to put some miles on them

-Matt M.